Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GoFundMe - Trump's Wall

(01-19-2019, 06:08 PM)DragonFury Wrote: This entire GoFundMe thing has given me a brilliant idea: instead of funding the wall with everyone's money why don't you guys just approve a budget without the $5.4 billion they say they need and have a quick referendum on funding the wall later. Everyone gets send a nice little card that says "I would like to help fund the construction and maintenance of the border wall between the USA and Mexico", with a simple yes or no answer and you get two months to fill it in and send it back. Then, after two months are up, you tally up how much people voted yes, divide the costs evenly, and add it to the tax bill of those people. The wall gets built, and only the people who support it have to pay for it. Heck, I'll even consider people who abstain as a yes vote, just to help pad the numbers.

I'm pretty sure that's not how the tax code works. I'm very sure that's not how affirmative consent works.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-19-2019, 06:50 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 06:08 PM)DragonFury Wrote: This entire GoFundMe thing has given me a brilliant idea: instead of funding the wall with everyone's money why don't you guys just approve a budget without the $5.4 billion they say they need and have a quick referendum on funding the wall later. Everyone gets send a nice little card that says "I would like to help fund the construction and maintenance of the border wall between the USA and Mexico", with a simple yes or no answer and you get two months to fill it in and send it back. Then, after two months are up, you tally up how much people voted yes, divide the costs evenly, and add it to the tax bill of those people. The wall gets built, and only the people who support it have to pay for it. Heck, I'll even consider people who abstain as a yes vote, just to help pad the numbers.

I'm pretty sure that's not how the tax code works. I'm very sure that's not how affirmative consent works.

You have to excuse him. He isn't even an American.

TDS has moved across the pond through a monkey host.

(01-19-2019, 06:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 06:50 PM)TJBender Wrote: I'm pretty sure that's not how the tax code works. I'm very sure that's not how affirmative consent works.

He isn't even an American.

Isn't that just the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this board?

There has been an idea floated recently kind of along the lines above. Pass a spending bill minus the wall money and then it gets financed with bonds. Similar to how WW2 was funded with war bonds. While it still gets paid for by the tax payer, it looks shiny on the surface and delays and spreads out the debt.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I’m OK with this so long as we do the same thing with government assistance.

(01-20-2019, 02:49 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

I’m OK with this so long as we do the same thing with government assistance.

Beat me to it...

(01-19-2019, 07:45 PM)B2hibry Wrote: There has been an idea floated recently kind of along the lines above. Pass a spending bill minus the wall money and then it gets financed with bonds. Similar to how WW2 was funded with war bonds. While it still gets paid for by the tax payer, it looks shiny on the surface and delays and spreads out the debt.

No way I support that. He said Mexico would pay for the wall, so either Mexico should pay for it, Trump should pay for it himself or it doesn't get built.

(01-20-2019, 09:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 07:45 PM)B2hibry Wrote: There has been an idea floated recently kind of along the lines above. Pass a spending bill minus the wall money and then it gets financed with bonds. Similar to how WW2 was funded with war bonds. While it still gets paid for by the tax payer, it looks shiny on the surface and delays and spreads out the debt.

No way I support that. He said Mexico would pay for the wall, so either Mexico should pay for it, Trump should pay for it himself or it doesn't get built.

And what acceptable payment method would get you guys to shutup about Mexico and actually cooperate to address OUR border security?

(01-20-2019, 09:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

People's lack of understanding how fixing trade imbalance trickles into multiple areas of economics is somewhat astounding to me. Then again, it's not.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 03:58 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(01-17-2019, 04:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 01:32 PM)mikesez Wrote: Your post came across as whiny.  I called it out as such.
I don't know who liked him before he threw his hat in the ring.  And I don't care.  After you asked, I tried to find a little info, but it turns out they don't frequently do public opinion polls on people who aren't running for office.  If I had the info I'd pass it on, because you asked and I'm a courteous person.  But I don't care about that and I don't think most people do.

Ah, so you admit that you just posted uninformed drivel. Good, good...we're making progress on the real you.

(01-17-2019, 04:42 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Haha, the GOP is failing with this one size fits all approach on immigration reform. They can’t even present effectively through valid research how building this wall will end illegal crossings and the flow of weapons and drugs.

That you need "valid research" to understand how a wall works tells us all we need to know.

Nah Illegal weapons and drugs come through legal ports of entry via container ships.

So it’s ironic trump turned down billions of dollars proposed by the Dems for Border security for his little 5 billion for the wall he ain’t getting.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Question for any federal workers, how long are you all willing to be “great patriots” and work for free?

