Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our Defense is a joke

(09-13-2019, 09:36 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 09:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hopkins had 145 yards last game.  I wouldnt consider taht cancelling each other out.

And then in others game Vs Ramsey he's had 50 yards Vs him around 3 times. So yeah they generally cancel each other out, the last game was a awful performance from Jalen.  

The reality of playing Nuk is he's going to catch the ball no matter what you do. So limiting the other playmakers is the important part of the gameplan.
Im more worried about Hopkins than the others.  If Jalen can slow him down and we just watch Fuller deep we are good.  Do they still call  Hopkins Nuk?  Haven't heard that since he was in college

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bouye will be key. He played hurt in our last game w/an hip flexer/ailment, he was hobbling. LOL @ hobbling. He's not on the injury report but it was evident last Sunday that he was lacking. Jalen vs. Hopkins will be an great battle but the game will be won in the trenches to say the least. Also if Robinson can play, Richardson needs to replace Cann, he allowed NF7 to get hurt. IJS.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-13-2019, 11:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 09:36 PM)JackCity Wrote: And then in others game Vs Ramsey he's had 50 yards Vs him around 3 times. So yeah they generally cancel each other out, the last game was a awful performance from Jalen.  

The reality of playing Nuk is he's going to catch the ball no matter what you do. So limiting the other playmakers is the important part of the gameplan.
Im more worried about Hopkins than the others.  If Jalen can slow him down and we just watch Fuller deep we are good.  Do they still call  Hopkins Nuk?  Haven't heard that since he was in college

Yeah he's widely referred to as Nuk and has been for years. 

I'm confident in Jalen being able to go toe to toe with Nuk over the course of a game and make things tough. I'm not confident in the rest of the back ends ability to stop the rest of the threats yet

Todd Wash is a joke...

(09-13-2019, 11:57 PM)NH3 Wrote: Bouye will be key. He played hurt in our last game w/an hip flexer/ailment, he was hobbling. LOL @ hobbling. He's not on the injury report but it was evident last Sunday that he was lacking. Jalen vs. Hopkins will be an great battle but the game will be won in the trenches to say the least. Also if Robinson can play, Richardson needs to replace Cann, he allowed NF7 to get hurt. IJS.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

AJ Bumye is over the hill and needs to go so we can free up some cap space

We need to Wash our hands of this defense.
No pain, no gain.

(09-14-2019, 10:20 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: We need to Wash our hands of this defense.

[Image: 200.webp?cid=790b761153c34ed27552d2e1294...d=200.webp]

(09-14-2019, 04:03 AM)waveZ666 Wrote: Todd Wash is a joke...

+1

(09-14-2019, 10:54 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 11:57 PM)NH3 Wrote: Bouye will be key. He played hurt in our last game w/an hip flexer/ailment, he was hobbling. LOL @ hobbling. He's not on the injury report but it was evident last Sunday that he was lacking. Jalen vs. Hopkins will be an great battle but the game will be won in the trenches to say the least. Also if Robinson can play, Richardson needs to replace Cann, he allowed NF7 to get hurt. IJS.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

AJ Bumye is over the hill and needs to go so we can free up some cap space

Trade him and a 1st for Minka Fitzpatrick

Todd Wash: I got a little too cute.

Didn't Todd Wash use the same quote after a game last year when our defense was torched? History repeating itself. This defense we have been building for 6 years...it was dominant... 1 year? How does Wash keep getting a hall pass?

Lol, this team sucks
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

So, what happened with Ramsey and Marrone? Just now able to watch the game.

Kudos to Wash. Defense has been really good so far

(09-15-2019, 02:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Kudos to Wash. Defense has been really good so far

Much better this week.

(09-15-2019, 02:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Kudos to Wash. Defense has been really good so far

If only our run defense had a clue, I swear they shouldn't even throw the ball they are getting 7 yards easy every first down when they run. But other than that, quite good today.

(09-15-2019, 03:05 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote:

If only our run defense had a clue, I swear they shouldn't even throw the ball they are getting 7 yards easy every first down when they run. But other than that, quite good today.

Yeah the run defense is way too soft, teams will key in on that. But I'd rather teams run the ball like that than throw for sure

(09-15-2019, 03:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 03:05 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: If only our run defense had a clue, I swear they shouldn't even throw the ball they are getting 7 yards easy every first down when they run. But other than that, quite good today.

Yeah the run defense is way too soft, teams will key in on that. But I'd rather teams run the ball like that than throw for sure
Agreed. At the end of the day they only surrendered 13 points.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The problem though is that to be an elite defensive team in the NFL now, you HAVE to create turnovers.

They haven't done that in 2 weeks. Ramsey had a gift-wrapped pick 6 and double clutched it to a drop. That cannot happen on this team. That pick would have won the game for the Jags.

This defense is middle of the pack. nothing special.

Ramsey dropped a TD today...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."