Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Make America Brain Damaged Again

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-...chemicals/

So... Can any of the cult members explain how Dow giving $ to Trump to allow nerve gas that causes brain damage to be spread on food makes America great? Is not eating tainted food disloyalty which can earn me a scathing tweet? 

How is this good for anyone not named Trump or Dow? I am very curious to watch the mental contortions on this. 

Because every single thing he does seems to be a calculated move to somehow better himself or the elite rich.  (Pssssstt...  That means not you or 99% of Americans)
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Snopes has been discredited as a left wing web site....

You've been fooled again by them
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2018, 08:18 AM by Kotite.)

So.. None of this is true. You deny this happened? Google is the biggest enemy outside of journalists. Electrolytes. It's what plants crave. Did you already eat the brain damage causing crops? If not, you are woefully ignorant.

More fake news: http://www.businessinsider.com/scott-pru...des-2017-6

(07-03-2018, 07:17 AM)Kotite Wrote: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-...chemicals/

So... Can any of the cult members explain how Dow giving $ to Trump to allow nerve gas that causes brain damage to be spread on food makes America great? Is not eating tainted food disloyalty which can earn me a scathing tweet? 

How is this good for anyone not named Trump or Dow? I am very curious to watch the mental contortions on this. 

Because every single thing he does seems to be a calculated move to somehow better himself or the elite rich.  (Pssssstt...  That means not you or 99% of Americans)

Haven't you heard? Snopes, a site that was known for determining fake news is now..... fake news.  Trump has literally driven you people mad.

(07-03-2018, 07:17 AM)Kotite Wrote: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-...chemicals/

I find it interesting that this is brought up now as if manufactures haven't had special interest groups giving money to previous presidents before.  They've put stuff we shouldn't have in our body for years now.

All the sudden its a problem now.

Well it's not "nerve gas," it hasn't been shown to cause brain damage, and the ban was reversed by Pruitt (not Trump) along with a host of other regulations that were put forth by the EPA under Obama while lacking scientific evidence. That's all from the Snopes link you gave. So either you didn't read your link past the first paragraph, or you lied on purpose. Which was it?

Dursban has been used for 40 years with no evidence of harm, while the average human lifespan has increased markedly during that time. After 40 years it would no longer be under patent protection, so companies other than Dow can manufacture and sell it and there's no particular advantage to Dow vs. the chemical industry in general.

You really need to do your homework before you post nonsense you've read on Facebook.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-03-2018, 09:30 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Well it's not "nerve gas," it hasn't been shown to cause brain damage, and the ban was reversed by Pruitt (not Trump) along with a host of other regulations that were put forth by the EPA under Obama while lacking scientific evidence. That's all from the Snopes link you gave. So either you didn't read your link past the first paragraph, or you lied on purpose. Which was it?

Dursban has been used for 40 years with no evidence of harm, while the average human lifespan has increased markedly during that time. After 40 years it would no longer be under patent protection, so companies other than Dow can manufacture and sell it and there's no particular advantage to Dow vs. the chemical industry in general.

You really need to do your homework before you post nonsense you've read on Facebook.

But, but, it’s from the Nazis!

Someones a big Chelsea Handler fan. Also, it's pretty bad when a left-leaning site like Snopes slaps your "cult" piece down. Did you even take the time to read it?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

So basically what you are all saying is you want chemicals that have been previously banned sprayed all over what you eat. Got it. Serve yourself a huge plate, then make your kids eat twice as much.

It is so on the up and up, Dow gave a million dollars to get them to overturn the ban. It must be exhausting ignoring facts. Follow the money, unless it tells you something you don't like. Then ignore it and make a Hillary or fake news comment.

I guess the fact 61% of his staff has turned over in 600 days (a record) is also fake news. As are the indictments and 5 people tied to the administration who have plead guilty. All fake news. Also.. North Korea is nuke free. Our deficit is NOT getting worse either. As much as you guys swallow, you might consider prostitution as a side gig.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2018, 10:48 AM by MalabarJag.)

(07-03-2018, 10:24 AM)Kotite Wrote: 1. So basically what you are all saying is you want chemicals that have been previously banned sprayed all over what you eat. Got it. Serve yourself a huge plate, then make your kids eat twice as much.

2. It is so on the up and up, Dow gave a million dollars to get them to overturn the ban. It must be exhausting ignoring facts. Follow the money, unless it tells you something you don't like. Then ignore it and make a Hillary or fake news comment.

3. I guess the fact 61% of his staff has turned over in 600 days (a record) is also fake news. As are the indictments and 5 people tied to the administration who have plead guilty. All fake news. Also..  North Korea is nuke free. Our deficit is NOT getting worse either. As much as you guys swallow, you might consider prostitution as a side gig.

1. This particular chemical has been sprayed on crops (not "food" which is washed and processed before eating) for 40 years without any harm. It shouldn't have been banned. If you think that every decision by a government employee is worthy of being cited as proof then you must have no problem with the police shooting unarmed citizens.

2. Dow gave $1M to help fund the inaugural celebration. Corporations do this all the time with every president. That money didn't go into Trump's pocket, and wasn't done to overturn that particular ban, which Dow doesn't even have a patent on. So yes, another lie by Kotite.

3. And since you were shot down by your own link, it's time to change the subject. Typical of the Left.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-03-2018, 10:24 AM)Kotite Wrote: So basically what you are all saying is you want chemicals that have been previously banned sprayed all over what you eat. Got it. Serve yourself a huge plate, then make your kids eat twice as much.

