Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Haskins is available....we should take him.

A lot of us knew that, it was a media creation. When I went around to other teams boards that drafted before us we were the only team I seen that was beating the table for Haskins.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-18-2019, 02:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A lot of us knew that, it was a media creation.  When I went around to other teams boards that drafted before us we were the only team I seen that was beating the table for Haskins.

It's almost...almost like all of those teams bar the Giants already have QBs they've commited to.  

Haskins is going in the top half of the draft, likely top 13, that's not a media creation. I'd say it's more likely someone trades up for him too

(04-18-2019, 02:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: 1. I don't think that's true at all

2. If it was that's god awful process

This is the Jags we are talking about...

(04-18-2019, 02:45 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 02:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A lot of us knew that, it was a media creation.  When I went around to other teams boards that drafted before us we were the only team I seen that was beating the table for Haskins.

It's almost...almost like all of those teams bar the Giants already have QBs they've commited to.  

Haskins is going in the top half of the draft, likely top 13, that's not a media creation. I'd say it's more likely someone trades up for him too

Hopefully it's with us and we pick up another 1st for next year. I'm not saying Haskins isn't any good, he was just overhyped on here that started by the media.  Guys on here wanted to trade the farm for him and he will most likely be there when we pick.

(04-18-2019, 03:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 02:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's almost...almost like all of those teams bar the Giants already have QBs they've commited to.  

Hopefully it's with us and we pick up another 1st for next year. I'm not saying Haskins isn't any good, he was just overhyped on here that started by the media.  Guys on here wanted to trade the farm for him and he will most likely be there when we pick.

That's why you don't trade early in the process. Back then, it looked like we'd have to trade up for him. I still believe he's gonna be a fantastic NFL QB, but we signed Foles, so Haskins is basically a non-factor for us now. Even if a team wants to trade up for him, I don't know if I would trade down anyway. I've got my heart set on Hockenson now and I think a lot of teams will be coveting him. I don't wanna miss out.

(04-18-2019, 02:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: It's almost...almost like all of those teams bar the Giants already have QBs they've commited to.  

Ehhh... I don’t know about the media thing. 

I knew who he was from the fact his school gets coverage, but I only watched a few cut ups because he was being mentioned as a potential first rounder if he declared.

I made my own mind from there. And I decided eventually he was my favorite in this class. 

I may be a QB opinion outlier  though. I still think Grier might outperform Lock and Jones if they all had similar opportunities.

In your opinion he was overhyped. 

Yeah I'd still move up for him if I was the Jaguars

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2019, 03:22 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-18-2019, 03:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 03:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hopefully it's with us and we pick up another 1st for next year. I'm not saying Haskins isn't any good, he was just overhyped on here that started by the media.  Guys on here wanted to trade the farm for him and he will most likely be there when we pick.

In your opinion he was overhyped. 

That's my point

(04-18-2019, 03:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 03:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hopefully it's with us and we pick up another 1st for next year. I'm not saying Haskins isn't any good, he was just overhyped on here that started by the media.  Guys on here wanted to trade the farm for him and he will most likely be there when we pick.

That's why you don't trade early in the process. Back then, it looked like we'd have to trade up for him. I still believe he's gonna be a fantastic NFL QB, but we signed Foles, so Haskins is basically a non-factor for us now. Even if a team wants to trade up for him, I don't know if I would trade down anyway. I've got my heart set on Hockenson now and I think a lot of teams will be coveting him. I don't wanna miss out.
Why did it look like that that then but not now?  What's changed?

Haskins is a first rounder, no matter what round he goes in.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

This is a no brainer.

If Haskins is available, you trade down.
'02

(04-18-2019, 04:47 PM)Jags02 Wrote: This is a no brainer.

Someone has to be willing to trade up for him.  I'm not gonna trade down for a ham sandwich.  Will a team be will to give next year's first or a 2nd and 4th?  If they feel like he is a franchise QB they will.  We will find out in a week

(04-18-2019, 03:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 03:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: In your opinion he was overhyped. 

That's my point

(04-18-2019, 03:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's why you don't trade early in the process. Back then, it looked like we'd have to trade up for him. I still believe he's gonna be a fantastic NFL QB, but we signed Foles, so Haskins is basically a non-factor for us now. Even if a team wants to trade up for him, I don't know if I would trade down anyway. I've got my heart set on Hockenson now and I think a lot of teams will be coveting him. I don't wanna miss out.

