Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kyler Murray

(03-01-2019, 10:47 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 10:46 AM)Dimson Wrote: Because if the Giants take Haskins, I would like Murray to be available for us to pick. I don't see anyone other than the Giants going QB in Rd 1 besides the Giants if Arizona passes on Murray.

Broncos/Washington/Phins all will be going for a QB depending on who's there. Broncos love Lock
I am talking about the teams picking ahead of us. Barring trades of course.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-01-2019, 10:46 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 09:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: How is it bad for the Jags? All it does is push Haskins closer to the Jags. I always believed the Jags best trade partner would be the Raiders anyway.

If they take Murray at 1, first round looks like:

1. Ari- Murray
2. SF-Bosa
3. NYJ- Allen
4. Oak (poss trade but if not)- Williams
5. TB (another possible trade)- Sweat
6. NYG- Who knows
7. Haskins
Because if the Giants take Haskins, I would like Murray to be available for us to pick. I don't see anyone other than the Giants going QB in Rd 1 besides the Giants if Arizona passes on Murray.
I don't want the Giants to take Haskins either but I don't think Murray going #1 effects the Jags because I believe they were going to need to trade up regardless.

(03-01-2019, 11:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 10:46 AM)Dimson Wrote: Because if the Giants take Haskins, I would like Murray to be available for us to pick. I don't see anyone other than the Giants going QB in Rd 1 besides the Giants if Arizona passes on Murray.
I don't want the Giants to take Haskins either but I don't think Murray going #1 effects the Jags because I believe they were going to need to trade up regardless.

You don't think Murray or Haskins falls to us at 7?

(03-01-2019, 11:19 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 11:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don't want the Giants to take Haskins either but I don't think Murray going #1 effects the Jags because I believe they were going to need to trade up regardless.

You don't think Murray or Haskins falls to us at 7?
No. I don't.

I think someone is trading into the top 5 (hopefully it's the Jags) and I think the Giants take one as well.

Hope we do whatever it takes to grab Murray.

(03-01-2019, 11:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 11:19 AM)Dimson Wrote: You don't think Murray or Haskins falls to us at 7?
No. I don't.

I think someone is trading into the top 5 (hopefully it's the Jags) and I think the Giants take one as well.

From what I have been hearing from Giants fans is that the Giants' front office is dead set on sticking to Eli for at least one more year and if they go for a QB, they will wait until 2020.

(03-01-2019, 12:01 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 11:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: No. I don't.

From what I have been hearing from Giants fans is that the Giants' front office is dead set on sticking to Eli for at least one more year and if they go for a QB, they will wait until 2020.
I also heard “The Kansas City model worked really well,” Gettleman said, via NJ.com. “You can cite a number of models where they had a veteran guy and they drafted a young guy. At some point in time, the torch got passed and away everyone went. And it was a happy away, everyone went."

This to me sounds like he is ready to draft a QB this year and move on from Eli next season.

(03-01-2019, 12:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 12:01 PM)Dimson Wrote: From what I have been hearing from Giants fans is that the Giants' front office is dead set on sticking to Eli for at least one more year and if they go for a QB, they will wait until 2020.
I also heard “The Kansas City model worked really well,” Gettleman said, via NJ.com. “You can cite a number of models where they had a veteran guy and they drafted a young guy. At some point in time, the torch got passed and away everyone went. And it was a happy away, everyone went."

This to me sounds like he is ready to draft a QB this year and move on from Eli next season.
Well I guess we will find out come draft day, lol.

(03-01-2019, 12:48 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 12:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I also heard “The Kansas City model worked really well,” Gettleman said, via NJ.com. “You can cite a number of models where they had a veteran guy and they drafted a young guy. At some point in time, the torch got passed and away everyone went. And it was a happy away, everyone went."

Well I guess we will find out come draft day, lol.
Absolutely. I think we will also get a better picture once FA starts as well. If the Jags go with Foles, I think it says they're in "win now" mode and they'll draft someone else in round 1.

(03-01-2019, 12:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 12:48 PM)Dimson Wrote: Well I guess we will find out come draft day, lol.
Absolutely. I think we will also get a better picture once FA starts as well. If the Jags go with Foles, I think it says they're in "win now" mode and they'll draft someone else in round 1.