Ya know trump has a history of not paying people.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(01-21-2019, 04:02 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Question for any federal workers, how long are you all willing to be “great patriots” and work for free?

Ball is in Chuck and Nancy's court and has been for weeks.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 04:35 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-20-2019, 10:27 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 09:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No way I support that. He said Mexico would pay for the wall, so either Mexico should pay for it, Trump should pay for it himself or it doesn't get built.

And what acceptable payment method would get you guys to shutup about Mexico and actually cooperate to address OUR border security?

Like I said, either Mexico pays for it or Trump pays for it out of his own pocket. We don't need a wall. It would be a waste. Right now, we have parts of a barrier and people are just tunneling underneath of it. They'd do the same with a "slatted barrier" that Trump proposed. We need more funding for border patrol, drones and we could move some military bases to the actual border, so it is patrolled more thoroughly. That would be much better options than a ridiculous looking "slatted barrier."

(01-21-2019, 04:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 04:02 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Question for any federal workers, how long are you all willing to be “great patriots” and work for free?

No. Trump has the ability to end this shutdown at any time and he refuses. He shutdown the government on his own and he alone can open it back up.

(01-21-2019, 04:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

And they will negotiate when the government is reopened. They are not going for the bait and switch. 

Plus Trump had a 20 billion dollar deal for border security on the table and he didn’t take it.

(01-21-2019, 04:43 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 04:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ball is in Chuck and Nancy's court and has been for weeks.

And they will negotiate when the government is reopened. They are not going for the bait and switch. 

Plus Trump had a 20 billion dollar deal for border security on the table and he didn’t take it.

Well then, I suggest the federal workers you seem to care so much about start looking for new jobs.

(01-21-2019, 04:43 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 04:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ball is in Chuck and Nancy's court and has been for weeks.

Actually it was $25 Billion and guess who pulled the ol' bait and switch? Chuck Schumer. So no, Trump won't reopen so the Chuck and Nancy circus can renege again.

(01-21-2019, 04:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 10:27 AM)B2hibry Wrote: And what acceptable payment method would get you guys to shutup about Mexico and actually cooperate to address OUR border security?

Like I said, either Mexico pays for it or Trump pays for it out of his own pocket. We don't need a wall. It would be a waste. Right now, we have parts of a barrier and people are just tunneling underneath of it. They'd do the same with a "slatted barrier" that Trump proposed. We need more funding for border patrol, drones and we could move some military bases to the actual border, so it is patrolled more thoroughly. That would be much better options than a ridiculous looking "slatted barrier."

No. Trump has the ability to end this shutdown at any time and he refuses. He shutdown the government on his own and he alone can open it back up.
And I'll ask again...in what form of payment is acceptable for you? How do you want Mexico to pay?

Border patrol and drones are in place already. In fact, the last spending bill included funding for over 3000 new Border Patrol officer (I guess Nancy forgot that already happened). In fact, there is an investigation going on because the contractor that was suppose to find 3000+ qualified individuals found less than 100 in the time alloted. Once again for the slow people in the back, no single effort is the answer and you must have a multilayered approach. This means manpower, technology, and a barrier. Want to know the first thing the military would do if they must be involved further? Build a barrier!!! That is the first thing we do when setting up a bare base. Multilayered perimeter security that involves sensors, barriers, patrols, and overflights. Below are just a few of the UAVs along southern border and northern Border operated by the Air Force and contractors.

[Image: border-patrol-drones.jpg?fit=640%2C427&ssl=1][Image: 2UYM4I5DTFGATLQBHHMSKGL5NY]

My guess is until they quit. This isn't the first nor the last time it will happen.

And you know Congress is responsible for fundng the government right? Perhaps they should have passed a Continuing Resolution or put together a bill that both House and Senate would approve to send to the President. If POTUS vetos, then hold a vote to override. Hard to blame Trump when you can't even get past the House!

(01-21-2019, 04:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 10:27 AM)B2hibry Wrote: And what acceptable payment method would get you guys to shutup about Mexico and actually cooperate to address OUR border security?

Tunnels take days, or even weeks to create, and seconds to destroy. That's not a realistic criticism. A drone camera would discover a tunnel being dug long before it was completed.

And both Trump and Chuck/Nancy have the ability to end the shutdown. It's not as if the Dems have ever shown a concern for wasteful spending, (nor the Pubs for that matter). The only reason that the government is shut down is because Chuck and Nancy are putting their hatred of Trump ahead of both the (mostly Democrat) federal workers and the defense of the border.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

If we can't have a wall ... Let's dig a moat without water, and fill it with Zombies.