Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019

(05-14-2019, 01:14 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 01:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wow. Spoken like a true loser. Bravo.

So you wouldnt take millions of dollars a year to play a season in the NFL.  You at least get your signing bonus guaranteed.  I'll take 9 million and play until injury stops me from ever playing again.  I mean, maybe this is why ppl complain about Sports salaries because i think ANYone who likes said sport will step on that field asap for millions of dollars a year.  One season with a brain for non sports money making and you're set.
You're completely missing the point.

I never said I wouldn't trade places with the guy because we all know playing a sport for a job is pretty sweet. However this is about empathy for someone. You're trying to treat this guy like he's not a human being. Do athletes suffer from depression? Have they committed suicide even though they have millions and millions of dollars? Have they had their families broken up through divorce? Of course they have and there's a human side to this that people are neglecting. I don't know what I would do in Telvins situation BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON. 

And you think if you played one season of football you would be set? hahaha look up the average practice squad players salary. The majority of these guys break their bodies for 3 seasons, making 100 or 200K (before taxes) and then they sit pretty up in their mansions? No.

I am never going to complain about professional sports salaries because they are doing something only a small percentage of humans can do. Sometimes they should be paid even more. Do you know how much the NFL makes? How about how much college basketball and football make? Do you think they're getting a fair share of the profits?

Condemning this man by saying "What a loser. I would play football for that kind of money no matter what was going on in my life" is just wrong. No one knows the facts of this situation but sure are quick to make judgements.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019 - by Cleatwood - 05-14-2019, 01:28 PM
nate - by nate - 06-25-2019, 10:37 PM
Jagswag - by JagSwag - 02-11-2021, 09:10 AM