Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Scott Milanovich new play caller and Cody Kessler new starting QB

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 06:03 PM by Jagwired.)

(11-26-2018, 04:16 PM)old_man Wrote: BB5 will be happy that he wont keep taking a pounding on Sundays...at least for a game or 2

With our O-line and Kessler's inability to escape pressure and small stature BB5 will be back in by the end of the first half.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

are we really signing mcadoo?

(11-26-2018, 05:26 PM)ramseyx20 Wrote: are we really signing mcadoo?

Think TC brought him in to interview for the HC vacacy at the end of the year TC always thinking forward.

(11-26-2018, 04:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The happiest people to hear this news are the offensive linemen. They will no longer get concussions from Blake hitting them in the back of the head with the football.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
[Image: incredulous.gif]

This move was probably to maximize the most fans possible in the stadium this weekend.

Fans weren’t showing up when we were ok this year. No way they are going to show up to a 3 and 8 team.

This screams of throwing poo at the wall to see if anything sticks. With as decimated as our line is, I don't know if this big of a shakeup will yield any results. Either way, I think Doug has alibis enough to argue for another year. He can play the injury card, which is somewhat understandable, or ask to keep things going next year if the new OC and Kessler end up looking less than lost out there.

(11-26-2018, 04:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:09 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Kessler = tank job. Plain and simple.

It is kind of a genius move if you think about it. It keeps the tank job alive while at the same time making fans think they actually give a crap about winning.

Well, we're not going to win more with Kessler than with Bortles.  I just hate it for Blake.  The dude is tough and a stand up guy.  I really like him.  But as others have said in the threads today, he's like a shot fighter.  He's been ruined by his coaching and his circumstances.  And he didn't have a high ceiling.  He needed to be able to maximize every bit of talent he has.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 06:08 PM by I am Yoda.)

(11-26-2018, 04:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The happiest people to hear this news are the offensive linemen. They will no longer get concussions from Blake hitting them in the back of the head with the football.

And maybe with a different play caller, LF won't be running up their rectums.

(11-26-2018, 05:13 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: Someone not good at reading the Tea Leaves...

Nonetheless, I haven't been this happy since they cut Flabwich.

You forgot about Sunshine Gabbert?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(11-26-2018, 04:45 PM)Mowerguy Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:38 PM)newporttom Wrote: With the McAdoo sighting (assuming it's legit) , does it seem significant that Milanovich was named "play caller" and not OC?

That could be "interesting"....first OC...then HC?

Please God no

(11-26-2018, 05:16 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I'm curious to see Kessler coupled with our new found run game. He's certainly more accurate than Bortles and should be able to take advantage of it much better than Blake. At one point yesterday, we had 205 yards rushing and were losing. One wouldn't think that to be possible, but Bortles always seems eager to surprise.

Norwell is on ir. New found run game will be on hold for 2018. Kessler's life is going to be in jeopardy this Sunday lol.

They would keep Blake in for the rest of the season if we were tanking for a QB. Haskins is not the path we need to take. It's Tua in 2020.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Damn, how quickly things can change in a year. I thought for sure Bortles would be the long term answer after last year, and that we were finally out of the dumps. Now, it seems like deja vu. We're right back to sucking. The ups and downs that this team gives you...

(11-26-2018, 05:22 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 04:16 PM)old_man Wrote: BB5 will be happy that he wont keep taking a pounding on Sundays...at least for a game or 2

With our O-line and Kessler's inability to escape pressure and small stature BB5 will be back in by the end of the first half.

I know then all the other posters will be crying.....he could do better with WRs, TEs, and an Oline
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

WOW

Hackett had two hands tied behind his back. A devastated OL, #1 and #2 TE lost, #1 WR out in the preseason, #1 RB hurt for 7 games, 3rd down change of pace back on IR, and a QB broken beyond repair.
He's a scapegoat. This season was determined by the FO's decision to extend #5, injuries or no injuries. This is on Coughlin.

(11-26-2018, 06:57 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 05:16 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I'm curious to see Kessler coupled with our new found run game. He's certainly more accurate than Bortles and should be able to take advantage of it much better than Blake. At one point yesterday, we had 205 yards rushing and were losing. One wouldn't think that to be possible, but Bortles always seems eager to surprise.

Norwell is on ir. New found run game will be on hold for 2018. Kessler's life is going to be in jeopardy this Sunday lol.

If you believe the new found run game rested solely on the shoulders of Norwell, then okay. But it didn't, so.....

Cant wait until Bortles is back in the game after Kessler gets killed behind our Oline.

Then there will be utter chaos....

(11-26-2018, 08:12 PM)old_man Wrote:

Cant wait until Bortles is back in the game after Kessler gets killed behind our Oline.

Then there will be utter chaos....
No Fournette this week should be fun.

Also, you realize that Blake was terrible in the pocket right? A QB can help their OLine by getting the ball out quickly and reading a defense quickly.... Two thing Blake can’t do and has never been able to do.

With Kessler, you can actually run WR screens.

Blake just landed the best gig in the NFL - career backup.
Now he can ride the pine and be everyone's favorite player again.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2018, 08:26 PM by old_man.)

Kessler will have the same time in the collapsing pocket as Bortles did, but he will not be able to escape like Bortles.....

We could have ran screens with Bortles as well if the play was actually called. It was called yesterday and was almost a TD, except for Cole's hold penalty.

(11-26-2018, 08:24 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Blake just landed the best gig in the NFL - career backup.
Now he can ride the pine and be everyone's favorite player again.

hehe