Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan Buying Wembley Stadium

(04-27-2018, 07:12 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 06:19 AM)hb1148 Wrote: This is about adding a revenue stream. If people weren't so wrapped up in conspiracy theories maybe they'd take some time to listen to what SK is actually saying. Look, if he wanted to move the team what would it buy him to constantly reaffirm that he's committed to Jacksonville, to developing Jacksonville, and investing in Jacksonville? He could just as easily do none of the above and move the team sooner rather than later if that was his intention.

It's about a lousy owner making a giant, up-staging cannon ball splash on a day reserved to celebrate the arrival of future NFL stars. The NFL brand is so wrapped up in business catchphrases and appearing to look smart it can't help, but to reveal it has no idea whatsoever what NFL football is all about.

Obviously, Khan believes putting an NFL franchise in Jacksonville is a big mistake. He's acting like a twelve year old little girl with emotional disabilities peeling paint off the living room walls. He can't move the Jaguars so he slips his fingernails into the sheet rock and peels back a little more and a little more.

Khan can buy the stadium the Jaguars are playing in right now and have revenue stream coming out of his nostrils. Instead he howls any chance he gets about Jacksonville and tries to impress people with big boats and stuff. What we end up with is lots and lots of alienated citizens of Jacksonville and a harbor full of one yacht that sticks out like a U.S.N. destroyer in a bath tub.

Khan plays average NFL fans perfectly. His antics are NOT about revenue streams, they're about a will-nilly owner pleading his case for moving the Jaguars out of Jacksonville. He knows the timing and he knows if he can continue to send out the same message - Jacksonville is too small of a market for an NFL team - he will gain all the sympathy he needs when he decides to pack up and haul away to London full-time.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what psychologists commonly refer to as projecting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2018, 06:47 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 09:46 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I can see two games a year there I don't like it but it's better then no games played here. And it does seem like they've built a pretty good core of "jaguars" fans there that was the point of this project wasn't it? Maybe they do two "home games" two "away games" and give the fans there 4 Jaguars games a year?
If they do that I will cancel my seat tickets because if that's the route then he might as well go all the way with it. Its like a man telling his wife that yeah I cheated on you but at least it wasn't with your best friend. LOL

It's more like he said, "I'm glad you are ok with me cheating on you every Friday night, so I'm going to start cheating every Saturday night too. You still get me the other 5 nights a week though, so be grateful. So what if it's cheating, and so what if it's the best nights of the week I give to the other girl, you still get to clean my house and cook my meals and wash my clothes. This new relationship means you can be sure I won't leave any time soon."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-27-2018, 07:14 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 07:12 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: It's about a lousy owner making a giant, up-staging cannon ball splash on a day reserved to celebrate the arrival of future NFL stars. The NFL brand is so wrapped up in business catchphrases and appearing to look smart it can't help, but to reveal it has no idea whatsoever what NFL football is all about.

Obviously, Khan believes putting an NFL franchise in Jacksonville is a big mistake. He's acting like a twelve year old little girl with emotional disabilities peeling paint off the living room walls. He can't move the Jaguars so he slips his fingernails into the sheet rock and peels back a little more and a little more.

Khan can buy the stadium the Jaguars are playing in right now and have revenue stream coming out of his nostrils. Instead he howls any chance he gets about Jacksonville and tries to impress people with big boats and stuff. What we end up with is lots and lots of alienated citizens of Jacksonville and a harbor full of one yacht that sticks out like a U.S.N. destroyer in a bath tub.

Khan plays average NFL fans perfectly. His antics are NOT about revenue streams, they're about a will-nilly owner pleading his case for moving the Jaguars out of Jacksonville. He knows the timing and he knows if he can continue to send out the same message - Jacksonville is too small of a market for an NFL team - he will gain all the sympathy he needs when he decides to pack up and haul away to London full-time.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what psychologists commonly refer to as projecting.

