Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
(stinkin tacks game complaint threads merged)

(09-23-2018, 11:23 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 11:13 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Fair points. But imho, high score o's are something that is hard to sustain in the nfl. You meet Brees or arod in January and try to get in a shootout with them with a weak D and it's going to be a long day. I would rather go toe to toe with heavy hitters when I have a top tier D, but that's just how see it.

I respect your opinion. The point I was trying to make is that we’re not “obviously” more talented than KC. This offense is starting to resemble a certain “Greatest Show on Turf” imo and we know how that played out...

I understand. That is why, initially, I said I wouldn't say they are "obviously" better but IMO the nod still went to us. No doubt KC is hitting on all cylinders right now. But I'm interested to see how mahomes handles a bit of adversity. So far every thing has fallen in line for him. Once he takes a L and a few thumps, I'm interested to see how he responds.

Funny you draw the comparison to the greatest show on turf. The high powered O that bested to titans in the SB LOL. Also worth mentioning that the rams now would probably be the team who would be a huge problem for us with that D. They are basically the titans(in the since they have a stout D and relatively balanced O that leans a little more to the run) with actual high caliber NFL players unlike the trash pile we lost to today.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2018, 11:36 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 11:23 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: I respect your opinion. The point I was trying to make is that we’re not “obviously” more talented than KC. This offense is starting to resemble a certain “Greatest Show on Turf” imo and we know how that played out...

I understand. That is why, initially, I said I wouldn't say they are "obviously" better but IMO the nod still went to us. No doubt KC is hitting on all cylinders right now. But I'm interested to see how mahomes handles a bit of adversity. So far every thing has fallen in line for him. Once he takes a L and a few thumps, I'm interested to see how he responds.

Funny you draw the comparison to the greatest show on turf. The high powered O that bested to titans in the SB LOL. Also worth mentioning that the rams now would probably be the team who would be a huge problem for us with that D. They are basically the titans(in the since they have a stout D and relatively balanced O that leans a little more to the run) with actual high caliber NFL players unlike the trash pile we lost to today.
Yea there are a few NFC teams who scare me but I’d take us over any AFC team not named Tennessee right now with the guys we’ll have back next week

Look we real Jaguar fans should know that the Titans always seem to bring the worst out of us. Even during those several horrible years I took solace in beating them at least once per year.. we're left over analyzing a game in which we didn't look prepared to win in the slightest. Over analyzing will get us nowhere time to fix the dumb stuff like the drive extending defensive and drive killing offensive penalties. I think we should move some pieces on the O-Line and then just prepare to beat the Jets. We ate some humble pie.. can't get too high when we win can't get too low when we lose. Anyone who thought we were going to cake walk through the season and end up undefeated is deluded.
No pain, no gain.

You guys still think you"re winning the division?
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 11:50 PM by JagsorDie.)

(09-23-2018, 11:41 PM)JNev Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 11:36 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I understand. That is why, initially, I said I wouldn't say they are "obviously" better but IMO the nod still went to us. No doubt KC is hitting on all cylinders right now. But I'm interested to see how mahomes handles a bit of adversity. So far every thing has fallen in line for him. Once he takes a L and a few thumps, I'm interested to see how he responds.

Yea there are a few NFC teams who scare me but I’d take us over any AFC team not named Tennessee right now with the guys we’ll have back next week

I'm with you. I think KC is still one of the teams that is very talented and has gotten off to a hot start but could see some hic ups as the season continues. I will be interesting to see how they bounce back if they have a titans week like we just had. On the same note, it will be interesting to see how we respond to slipping on a pile trash.

but when comparing rosters, I think we certainly have the strongest in the AFC. At least in the since I wouldn't trade for any one else's roster.

(09-23-2018, 11:47 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: You guys still think you"re winning the division?

LOL

(09-23-2018, 09:41 PM)HereComesTheBROOM43 Wrote: This is just the opinion of a lowly broom, so take it for what's it worth.

But as I finished sweeping the floor of TIAA today, I couldn't help but think that maybe our beloved Jags were no more than a mirage the whole time (sweepsweep)

Many proclaimed us to be the best team in the NFL (what a great week that was). But were we really?

Week 1 we beat the Giants who are a terrible team, and it took them beating themselves for us to win.

Week 2 we took down the ALMIGHTY Patriots. The same patriots who squeaked by Houston (who lost to the Giants and Titans Backup QB) and who is currently getting destroyed by the lions ...

So perhaps our wins were not that strong? And perhaps we were never that great?

Oh well, my job at TIAA is done (all swept). My next job is scheduled at Nissan Stadium week 14. Hopefully I can finish sweeping then, but all indications are I won't have any problems with the SWEEP.

#sweepsweep
Your future awaits...
[Image: article_dc177833-4930-4394-9cde-8639d3864ece.jpg]

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(09-23-2018, 11:47 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: You guys still think you"re winning the division?