It is so on the up and up, Dow gave a million dollars to get them to overturn the ban. It must be exhausting ignoring facts. Follow the money, unless it tells you something you don't like. Then ignore it and make a Hillary or fake news comment.

I guess the fact 61% of his staff has turned over in 600 days (a record) is also fake news. As are the indictments and 5 people tied to the administration who have plead guilty. All fake news. Also..  North Korea is nuke free. Our deficit is NOT getting worse either. As much as you guys swallow, you might consider prostitution as a side gig.

I don't really have a preference for one side or the other(actually I'm just going say that because you seem to get hyper defensive to the point of insulting people if someone points out anything that contradicts or challenges your opinion or stance) but i really don't understand the need for this much sarcasm or anger towards people who answered the question you presented.

We know a fraction of the real facts about half the things you guys argue about and yet i watch this section throw fits at each other on a regular basis as if we have all the information. TBH its just entertaining to read during the offseason. But there comes a certain point where everyone begins to look foolish.

(07-03-2018, 10:24 AM)Kotite Wrote: So basically what you are all saying is you want chemicals that have been previously banned sprayed all over what you eat. Got it. Serve yourself a huge plate, then make your kids eat twice as much.

I guess the fact 61% of his staff has turned over in 600 days (a record) is also fake news. As are the indictments and 5 people tied to the administration who have plead guilty. All fake news. Also..  North Korea is nuke free. Our deficit is NOT getting worse either. As much as you guys swallow, you might consider prostitution as a side gig.
If you aren't growing it yourself, it will be sprayed with a multitude of chemicals. FYI, this chemical has a shelf-life of 15 days, and the insect neurological inhibitors are gone. Only metabolic factors exist after that have no impacts on anything. It is taken out of the body as waste. You are exposed to way more stuff than this eating at McDonald's.

You have zero idea what the facts are apparently. This substance was never banned for agriculture use in the U.S. It was merely a proposal that had no correlational grounds. The EPA used two main studies that showed "maybe" there could be a connection to a risk but in both the sample sizes were small and suffered from too many confounding variables. Because the EPA reviewed multiple studies that didn’t find an association between organophosphates and developmental issues in children, it decided to no longer pursue a ban for use in agriculture.

Tip: Wash your produce before you eat it.

Also, what does your last grouping of words have to do with the topic? I'll bite though...

- 61% turned over: So what? Work for your money. Take this pink slip for the agency that no longer exists and was wasting tax payer dollars anyhow. (czars)
- Which indictments? Which 5 guilty pleas? You mean the one or two that judges are investigating because they appeared cohersed and have zero to do with "Russian Collussion?" Or, the one or two for financial issues that once again have zero to do with "Russian  Collusion?"
- North Korea Nuke Free: When was this settled? What are the terms of the agreement? Policy? Source?
- Deficit: Not even going to try to explain GDP and the variables that play into the economy. It would be way over your head if you are already pinpointing one item to determine economic health.
- Prostitution: Stormy Daniels (Stephanie Clifford)
-
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

*heavy sighs and gesticulations*

NAZIS!

(07-03-2018, 10:50 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:

I don't really have a preference for one side or the other(actually I'm just going say that because you seem to get hyper defensive to the point of insulting people if someone points out anything that contradicts or challenges your opinion or stance) but i really don't understand the need for this much sarcasm or anger towards people who answered the question you presented.

We know a fraction of the real facts about half the things you guys argue about and yet i watch this section throw fits at each other on a regular basis as if we have all the information. TBH its just entertaining to read during the offseason. But there comes a certain point where everyone begins to look foolish.

The peaceful party is the quickest to hurl insults and call names it seems.

kotite, your worldview based on lies is crumbling around you

Your cult has used you.

There is time to redeem yourself, if you can find your way back to reality.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(07-03-2018, 12:51 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 10:50 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I don't really have a preference for one side or the other(actually I'm just going say that because you seem to get hyper defensive to the point of insulting people if someone points out anything that contradicts or challenges your opinion or stance) but i really don't understand the need for this much sarcasm or anger towards people who answered the question you presented.

The peaceful party is the quickest to hurl insults and call names it seems.

"Tolerance", lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-03-2018, 12:53 PM)pirkster Wrote: kotite, your worldview based on lies is crumbling around you

Your cult has used you.

To be fair, both sides are used by their cults...

Pot, meet kettle

(07-03-2018, 01:37 PM)Gettin\ Jaggy with it Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 12:53 PM)pirkster Wrote: kotite, your worldview based on lies is crumbling around you

Your cult has used you.

To be fair, both sides are used by their cults...

Pot, meet kettle

That's why I'm independent and do not back either party.

Once moveon.org and others drove the left off the deep end, we eventually saw their equal opposite spring up in response.

It's only natural.  A natural balance.  If one side goes kooky, the other responds in kind.  The intensity of the extremes rise in concert with one another.

What we're seeing today, is that the left is going so far left... the vast majority is to their right.  They're going to undermine themselves with their "normalized" extremism.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

IMO, Lorsban is not used nearly as widely as that article claims. 

It's an older, less effective chemistry which isn't accepted by certain global markets, making it a lot less relevant than it was 25 years ago. 

I've never used it, and really the only thing I can think of that I might possibly use it for is ants - and even then Lorsban would be like my 4th choice.

You could join the circus with those contortions.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato