Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles

Great news for the Jags

https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/1...0312416260

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-28-2019, 09:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 09:34 PM)JackCity Wrote: But if he said naw 4 years 25 each or I'm gonzo , you'd bite the bullet?

Depends on the guaranteed money

50 million guaranteed, so less than Stafford.

(01-28-2019, 09:49 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 09:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Depends on the guaranteed money

50 million guaranteed, so less than Stafford.

I would def. do that

(01-28-2019, 09:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 09:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: 50 million guaranteed, so less than Stafford.

I would def. do that

Probably close to a nightmare scenario for me. I don't know why anyone would give that to Foles

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 10:16 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-28-2019, 10:00 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 09:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I would def. do that

Probably close to a nightmare scenario for me. I don't know why anyone would give that to Foles

But you would trade future 1sts for Haskins?  That is my nightmare scenario.  I think trading the farm for Haskins or anyone in this draft could possibly be the end for the Jags in Jacksonville

You wouldnt do that for Foles but you was ok last year with giving Cousins an insane contract.   Id take Foles over Cousins

(01-28-2019, 09:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Great news for the Jags

https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/1...0312416260
That was always going to happen. The issue could be the bidding war. The Jags can't pay the most and overpaying will hurt the team even more.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2019, 01:08 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I wouldn't either. That would put us in cap Hell and I'm not confident that Foles would make this team much better. We'd have to cut half the team to fit him under the cap, on top of what we already have to do to get under the cap without him. If we can't get Haskins, I'd much rather take a flyer on Fitzpatrick or Flacco (depending on the cost) and draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round, so we aren't pigeon holed in the 2020. If we miss out on Haskins, I still wanna have the ability to spend a first round pick on a QB in 2020. I don't see Foles as a long term solution in any scenario.

(01-28-2019, 10:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 10:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: Probably close to a nightmare scenario for me. I don't know why anyone would give that to Foles

But you would trade future 1sts for Haskins?  That is my nightmare scenario.  I think trading the farm for Haskins or anyone in this draft could possibly be the end for the Jags in Jacksonville

(01-28-2019, 10:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: Probably close to a nightmare scenario for me. I don't know why anyone would give that to Foles

You wouldnt do that for Foles but you was ok last year with giving Cousins an insane contract.   Id take Foles over Cousins

Yeah the Jags landing their franchise QB would definitely be the end of them in Jacksonville...that's a thing that will happen.  

Yeah Cousins is a better QB than Foles

(01-29-2019, 06:02 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 10:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: But you would trade future 1sts for Haskins?  That is my nightmare scenario.  I think trading the farm for Haskins or anyone in this draft could possibly be the end for the Jags in Jacksonville

Yeah the Jags landing their franchise QB would definitely be the end of them in Jacksonville...that's a thing that will happen.  

There are are a lot of question Mark's with Haskins and his sample size is to small to trade the farm.  The only way I would ever do that is if the guy is an elite QB prospect like Luck or Lawrence.  I think the 2nd round would be good value for Haskins but I definitely would trade up for him.  I like Lock and Grier a good bit but I wouldnt wven trade up for neither of them either.

Foles is not worth that kind of money.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-29-2019, 08:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 06:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah the Jags landing their franchise QB would definitely be the end of them in Jacksonville...that's a thing that will happen.  

There are are a lot of question Mark's with Haskins and his sample size is to small to trade the farm.  The only way I would ever do that is if the guy is an elite QB prospect like Luck or Lawrence.  I think the 2nd round would be good value for Haskins but I definitely would trade up for him.  I like Lock and Grier a good bit but I wouldnt wven trade up for neither of them either.

Don't agree that there's a lot of question marks. Ideally you'd rather him play another season or two but it's pretty clear he has NFL traits already.  

As long as they're a franchise QB caliber of player and you don't have one they're worth the trade up. They don't necessarily have to be a god tier QB prospect. Almost every good QB is drafted via trade up of late.

(01-29-2019, 08:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 06:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah the Jags landing their franchise QB would definitely be the end of them in Jacksonville...that's a thing that will happen.  

2nd round is good value for Haskins? That would be an absolute steal and there’s no way that’s happening.

I think the top 3 will stay the same with teams staying put and then the Raiders trade down with the Jags. Not giving up the farm but the Jags walk away with their franchise QB on a rookie contract. Allowing them to bolster the roster around him.

I feel like if we can get Foles, we could also get the top WR n the draft and possibly the best TE in the draft. We could give Foles even better weapons than he had in Philly, as long as we can stay somewhat healthy. I dont see our defense going anywhere, especially if Bryan and Harrison improved from last year. Foles is one of the most clutch QBs in the league. Just cant wait for FA to get here

Personally I see positives both from going with the Foles option or with the Haskins option.
Very different strategies but if pursued correctly both could pay immediate dividends. At the same time both strategies have a great risk that comes with it and would be easy to mess up one way or another.

Im good with going after Foles. But I think we still need to draft a qb as well.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(01-28-2019, 08:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Foles is by far our best option.   I just hope we can get him without giving up draft picks

QB SB MVP's doesnt grow on trees.  Man I hope Tom can some how pull this off

I'm tending to agree with this, and it is so depressing. I have very little faith that Foles is the answer.

Why can't we have nice things?

You're dreaming if you think that Foles is going to have the same kind of success here.  I'd rather some other team overpay for him.

I think the Jags lack of QB success has warped the fans heads

(01-29-2019, 11:01 AM)JackCity Wrote: I think the Jags lack of QB success has warped the fans heads

No, I just don't think Foles is all that good and he goes to another team...whether it be the Jaguars or another...you're not going to see even close to the same production.

(01-29-2019, 10:13 AM)Rico Wrote: You're dreaming if you think that Foles is going to have the same kind of success here.  I'd rather some other team overpay for him.
100% agree. Let some other team try to duplicate his success in Philly. That usually doesn’t work out.

If some are so on board with Foles, why not Flacco? He had a better SB run than Foles did. He’s a SB winner too.

Foles played pretty poorly against NO as well.