No doubt. Titans get up for the Jags and play us well, but not so much others. If the tacks are above 8-8 I will be surprised. I fully expect the Jags to be 10+ tho. We are the better team, even if we didn't play like it today.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Um. Wow. Yes. Tennessee is trash. You have our number, great. Otherwise you guys will be lucky to hit 8 wins this year, and that's giving you 1 more vs us. I see a 6 game losing streak coming for inbred nation.

https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...65249?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 01:38 AM by JagsorDie.)

(09-24-2018, 01:19 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...65249?s=21
Isn't it weird how almost all his touchdowns came on throws over 10 yards. This worked so well in week 2 we abandoned it all together for week 3. That is the Hackett way.
[Image: pass-chart_BOR650964_2018-reg-2_1537143068984.jpeg]

With every play on offense I knew we were either gonna run the ball or pass the ball.

I saw what looked like some lousy effort on top of lousy attempts to catch the ball. Chark has a fumble and a couple of bad drops to start his rookie season. Bortles wasn't trusting the protection you could tell. They were passing off the drags and slants to the DB on the other side of the field and had a spy any time he wanted to roll out and make any plays with his legs. We needed to run it down their throat and take shots off play action.. we didn't even attempt to establish the run today. Apparently we thought Bortles was Peyton Manning and he isn't.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 02:14 AM by Nashville.Dave.)

(09-24-2018, 12:45 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

Um. Wow. Yes. Tennessee is trash. You have our number, great. Otherwise you guys will be lucky to hit 8 wins this year, and that's giving you 1 more vs us. I see a 6 game losing streak coming for inbred nation.

Tacks will improve as the season goes. If they can keep scraping wins here and there thru the midway point, i see more of a 6 game win streak going into the playoffs.

If the titans are trash, what does that make the jags?
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Win against the Pats looks meaningless. Division games mean so much..... way to go Marrone...

(09-24-2018, 04:49 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Win against the Pats looks meaningless. Division games mean so much..... way to go Marrone...

I am slightly confused. The titans won 5 divisional games last year, I think. And still lost the division to the Jaguars. 

What good does beating Jags do, if you can't hang with other quality opponents? Why do you think the titans hate us, and some of their fans stalk us? They absolutely cannot stand that they are clearly inept against the others that matter. See Steelers and Pats routs last year.

Jags are built for the league, and long haul. titans are built for Jags. They have that going for them. Expect them to stick around the board for a while, listening, understanding, envying. 

Put yourself in their position; it must be maddening for them: we can beat them Jags who can beat everybody else. But we can't. We feel your pain titans.

(09-24-2018, 07:53 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 04:49 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Win against the Pats looks meaningless. Division games mean so much..... way to go Marrone...

I am slightly confused. The titans won 5 divisional games last year, I think. And still lost the division to the Jaguars. 

What good does beating Jags do, if you can't hang with other quality opponents? Why do you think the titans hate us, and some of their fans stalk us? They absolutely cannot stand that they are clearly inept against the others that matter. See Steelers and Pats routs last year.

Jags are built for the league, and long haul. titans are built for Jags. They have that going for them. Expect them to stick around the board for a while, listening, understanding, envying. 

Put yourself in their position; it must be maddening for them: we can beat them Jags who can beat everybody else. But we can't. We feel your pain titans.
Pretty much sums it up.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2018, 09:16 AM by Caldrac.)

Offense looked flat. Looked like the same gameplan from week one against the Giants.

They took no deep shots. They didnt stretch the field at all. Yeldon and Grant combined for 13 touches on the ground in a game where Bortles attempted 34 passes.

We weren't down by multiple scores. It was a close game. No reason to see Bortles attempt 34 passes yesterday.

The pass blocking was weak. Bortles sailed a few passes and had another handful batted at the line which means he wasn't looking off his defenders enough.

Chark continues to disappoint on the field. Unless it's special teams. I don't want to see him in the line up. Westbrook also dropped an easy one. As did Cole.

Just a poor day on offense in general. They ALL sucked yesterday. Especially the play calling. Marrone's decision making was spotty at times. The penalties continue to haunt us.

We'll see you on December 6th. We'll make it square then. Other than that. Good game you toothless broom.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-24-2018, 01:53 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I saw what looked like some lousy effort on top of lousy attempts to catch the ball. Chark has a fumble and a couple of bad drops to start his rookie season. Bortles wasn't trusting the protection you could tell. They were passing off the drags and slants to the DB on the other side of the field and had a spy any time he wanted to roll out and make any plays with his legs. We needed to run it down their throat and take shots off play action.. we didn't even attempt to establish the run today. Apparently we thought Bortles was Peyton Manning and he isn't.
I thought that was why we got ASJ. I figured he would be the piece we needed to split cover2 safeties down the middle. He was invisible yesterday.

The gameplan was not that much different but boy the execution was awful. Cole makes a circus catch last week and then drops a ball in his lap on 1st and 20 which would have made it 2nd and 5? Fake punt that was not executed well. Key drops, missed throws and timely penalties are why the Jags lost.

Game is over. I expect the offense to play much better next week against a good Jets defense.

(09-24-2018, 07:53 AM)BritJag Wrote:

"envying" lmao

yeah nobody envies that L homie

[Image: Dn1LkJKWkAABY3K.jpg]