Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst Receiving Corps in League?

Minshew to Chark.. Need more!!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2019, 09:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 08:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agree, i never called him a bust but I didnt like the pick.  Its looking good.  Much more people has called Bryan a bust already and he is looking better and better each game
You called Chark “just a guy” and the guy you’re responding to said this was “one of the worst, if not the worst receiving corps in the NFL” 

But y’all go ahead and backpedal.

"But but but but I DIDN'T SAY THAT!!!!!!"

People think they're so damn smart, but we are all just watching from the outside.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I called it one of the worst receiving groups in the league too. Wanted to see Chark prove it first and for Conley to perform well.

Chark looks like a legit #1 and Conley is far better that I thought he'd be based on his play for the Chiefs.

Happy to be wrong once I can see the evidence in front me.

(09-20-2019, 11:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: I called it one of the worst receiving groups in the league too. Wanted to see Chark prove it first and for Conley to perform well.

Chark looks like a legit #1 and Conley is far better that I thought he'd be based on his play for the Chiefs.

My issue is the rush to a negative judgement, sometimes we all just gotta watch and see what happens. Good on ya for owning it!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-20-2019, 11:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: I called it one of the worst receiving groups in the league too. Wanted to see Chark prove it first and for Conley to perform well.

My issue is the rush to a negative judgement, sometimes we all just gotta watch and see what happens. Good on ya for owning it!

I guess i just want to avoid a counting your chickens before they hatch scenario. But yeah delighted it all seems to have come together for them (Keenan clearly knows what he's doing)

(09-20-2019, 11:11 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My issue is the rush to a negative judgement, sometimes we all just gotta watch and see what happens. Good on ya for owning it!

I guess i just want to avoid a counting your chickens before they hatch scenario. But yeah delighted it all seems to have come together for them (Keenan clearly knows what he's doing)

I like him as a coach too, I'm glad he's working out. Now if he can just fix Keelan Cole...

(09-20-2019, 11:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

So far we have an entire season on the negative side and 3 games on the positive side. If anyone is rushing to judgement it's the ones now. Regardless, just chill both ways IMO.

(09-20-2019, 11:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:11 AM)JackCity Wrote: I guess i just want to avoid a counting your chickens before they hatch scenario. But yeah delighted it all seems to have come together for them (Keenan clearly knows what he's doing)

I like him as a coach too, I'm glad he's working out. Now if he can just fix Keelan Cole...

The plan seems to be sound. Get a coach who played forever despite limited speed by mastering  the small details and dark arts of receiving -> give him freak athletes and let him hand down those veteran skills

(09-20-2019, 11:17 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My issue is the rush to a negative judgement, sometimes we all just gotta watch and see what happens. Good on ya for owning it!

So far we have an entire season on the negative side and 3 games on the positive side. If anyone is rushing to judgement it's the ones now. Regardless, just chill both ways IMO.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

An entire season on the negative side???? 

You mean a season with Bortles and Kessler giving Chark a combined 37 targets? 
LOL
Glad you thought you were able to figure out something from that. 

One of my biggest gripes in this debate has been “let’s see what happens when a QB is hitting these guys in the numbers” and you downplayed the [BLEEP] out of it.

No, we have an entire season where we went to the AFCCG, an entire season on the negative side decimated by injury, and three games this year. But hey, cherry pick how you like, I'ma choose to enjoy these moments.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 11:25 AM by JackCity.)

He was a raw rookie in a terrible offense and is now performing like one of the best WRs in the league so far this season. 

It's not hard to see how much better he is on a rep to rep basis. Skepticism of him coming into the year was fair, but he's pretty clearly arrived

(09-20-2019, 11:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:17 AM)Upper Wrote: So far we have an entire season on the negative side and 3 games on the positive side. If anyone is rushing to judgement it's the ones now. Regardless, just chill both ways IMO.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

LOL

One of my biggest gripes in this debate has been “let’s see what happens when a QB is hitting these guys in the numbers” and you downplayed the [BLEEP] out of it.

And it's been less than 20 targets now. I get why everyone would want to rush to confirm their biases, but let's just wait and make sure this isn't another Mike Thomas situation.

(09-20-2019, 11:30 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

LOL

And it's been less than 20 targets now. I get why everyone would want to rush to confirm their biases, but let's just wait and make sure this isn't another Mike Thomas situation.

Fine. 

My “bias” was merely thinking he stood a good chance of taking the next step in year two and looked like he had some nice ball tracking skills. 
So, I think I can go ahead and confirm that now. Thanks.

Lee was close to having a long TD last night. He was wide open with space, Minshew just barely missed him on the throw. I believe that was the Roughing the Passer call play.

I'm not sure which thread has aged better: this thread or the “is Minshew good enough to be a backup “ one
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-20-2019, 04:47 PM)I imtheblkranger Wrote: Lee was close to having a long TD last night. He was wide open with space, Minshew just barely missed him on the throw. I believe that was the Roughing the Passer call play.

15 was under pressure and had to rush the throw before Lee could break and look for the ball.

Chark keeping some pretty good company on this list.

[Image: EFOAVuhXkAEanJe?format=png&name=900x900]

(09-20-2019, 04:53 PM)knarnn Wrote: I'm not sure which thread has aged better: this thread or the “is Minshew good enough to be a backup “ one

Tough choice.
Probably the Minshew one as the posters who wanted him waived, cut, whatever after a couple of games in the preseason (complaining about Marrone -who was raving about the kid- and the FO for putting trust in him) are now the same ones that after the Texans game (not even the Titans one) have crowned him the future king if not only for Marrone and the front office who are so inept that won't trust the kid and won't trade away Foles to give him the starting job lol. Great exemples of overreacting in both threads.

(09-20-2019, 06:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 04:47 PM)I imtheblkranger Wrote: Lee was close to having a long TD last night. He was wide open with space, Minshew just barely missed him on the throw. I believe that was the Roughing the Passer call play.

15 was under pressure and had to rush the throw before Lee could break and look for the ball.

Right. Which led to us getting a RTP penalty to keep things moving at least. Even with getting pressured though the ball wasn't too far off at all

(09-25-2019, 08:18 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 06:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 15 was under pressure and had to rush the throw before Lee could break and look for the ball.

Right. Which led to us getting a RTP penalty to keep things moving at least. Even with getting pressured though the ball wasn't too far off at all

Yeah. Minshew and Lee were either not on the same page or Minshew's hurried throw was ~2 feet off. Lee had made his brek to the inside toward the seam and Minshew threw it as if he were going to break outside - two feet or so behind where it would have been "in stride."  Given the pressure that Minshew saw coming from Correa, it's not a stretch to assume the rookie made a hurried decision on the receiver's intended break and/or a poor throw.  

Would have been an amazing play had they pulled it off under that kind of pressure. Lee probably takes that one to the house.