Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With Foles making all these pinpoint throws in mini-camp...

(07-03-2019, 09:30 AM)Kane Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 02:44 PM)Predator Wrote: When was Dilfer the MVP of a championship? What all time record does Dilfer hold?

If throwing 7TDs is something an average player can do, then why are the only other players in the last 50 years to accomplish this are Peyton Manning and Drew Brees?
All 3 hold the record and are Superbowl MVPs. Very average accomplishments.

Don't strain yourself moving those goal posts...
I said Dilfer was a champion.

The question here is, can average QBs accomplish "great" things. Set records. Win championships and MVPs.
I listed a few examples of all of it.
I said my list contained one or two average guys, then proved that it did.
Never did I say Manning or Brees were average.

And if I had to bet, I'd bet 7 TDs becomes a more likely feat as the game moves that way.
And I'd bet Brees could do it again and Foles likely never would.

Previously I named a Superbowl MVP who was average in Rypien.
Eli Manning won Superbowl MVP and while he was certainly spectacular in those playoffs, he was pretty average most of his career and a lot during the regular season.
Now I wouldn't exactly call Eli average... but maybe only 'above average'

We're splitting hairs here, unless you actually think Foles is some great QB or the next coming.
He's average with peaks of greatness.
But he's had seasons of awful play too. So buyer beware is all I'm saying. Everyone thinks he's the ticket to the big game... I just don't see it.
Not that we can't get there, we just won't get there, because of him.
However, unlike Bortles we won't get there, in spite of him.  coaching and bad game management in the 2nd half.  fixed.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Foles making all these pinpoint throws in mini-camp... - by JagsFansince1995 - 07-03-2019, 09:41 AM