Actually you're the one doing the projecting. By accusing me of 'projecting' you are projecting. You are also blame-shifting like Shad Khan does. 

For example, does anybody really have any idea about his television market size ranting?

(04-26-2018, 05:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
Quote:That was Jaguars President Mark Lamping’s message Thursday when discussing news that Owner Shad Khan is trying to purchase Wembley Stadium in London, and Lamping said something else:

The move absolutely is not a reason for panic or concern for Jaguars fans.

“Jacksonville drives the Jaguars, not London,” Lamping said in a conference call Thursday.

Khan, the Jaguars’ owner and owner of Fulham Football Club, has extended an offer to The Football Association board of directors to purchase the legendary London venue. Khan confirmed the offer in a statement Thursday.

“For the Jaguars, it would deliver another – and very significant – asset and local revenue source that would further strengthen our investment in London, which as everyone knows is crucial to the Jaguars’ continued sustainability in Jacksonville,” Khan said in a statement.

Lamping called Thursday “a really good day for us.”

“This is significant because it does great things as an extension of what Shad is already doing in London, and it does great things to solidify the Jaguars position here in Jacksonville,” he said.

Lamping on Thursday also addressed the Jaguars’ long-term future in Jacksonville, emphasizing that the Jaguars and the City of Jacksonville throughout Khan’s six years as owner have invested heavily in what is now TIAA Bank Field.

“I would ask fans to judge us on our actions, not on what possibly their fears might be,” Lamping said. “Shad does business all over the world. When Shad bought the Four Seasons hotel in Toronto, some people were saying, ‘Oh, here it comes … the Jaguars are moving to Toronto.’ Obviously nothing like that occurred. Our behavior here in Jacksonville has been the exact opposite of what you would expect [from] an owner if he was planning to leave the market.”

Lamping said he understands fans being anxious over Thursday’s news “because fans in this market were subjected to a number of years where there were constant threats of the team relocating.”

“What I would remind people: all of that predated Shad Khan’s purchase of the franchise,” Lamping added.

Yep.

Again Mark and Khan have behaved the exact opposite of owners who don’t want to be in their current market. 

Dean Spanos, Stan Kroenke, Al Davis....they all let their stadiums and team rot. Then they left.

(04-27-2018, 07:40 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 07:14 AM)DragonFury Wrote: This, ladies and gentlemen, is what psychologists commonly refer to as projecting.

Actually you're the one doing the projecting. By accusing me of 'projecting' you are projecting. You are also blame-shifting like Shad Khan does. 

For example, does anybody really have any idea about his television market size ranting?

All that mad rambling and now your counter argument is "nuh uh, you are"? STELLAR

(04-26-2018, 11:01 PM)I Nashville.Dave Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 10:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wow. You really don't know what the hell you are talking about, huh?  

Sorry.  Can't entertain your trolling anymore. You're clueless.

In other words, i make perfect sense and you have no rebuttal?
Really not trying to troll. I dont want to see the jags move to london either. Just speaking the obvious. If a coach buys a house in another city everyone assumes.. if an owner buys a stadium and builds a practice facility in another city well thats just to help us here in jax...

Your an idiot. Even in its darkest years the Jags have turned a profit.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 08:58 AM by B2hibry.)

(04-27-2018, 06:47 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 09:46 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I can see two games a year there I don't like it but it's better then no games played here. And it does seem like they've built a pretty good core of "jaguars" fans there that was the point of this project wasn't it? Maybe they do two "home games" two "away games" and give the fans there 4 Jaguars games a year?
If they do that I will cancel my seat tickets because if that's the route then he might as well go all the way with it. Its like a man telling his wife that yeah I cheated on you but at least it wasn't with your best friend. LOL

Not that it matters to those looking for every excuse to give up tickets but what is your feeling if the league increases the season by two games alongside your apprehension of another game in London?