Now that I can completely agree with. If we go with Foles, I can't see us going QB in round 1.

Murray just said he wasn't going to run or do anything at the combine... Said it right after he said he's a huge competitor LOL...

Pathetic. I knew he wasn't going to run or do anything because he ballooned up with bad bulk to weigh in higher.

(03-01-2019, 05:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Murray just said he wasn't going to run or do anything at the combine... Said it right after he said he's a huge competitor LOL...

Pathetic. I knew he wasn't going to run or do anything because he ballooned up with bad bulk to weigh in higher.

His agent probably advised him to wait until his Pro day in order to throw and run.

I don't think Murray is a natural speaker, especially compared to Haskins interview earlier today. You can tell he is uncomfortable being on the podium and answering some of the press' questions. I'm sure he prepared for these questions, but he stumbles over words.

I get that is a bit nitpicking and and really has no impact on how he will be on the field. But everyone is assuming he will be the next superstar in the league, from marketing and promotional stuff, it will take some time for him to get there.

(03-01-2019, 05:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Murray just said he wasn't going to run or do anything at the combine... Said it right after he said he's a huge competitor LOL...

Yeah, I was discouraged that he wouldn't throw, especially. I like guys who are ok with getting out of their comfort zone, not relying on pro day for all their demos. First thing I'd do at pro day is have him jump on a scale, though.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 05:30 PM by Eric1.)

(03-01-2019, 05:14 PM)Dimson Wrote:

His agent probably advised him to wait until his Pro day in order to throw and run.

Yea he said him and his team decided to wait until the Pro day, but that's a [BLEEP] cop-out.

If you aren't injured (and he said he wasn't) there's no reason not to go put on a show and show off your abilities, unless you have something you're worried about.

Either that, or the Cards have already told him they're taking him #1 and he knows he doesn't have to do anything else.

(03-01-2019, 05:21 PM)Mikey Wrote:

Yeah, I was discouraged that he wouldn't throw, especially. I like guys who are ok with getting out of their comfort zone, not relying on pro day for all their demos. First thing I'd do at pro day is have him jump on a scale, though.

Exactly, which is just another reason why this team has to do whatever it takes to get Haskins. Dude has full confidence in his abilities and isn't afraid to put them on display. Loved seeing this quote below.

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...1089557505

Yes I'm sure Murray is very worried about throwing against air...

The reality is it doesn't move anyone up or down. Serves very little purpose other than you get to avoid the questions about it

It's probably more of Murray hasn't had much practice throwing an NFL football, especially since he took a while for him to make his decision to go to the combine. Given that and him trying to gain weight, there was never a question in my mind that he would skip the drills/throwing at the combine.

(03-01-2019, 05:55 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: It's probably more of Murray hasn't had much practice throwing an NFL football, especially since he took a while for him to make his decision to go to the combine. Given that and him trying to gain weight, there was never a question in my mind that he would skip the drills/throwing at the combine.

He's been training for the combine for a good while now

(03-01-2019, 06:13 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 05:55 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: It's probably more of Murray hasn't had much practice throwing an NFL football, especially since he took a while for him to make his decision to go to the combine. Given that and him trying to gain weight, there was never a question in my mind that he would skip the drills/throwing at the combine.

He's been training for the combine for a good while now

Is 3 weeks long enough to learn how to throw an entirely different football?

Unless you are saying he already knew he was choosing football since the Bama game, but was just not releasing that info. That might be the case, but he has not come across as someone who could pull that sleight of hand in any interview, especially that Dan Patrick interview.

(03-01-2019, 06:26 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 06:13 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's been training for the combine for a good while now

Is 3 weeks long enough to learn how to throw an entirely different football?

Unless you are saying he already knew he was choosing football since the Bama game, but was just not releasing that info. That might be the case, but he has not come across as someone who could pull that sleight of hand in any interview, especially that Dan Patrick interview.

He'll have already thrown an NFL ball a ton.

According to reports he's been training in Texas for a good while. These guys do massive amounts of pre draft training