Other teams, (The Giants) have decided that taking an edge rusher is apparently more important than finding a QB of the future. I don't agree with it, but that's what it boils down to.

(04-18-2019, 05:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 04:47 PM)Jags02 Wrote: This is a no brainer.

Someone has to be willing to trade up for him.  I'm not gonna trade down for a ham sandwich.  Will a team be will to give next year's first or a 2nd and 4th?  If they feel like he is a franchise QB they will.  We will find out in a week

That's really my whole point. It's tough to trade down, but if Haskins actually falls to the #7, it shouldn't be so tough.
'02

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2019, 09:29 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-18-2019, 05:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 03:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's my point

Other teams, (The Giants) have decided that taking an edge rusher is apparently more important than finding a QB of the future. I don't agree with it, but that's what it boils down to.

Im sure they know a QB is more important than a edge rusher.  They might not like any of the QBs in this draft and want to draft one next year.  It could all be smoke though so another team doesnt jump them

(04-18-2019, 06:12 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 05:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Someone has to be willing to trade up for him.  I'm not gonna trade down for a ham sandwich.  Will a team be will to give next year's first or a 2nd and 4th?  If they feel like he is a franchise QB they will.  We will find out in a week

That's really my whole point. It's tough to trade down, but if Haskins actually falls to the #7, it shouldn't be so tough.

Haskins or Lock.  I know Elway loves Lock and if another team does too he could be a target there

(03-19-2019, 03:07 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: There's rumors that the Giants don't want Haskins. I find that hard to believe, but....if he is available, we should take him despite having signed Foles.  I'm as excited as anyone about Nick's arrival in Duval, but we need to plan for contingencies. What if Foles doesn't work out? Are we stuck with a bad QB for the next two years?

If we take Haskins, he can sit on the bench and learn from the starter--something Blake should have done his rookie year. If Foles doesn't work out, he can back Haskins in 2020, and then we can release him with little damage to our cap. But what if Foles exceeds our wildest expectations?  In that case, Haskins becomes trade bait. Teams will make some pretty dumb trades to get a quality QB--look at what Buffalo gave up to get Rob Johnson.

I know people want a TE or a WR. We can still get a good one in the second and third rounds.

I would not be terribly upset if the Jags draft Haskins at #7 to backup Foles for 2 reasons. For one, Haskins can learn and grow behind Foles until he's ready. For two, if Foles gets injured, who do we have for depth? Kessler?

I think most of us would love to have Haskins backup Foles, it’s just the opportunity cost

(03-21-2019, 01:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Foles just turned 30.  You act like hes close to 40. Lol.  Hes younger than Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson. Luck, Newton, and Foles are only months apart
That has nothing to do with it. 

It has everything to do with Haskins and the ability to keep the defense together while adding offensive pieces around a QB on a rookie contract. It also has to do with the fact that some of us see Haskins as an elite prospect who can really carry a team.

I'm gonna get behind Foles but I'm also going to keep an eye on Haskins to see how he does. This could be Mahomes all over again.

Could be Mahomes all over again?

(10-01-2019, 05:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 01:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: That has nothing to do with it. 

It has everything to do with Haskins and the ability to keep the defense together while adding offensive pieces around a QB on a rookie contract. It also has to do with the fact that some of us see Haskins as an elite prospect who can really carry a team.

I'm gonna get behind Foles but I'm also going to keep an eye on Haskins to see how he does. This could be Mahomes all over again.

Could be Mahomes all over again?

I think he means drafting a QB and sitting him when you already have an established QB ahead (i.e Alex Smith would be Foles, Haskins would be Mahomes)

(10-01-2019, 05:50 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 05:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Could be Mahomes all over again?

I think he means drafting a QB and sitting him when you already have an established QB ahead (i.e Alex Smith would be Foles, Haskins would be Mahomes)

I get that but to be Mahomes he would have to play like Mahomes.

(10-01-2019, 05:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 05:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think he means drafting a QB and sitting him when you already have an established QB ahead (i.e Alex Smith would be Foles, Haskins would be Mahomes)

I get that but to be Mahomes he would have to play like Mahomes.

Are you attempting some sort of victory lap because you weren't high on Haskins or something?