(04-27-2018, 07:14 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 07:12 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: It's about a lousy owner making a giant, up-staging cannon ball splash on a day reserved to celebrate the arrival of future NFL stars. The NFL brand is so wrapped up in business catchphrases and appearing to look smart it can't help, but to reveal it has no idea whatsoever what NFL football is all about.

I’ve got quite a set of other descriptive words for his/her posts, but pretty sure I’d be banned for life. No wonder the tacks think we have a bigger meth problem than they do!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I note that the stories about Khan's Wembley purchase keep mentioning the concept of playing 2 games there every year.

Who wants to wager that the 2019 schedule will feature back-to-back London games for the Jaguars? Then we can hear again about Khan's "commitment to Jacksonville" and how London really helps the "revenue streams".

Can you read the code words? Jacksonville = Podunk = polluted parking lots = no profits. London = "revenue streams" = Mayor Khan from Pakistan = Hey, why not play ALL our games there!

(04-27-2018, 09:04 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I note that the stories about Khan's Wembley purchase keep mentioning the concept of playing 2 games there every year.  

Who wants to wager that the 2019 schedule will feature back-to-back London games for the Jaguars?  Then we can hear again about Khan's "commitment to Jacksonville" and how London really helps the "revenue streams".  

Can you read the code words?  Jacksonville = Podunk = polluted parking lots = no profits.  London = "revenue streams" = Mayor Khan from Pakistan = Hey, why not play ALL our games there!

Paranoid and xenophobic?   Wow. Total package.

(04-27-2018, 09:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:04 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I note that the stories about Khan's Wembley purchase keep mentioning the concept of playing 2 games there every year.  

Who wants to wager that the 2019 schedule will feature back-to-back London games for the Jaguars?  Then we can hear again about Khan's "commitment to Jacksonville" and how London really helps the "revenue streams".  

Can you read the code words?  Jacksonville = Podunk = polluted parking lots = no profits.  London = "revenue streams" = Mayor Khan from Pakistan = Hey, why not play ALL our games there!

Paranoid and xenophobic?   Wow. Total package.

Yeah the whole Khan linkage thing is just dumb and smacks of stereotyping

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 10:29 AM by homebiscuit.)

“Stephen from Jacksonville, FL
Did somebody harpoon the whale on its way back out to sea? The Wembley deal scares me, Vic.

It concerns me, too. I worry that if the Jaguars experience a downturn in fortunes, as they did shortly after I left Jacksonville, London would become an attractive option. I wish the ownership's focus was concentrated solely on Jacksonville. Be that as it may, I love the Taven Bryan pick. A strong defense just got stronger.”

This is why I’ve never fully bought into Vic Ketchman. I think he enjoys poking Jacksonville with a stick.

(04-27-2018, 10:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: “Stephen from Jacksonville, FL
Did somebody harpoon the whale on its way back out to sea? The Wembley deal scares me, Vic.

It concerns me, too. I worry that if the Jaguars experience a downturn in fortunes, as they did shortly after I left Jacksonville, London would become an attractive option. I wish the ownership's focus was concentrated solely on Jacksonville. Be that as it may, I love the Taven Bryan pick. A strong defense just got stronger.”

This is why I’ve never fully bought into Vic Ketchman. I think he enjoys poking Jacksonville with a stick.

He certainly got even more salty at the very end.  He saw the writing on the wall and found a parachute.

He always said the mountains were his getaway, so I think he chased the next best thing... to work for a historic franchise even if he had to brave the bitter cold.

He couldn't get out of here quick enough at the end, and he let his angst show.  I don't think it was against the club in general, I think it was more the way things were heading at the end of the Weaver ownership.  He'd seen much better days here (as had the entire city.)
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I always had the feeling that Vic never thought that Jacksonville was worthy of him. I mean, he covered the Steelers!, and here he was - with a team that suffered blackouts and was some small village with acceptable golf courses.

