Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Oliver out with "significant" hamstring injury

Searcy and Boselli are pretty high on Shaw. Best blocker and 2nd overall to Swaim thus far in camp in their estimation.

Also had 2 red zone TD catches in the last practice if I remember correctly. Maybe we'll get a little lucky.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 02:18 AM by JackCity.)

(08-02-2019, 07:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 06:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: NYC, I'm calling it one of the worst based on everything we know right now.  

Right. And I’m telling you that we know so little about the group right now that calling them one of the worst groups in the NFL is unwise.

Calling it one of the worst relative to other TE groups based on everything we know right now is accurate to me and I'm a big Oliver fan. I don't have a problem if others think it's a good group or just want to call it a question mark before committing either way (that's fair!)

When the likes of Swain and JOS prove they are good and productive players I'll count them as such. The same applies to the Texans Oline, the dolphins Oline etc etc. 

I would see the opposition if I was saying "The Jags TE room is awful no matter what and nothing that happens this year will change my thoughts on that" but that's not what's happening. I'm very happy with Dline and CB relative to the rest of the league.

(08-02-2019, 07:14 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 06:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: NYC, I'm calling it one of the worst based on everything we know right now.  The Texans have the worst offensive line in the division based on everything we know right now. That isn't a definitive rank of where they will be by the end of the season , it's , very specifically , based on the paper of what we know.  If their rookies hits and Matt Kalil turns randomly good and their interior plays well then suddenly they might not be a bad unit. But we don't know any of that yet, we can only judge them on the current info

I don't know why you think an analysis of our position groups current strength =s anything other than judging it based on what we know about the group currently. It's a pretty simple concept to be honest.  

I think the Dolphins have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL despite new starters on it. Most NFL fans would agree on that based on everything we know right now, if they start playing well over the weeks then we can update our views relative to how other NFL lines play. I'll be doing the same with our TE group and pretty much every other position group.

FWIW:

Quote: The Jaguars' tight ends continued their strong camps. James O'Shaughnessy brought in a 30-yard pass from Foles. Geoff Swaim made several grabs, including a touchdown in the back of the end zone from Tanner Lee. Charles Jones, who will get more reps while Josh Oliver is sidelined with a hamstring injury, caught two passes and continued to impress.

https://www.genjag.com/jacksonville-jagu...ogtsePqRpg

Yes I've been following. Hopefully it plays like an effective group in the regular season

FiRe tHe StReNtH aNd CoNdItIoNiG cOaCH !!!

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 05:12 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Hardly anything to flip over.. it's a 3rd round prospect at a weak position group. He's young let it rest for a month and re evaluate. I'm ok with Swaim/Koyack/O'Shaughnessy. Not a good group to begin with but Koyack has had production here with Bortles and Swaim was trending up in Dallas. Maybe it gives one of the other young guys a chance to emerge. It was a wide open competition to begin with anyway.
No pain, no gain.

(08-02-2019, 08:10 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...7233732609

Not good, one of the worst TE groups in the league got weaker

It seems like every preseason some of our top draft picks get banged up. Why not ease them in? Quincy was practicing nonstop with the starters and Oliver was being played like a mule. The college kids are not ready for the rigors of training camp and they're thrown into a situation where they're pressed to over exert themselves to prove their worth. If they're drafted in the top four or five rounds, they're going to make the team. SMH!
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

You have a good point. With Fowler he tore up his knee in literally his 2nd snap of practice.

But these rooks need to be eased in the rotation. Sounds like they have ran Williams in the dirt and they are trying to get the most out of the TE position, that they’ve ran Oliver in the ground before week 1.

I don’t even know what to say. It’s definitely a trend we’re kind of seeing.

It does seem like the Jags have had bad luck the last few seasons with rookies but ultimately a rookie TE who's just learning to block in the NFL isn't going to make a huge impact on the won/loss record. Ultimately Swaim and O’Shaughnessy should manage just fine especially with Foles behind center and I've heard more than one person say the staff really like how Charles Jones has been showing in camp. I guess we'll find out when the real games start.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2019, 03:38 AM by JagsorDie.)

(08-02-2019, 09:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 08:37 AM)Nikowho Wrote: Why....WHY can't this team have nice things for more than a season?!

Seriously though, this sucks.

How do we know he qualified as 'nice things'? How do we know someone else isn't going to step up, and things are just fine without him? Sheesh.

HEY, I agree with you lol... rarely happens but I'm with you on this. Haven't heard much about him since we drafted him so it's hard to be that disappointed. Hopefully he gets better, but for now it is next in line as far as I'm concerned.

We have a group of castoffs and rookies at tight end. Its perfectly acceptable to say we have one of the weakest groups. Some of ya'll drinking the teal koolaid again. Thats not a healthy drink.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

If only Goedert were available last year when the Jags were on the clock....... oh wait.

(08-02-2019, 05:59 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: It's a blow yes, he looked promising but we still have O'Shaughnessy that I have a soft spot for, hes not the greatest but he gives you 100% every play.

Sounds like the Gene Smith era.  They all lacked talent but tried very hard.  I'd rather have a playmaker.

(08-04-2019, 10:47 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 05:59 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: It's a blow yes, he looked promising but we still have O'Shaughnessy that I have a soft spot for, hes not the greatest but he gives you 100% every play.

Sounds like the Gene Smith era.  They all lacked talent but tried very hard.  I'd rather have a playmaker.

I get you. I want those kind of players as depth and areas of the team we haven't given as much cap too but yeah you dont want to be too dependent on those guys being you big play guys.

(08-04-2019, 09:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If only Goedert were available last year when the Jags were on the clock....... oh wait.

If only Bryan can live up to his potential.   Hopefully dude can be a force

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 12:06 PM by Mikey.)

(08-04-2019, 03:35 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 09:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: How do we know he qualified as 'nice things'? How do we know someone else isn't going to step up, and things are just fine without him? Sheesh.

HEY, I agree with you lol... rarely happens but I'm with you on this. Haven't heard much about him since we drafted him so it's hard to be that disappointed. Hopefully he gets better, but for now it is next in line as far as I'm concerned.

Glad to hear you're growing smarter Big Grin

(08-04-2019, 09:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If only Goedert were available last year when the Jags were on the clock....... oh wait.

So we could have TWO up and coming TE on the injured list?

I mean, #becausejaguars and all, that's what we'd have to expect right?