Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles, Done deal

(03-03-2020, 04:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 04:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Naw, I still think Foles can be much better than what he showed. On top of losing their child and out for half of the season during to injury, I definitely thought the oline would be better than the 28th best unit.  The oline is what I was wrong on.   Almost every QB would of failed behind that oline and TE group.
*Have

Minshew went 6-6. Foles was bad dude. Flat out.

He also got our rookie TE injured before we ever had a chance to see what he had.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 05:14 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-03-2020, 04:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 04:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: FTFY.

Naw, I still think Foles can be much better than what he showed. On top of losing their child and out for half of the season during to injury, I definitely thought the oline would be better than the 28th best unit.  The oline is what I was wrong on.   Almost every QB would of failed behind that oline and TE group.

The offensive line was always leaky at best in pass protection. All the more reason why they shouldn't have signed Foles. Foles went from having Jason Peters, Lane Johnson and Jason Kelce blocking up front for him to this patchwork job Caldwell put together and Marrone failed to develop properly. 

Bortles was able to mask a lot of that inconsistency by running for his [BLEEP] life at times. We saw Minshew essentially do the same thing. Then you factor in that Foles went from having Doug Pederson's play calling with guys like Ertz and Goedert to keep the wolves at bay at the TE position by working the middle of the field to Marrone's philosophy trying to work Flip's. 

It was a match made in hell to begin with. A lot of us saw that [BLEEP] a mile away. I don't blame Foles. I blame the front office for [BLEEP] up their evaluations as usual. Caldwell's best draft class is now essentially his biggest tease. Ramsey gone with the hopes of getting two starters in return at his level. Jack overpaid now to play out of position. And Ngakoue pretty much publicly stating he wants the hell out of here. 

It's a [BLEEP] show. With Bouye now being shipped off to the Broncos for a 4th RD pick it honestly feels like Caldwell is gutting this team again like he did when he got here in 2013. Must be his parting gift after this [BLEEP] show ends in 2020. Hate to be a buzzkill but it really feels like this season is over already.

I have ZERO faith in Caldwell making the right picks this year. And shame on Khan for not cleaning this [BLEEP] up right after Coughlin.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 05:58 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-03-2020, 05:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 04:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Naw, I still think Foles can be much better than what he showed. On top of losing their child and out for half of the season during to injury, I definitely thought the oline would be better than the 28th best unit.  The oline is what I was wrong on.   Almost every QB would of failed behind that oline and TE group.

The offensive line was always leaky at best in pass protection. All the more reason why they shouldn't have signed Foles. Foles went from having Jason Peters, Lane Johnson and Jason Kelce blocking up front for him to this patchwork job Caldwell put together and Marrone failed to develop properly. 

Bortles was able to mask a lot of that inconsistency by running for his [BLEEP] life at times. We saw Minshew essentially do the same thing. Then you factor in that Foles went from having Doug Pederson's play calling with guys like Ertz and Goedert to keep the wolves at bay at the TE position by working the middle of the field to Marrone's philosophy trying to work Flip's. 

It was a match made in hell to begin with. A lot of us saw that [BLEEP] a mile away. I don't blame Foles. I blame the front office for [BLEEP] up their evaluations as usual. Caldwell's best draft class is now essentially his biggest tease. Ramsey gone with the hopes of getting two starters in return at his level. Jack overpaid now to play out of position. And Ngakoue pretty much publicly stating he wants the hell out of here. 

It's a [BLEEP] show. With Bouye now being shipped off to the Broncos for a 4th RD pick it honestly feels like Caldwell is gutting this team again like he did when he got here in 2013. Must be his parting gift after this [BLEEP] show ends in 2020. Hate to be a buzzkill but it really feels like this season is over already.

I have ZERO faith in Caldwell making the right picks this year. And shame on Khan for not cleaning this [BLEEP] up right after Coughlin.
I do think Jawaan Taylor will be a stud.  Gonna see what we do in FA and the draft.  I could see is going after a Byron Jones or Chris Harris to give us our number 1 corner

(03-03-2020, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 05:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The offensive line was always leaky at best in pass protection. All the more reason why they shouldn't have signed Foles. Foles went from having Jason Peters, Lane Johnson and Jason Kelce blocking up front for him to this patchwork job Caldwell put together and Marrone failed to develop properly. 

I do think Jawaan Taylor will be a stud.  Gonna see what we do in FA and the draft.  I could see is going after a Byron Jones or Chris Harris to give us our number 1 corner
Hahaha

“Come on down to Jacksonville Byron. You will love it!”

No chance they sign a high priced free agent. No chance.

(03-03-2020, 07:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I do think Jawaan Taylor will be a stud.  Gonna see what we do in FA and the draft.  I could see is going after a Byron Jones or Chris Harris to give us our number 1 corner
Hahaha

They have been saying that for years.  We have won 3 out of the last 4 off seasons.

(03-03-2020, 07:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 07:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahaha

They have been saying that for years.  We have won 3 out of the last 4 off seasons.
I can’t help you if you can’t see the difference in this upcoming season compared to the previous ones.

Also.... LOL at winning the off season. How did they win last off season again? Or the year before that?

(03-03-2020, 08:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 07:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They have been saying that for years.  We have won 3 out of the last 4 off seasons.
I can’t help you if you can’t see the difference in this upcoming season compared to the previous ones.

Also.... LOL at winning the off season. How did they win last off season again? Or the year before that?
Oh I see the difference.   Tom is gone and we have a young up and coming QB on the rise.  We are talking about players coming here.  Regardless if it worked or not that hasnt been a problem,  money talks and most players take the best offer

Wow, didn't last long in Jacksonville. I think you all made a mistake in trading him. A competent head coach can go deep into the playoffs (and win a Super Bowl) with Nick.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 04:40 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(03-18-2020, 04:33 PM)VBE Wrote: Wow, didn't last long in Jacksonville. I think you all made a mistake in trading him. A competent head coach can go deep into the playoffs (and win a Super Bowl) with Nick.

Yeah... we don't have one of those.

Tbf he did play like garbage for us... tbf again, I do think he can be a good QB but needs a good scheme and good o-line.

(03-18-2020, 04:33 PM)VBE Wrote: Wow, didn't last long in Jacksonville. I think you all made a mistake in trading him. A competent head coach can go deep into the playoffs (and win a Super Bowl) with Nick.

LOL no. The mistake was signing him in the first place...

Trading him was literally the best thing this team could have done. Foles is legit terrible.

Getting home a little bit ago and seeing this news of trading him made my day.  Banana

(03-11-2019, 07:22 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I can't say I love the move.  I'd set the over/under for starts at 9, due to Foles' age and athleticism.

Also, just a few years ago you could have had this guy for the veteran's minimum at a time we were paying a lot for Henne to back us up, and that's just terrible value.  There's a Foles out there right now, and we're not paying attention.  Regardless, go Nick and go Jags.

And somewhere, TMD's head is exploding, so that adds some value.

Holy crap, thanks for bumping the thread!

I totally called it.  I should've set the over/under at 6, and I'd still have it.  Rare win for the Rush fan!