Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Buccaneers Preseason Game Night Thread***

You guys are seriously delusional. Lee was 11-21 for 0 TD's against a bunch of scrubs, on a bad team who will not be on NFL rosters. He finally doesn't completely suck in a game, but that doesn't mean he's any good. I'd virtually take Henne over Lee and I hate Henne. Lee is not making the team and he shouldn't even make the PS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-31-2018, 04:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You guys are seriously delusional. Lee was 11-21 for 0 TD's against a bunch of scrubs, on a bad team who will not be on NFL rosters. He finally doesn't completely suck in a game, but that doesn't mean he's any good. I'd virtually take Henne over Lee and I hate Henne. Lee is not making the team and he shouldn't even make the PS.

I am guessing you did not watch the game?

(08-31-2018, 05:04 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 04:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You guys are seriously delusional. Lee was 11-21 for 0 TD's against a bunch of scrubs, on a bad team who will not be on NFL rosters. He finally doesn't completely suck in a game, but that doesn't mean he's any good. I'd virtually take Henne over Lee and I hate Henne. Lee is not making the team and he shouldn't even make the PS.

Who you gonna believe, him or your lying eyes?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-31-2018, 05:04 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

Yes, I did.

(08-31-2018, 08:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 05:04 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I am guessing you did not watch the game?

Yes, I did.

Apparently not.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Tanner Lee showed more than enough to earn a PS spot to my eye.

Composure, velocity, accuracy, mobility, eyes downfield under pressure. He looked like a completely different player compared to the Saints game.

I'd love to see him get development in Jax. 

[Image: TLEE1.gif]

[Image: TLEE2.gif]

(08-30-2018, 10:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 10:22 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Does this game improve anyone's expectations for the season?

We already at 19-0, now we're on to next season's expectations.

16,000 posts, now this gem. Props.

Lee's release and arm strength are impressive. Someone mentioned that he's small but he's listed at 6-4, 218 at 23 years old.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Tanner Lee went from straight cut to PS QB. Good for him.
It's kinda what you'd expect from a 6th round QB I imagine. They spoke about how he looked lost VS the Saints and had stepped up his game quite a bit to 'earn' a PS spot.
I kinda agree... (Unless the Rams cut BA, then we could put HIM on our PS) I mean, how many options are gonna be that much better. Perhaps Bortles falters over the next season or two... Maybe Lee develops by then and backs up Kessler....

Who knows.
I do know this... Lee had no weapons and the backup OL guys don't block very well. Even still at times I'd have to give the man his due for making some nice throws.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2018, 09:51 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-31-2018, 08:45 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 08:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes, I did.

Apparently not.

I did. Just look at the conversations on this board. I was posting about plays during the game.

(08-31-2018, 09:41 AM)Kane Wrote: Tanner Lee went from straight cut to PS QB. Good for him.
It's kinda what you'd expect from a 6th round QB I imagine. They spoke about how he looked lost VS the Saints and had stepped up his game quite a bit to 'earn' a PS spot.
I kinda agree... (Unless the Rams cut BA, then we could put HIM on our PS) I mean, how many options are gonna be that much better. Perhaps Bortles falters over the next season or two... Maybe Lee develops by then and backs up Kessler....

Who knows.
I do know this... Lee had no weapons and the backup OL guys don't block very well. Even still at times I'd have to give the man his due for making some nice throws.

He was also playing the 3rd string defense on one of the worst defensive teams in the NFL. People seem to ignore this part. Our 3rd string offense is miles better than the Bucs 3rd team defense. Most of the guys he was facing will be working the local drive up windows of various fast food restaurants in the Tampa bay area next week.

Smoot is God-Awful !!!

(08-30-2018, 08:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I might watch this game to the half. I really wanna see the new Oklahoma State QB.

(08-31-2018, 09:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 08:45 AM)knarnn Wrote: Apparently not.

I did. Just look at the conversations on this board. I was posting about plays during the game.

LOL -  That was your final post during the game.

(08-31-2018, 10:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 08:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I might watch this game to the half. I really wanna see the new Oklahoma State QB.

(08-31-2018, 09:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I did. Just look at the conversations on this board. I was posting about plays during the game.

LOL -  That was your final post during the game.

Exactly. I continued watching the game on my computer though, while I watched the Oklahoma State game on my television. I was multi-tasking. I didn't post any more during the second half, because the game got boring as we descended deeper down the roster and I was also trying to watch the OSU Cowboys' new QB on t.v. at the same time.

(08-31-2018, 11:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 10:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL -  That was your final post during the game.

Exactly. I continued watching the game on my computer though, while I watched the Oklahoma State game on my television. I was multi-tasking. I didn't post any more during the second half, because the game got boring as we descended deeper down the roster and I was also trying to watch the OSU Cowboys' new QB on t.v. at the same time.

Idk, I thought it got more exciting later into the game. Strip sack TD, Interception, deep passes....
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-31-2018, 09:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 08:45 AM)knarnn Wrote: Apparently not.

(08-31-2018, 09:41 AM)Kane Wrote: Tanner Lee went from straight cut to PS QB. Good for him.

Who knows.

He was also playing the 3rd string defense on one of the worst defensive teams in the NFL. People seem to ignore this part. Our 3rd string offense is miles better than the Bucs 3rd team defense. Most of the guys he was facing will be working the local drive up windows of various fast food restaurants in the Tampa bay area next week.

All that taken into consideration, that doesn't take away from the dimes he dropped last night. The receivers could have been completely wide open(they weren't) and the passes themselves still looked good and were placed nicely.

I think Lee's skill set would be lucky to net him a Backup spot on any roster, but don't take away from his performance with a blanket statement like "the defense was bad, her der"... Sadly it looks like bother Kessler AND Lee are more natural throwers than Blake Bortles is. Although Blake is still da man.

Lee definitely has an arm

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2018, 03:20 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-31-2018, 11:50 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 11:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Exactly. I continued watching the game on my computer though, while I watched the Oklahoma State game on my television. I was multi-tasking. I didn't post any more during the second half, because the game got boring as we descended deeper down the roster and I was also trying to watch the OSU Cowboys' new QB on t.v. at the same time.

Idk, I thought it got more exciting later into the game. Strip sack TD, Interception, deep passes....

It was like watching an AFL game though. 90% of those guys playing in the second half will be driving for Uber, selling insurance or flipping houses after final cuts. I need to see football from quality NFL players to stay interested. Maybe I'm just jaded.

(08-31-2018, 03:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 11:50 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Idk, I thought it got more exciting later into the game. Strip sack TD, Interception, deep passes....

It was like watching an AFL game though. 90% of those guys playing in the second half will be driving for Uber, selling insurance or flipping houses after final cuts. I need to see football from quality NFL players to stay interested. Maybe I'm just jaded.

LOL - but you said you were simultaneously watching a college football game. 

Hint: None of those guys are quality NFL players.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2018, 03:42 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-31-2018, 03:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 03:18 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It was like watching an AFL game though. 90% of those guys playing in the second half will be driving for Uber, selling insurance or flipping houses after final cuts. I need to see football from quality NFL players to stay interested. Maybe I'm just jaded.

LOL - but you said you were simultaneously watching a college football game. 

Hint: None of those guys are quality NFL players.

How do you know? There are a lot of guys on NFL rosters that were never given a chance to make it in the pros. OSU RB Justice Hill is one of the top rated RB's in the country.