And then he ends up in Green Bay, lol. Even smaller and less good golf. There's something about karma in all of this.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

How is that poking? While I don’t agree with it, he gave a well written reason as to why it concerned him. He wants the ownership to focus fully on Jax. It’s a bit of a naive prospect since London helps stabilize us here but oh well. I think Vic wants the Jags here and would hate to see them go.

(04-27-2018, 10:57 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:

How is that poking? While I don’t agree with it, he gave a well written reason as to why it concerned him. He wants the ownership to focus fully on Jax. It’s a bit of a naive prospect since London helps stabilize us here but oh well. I think Vic wants the Jags here and would hate to see them go.

I say it’s poking because his loose conjecture directly contradicts Shad Khan’s statement.

I am pretty sure the mayor was born in the UK.  As a "Pakistani"-American/New Englander, nice to see you share your bigotry.  Thank you.  My father is older than Pakistan.

I am a Patriots fan, by the way.  Since 1986.  I could imagine the London Jaguars would switch spots with the Miami Dolphins in the conference, moving the London Jaguars to the AFC East.  New England, New York, Toronto, and London.  That's how the NFL would begin internationalizing their brand.

Khan knows we ie england are broke and stupid and might sell something like this off stupidly cheap. Wembley is the home of English football and makes tonnes of revenue in gigs etc.

This is just another shrewd investment by a very talented business man

(04-26-2018, 08:53 AM)Andy G Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 08:46 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Agreed on poor timing. 

But again...everyone freaking out needs to calm down. 

There are two reasons that Khan can break the lease: 

1. He’s lost money on the Jags three consecutive years. No NFL team and I mean no team is losing money. Even the Browns. 

2. Stadium is in disrepair and or not up to modern standards. Khan has went the complete opposite way. The stadium is in good shape and modern by every standard. Scoreboards, new seats, the pools, the club renovations, the new dog park, etc. You don’t do these things if you want to move. You pull a Davis or Kroenke and don’t spend money on improvements and sit back and wait. 

This move may stabilize the jags even further. Now khan keeps all the revenue from all nfl games, and yes the jags may play another game and two in London. But I prefer it to the more unattractive option which is losing the team altogether.

I don’t think he will move the Jaguars either.

But could he put the team up for sale?

(Again, don’t think he will, but just looking at the options)

This is what Shad Khan has told the Fulham fans.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/...-statement

"The games the Jaguars play at Wembley are essential to the financial stability of the Jaguars in Jacksonville, which is one of the smallest markets in the NFL. If my ownership interests were to include Wembley Stadium, it would protect the Jaguars’ position in London at a time when other NFL teams are understandably becoming more interested in this great city. And the stronger the Jaguars are in London, the more stable and promising the Jaguars’ future will be in Jacksonville." - Shad Khan
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 01:35 PM by Butch.)

All professional leagues we have today in the United States and Canada were built on the backs of small markets and sometimes poorer fans.  Besides MLS.  If that is even a true major league.  The NFL has it's roots in the Midwest and western New York.  The NHL has it's roots mining towns in Ontario.  The NBA has it's roots in the Midwest and western New York, as well.  Rochester, NY, once had NFL and NBA franchises.  Hartford had MLB, NFL and NHL teams.  Etc, etc, etc.  The Patriots were very close to moving to Hartford because Massachusetts wasn't willing to help in building a new stadium.

Get used to it.  Jacksonville was used as leverage by NFL franchises to get new stadiums.  The Jaguars were the reward for allowing the NFL to use Jacksonville as leverage.  Now, it might be time to make a different use of the Jaguars, as evident by Khan's words.  They are interested in expanding their markets and consumer base.  That is their #1 priority.  Mexico will likely have a team soon.  Arthur Blank believes London is capable of having 2 NFL franchises.  Don't be surprised if a European division in the NFL develops.

(04-27-2018, 01:31 PM)Butch Wrote: Don't be surprised if a European division in the NFL develops.

I'm having trouble choosing between two responses....

1. Because it worked out so well last time?

and

2.  BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!(breath)BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."