Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peep everything.

(09-24-2019, 12:22 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 12:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I don't understand why people don't get this. It's pretty simple.

Are people not getting it?

Git wut?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They aren't getting that #21 hasn't said a peep and actually locked down his WR... Ninja
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-24-2019, 12:22 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 12:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I don't understand why people don't get this. It's pretty simple.

Are people not getting it?

Several seem to believe that the Jaguars must acquiesce to Ramsey's demand.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Jalen's beef with the front office is like 1% of the reason that I want them to be fired. They deserved to be shown the door long before these last couple of weeks.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 02:08 PM by The Real Marty.)

(09-24-2019, 01:46 PM)Upper Wrote: Jalen's beef with the front office is like 1% of the reason that I want them to be fired. They deserved to be shown the door long before these last couple of weeks.

I don't think the front office has done a bad job at all.  I think our recent drafts have been quite good.  Some players from our last 4 drafts:  

Josh Allen 
Jawaan Taylor
Josh Oliver
Quincy Williams 
Gardner Minshew
Taven Bryan 
DJ Chark
Ronnie Harrison
Will Richardson
Leon Jacobs
Logan Cooke
Leonard Fournette
Cam Robinson
Dawuane Smoot
Dede Westbrook
Jalen Ramsey
Myles Jack
Yannick Ngakoue

That's a pretty decent list of players.

(09-24-2019, 01:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 12:22 PM)Gabe Wrote: Are people not getting it?

Several seem to believe that the Jaguars must acquiesce to Ramsey's demand.

What demands has he made?
I'll play you in ping pong. 

1. The jury is still very much out on almost all of those players. Other than Yannick and Ramsey in the good and Fournette in the bad categories we can't really make judgments on any of the others yet.

2. Why not include the Joeckel, Bortles, or Fowler drafts? Caldwell is included in that, and our entire list of players left from those 3 drafts include Linder, Lee, and Cann.

(09-24-2019, 02:24 PM)Upper Wrote: 1. The jury is still very much out on almost all of those players. Other than Yannick and Ramsey in the good and Fournette in the bad categories we can't really make judgments on any of the others yet.

2. Why not include the Joeckel, Bortles, or Fowler drafts? Caldwell is included in that, and our entire list of players left from those 3 drafts include Linder, Lee, and Cann.

You also have to include ARob, who got away, in #2. 

If you compared Caldwell's drafts to most other GM's drafts, you'd probably see he does better than average. Just within the division, the only GM who's arguably doing better with the draft is the Colts' new guy, but his body of work is limited. Houston whiffs a lot, and Tennessee's last few drafts haven't been any better than Caldwell's. I think I will lay blame for Fournette and Cam Robinson (he still has a chance to be a decent 2nd round pick if he stays healthy moving forward) at Coughlin's feet. I also forgive Caldwell for Joeckel - that was a horrible draft for most everyone. Joeckel seemed to be the safe pick at the time.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

The players so badly want to turn the NFL into the NBA.. where the players hire and fire coaches and front office staff.

(09-24-2019, 02:31 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The players so badly want to turn the NFL into the NBA.. where the players hire and fire coaches and front office staff.

They sure do. It will never happen though. When only five play they have a hell of a lot of power. When you're only one of eleven starters and a total of 53? Not so much. Possibly only  elite QB's wield even close to the power of an average NBA starter.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Poop everything

(09-24-2019, 02:19 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 01:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Several seem to believe that the Jaguars must acquiesce to Ramsey's demand.

What demands has he made?

Google "Jalen Ramsey trade demand" and read any of the 10k responses.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-24-2019, 12:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 12:22 PM)Gabe Wrote: Are people not getting it?

Git wut?

You cannot let a player fire the VP of Operations. Ever.

(09-24-2019, 08:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 02:19 PM)Gabe Wrote: What demands has he made?

Google "Jalen Ramsey trade demand" and read any of the 10k responses.

Following along these past few weeks, semantics in sports journalism/sensationalism blurs what's really going on. He hasn't "demanded" anything. Formal request, sure. 

If I see a bubble without structure, I can't help but do what I can to pop it in favor of practical discourse.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 09:18 AM by The Real Marty.)

(09-25-2019, 09:09 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 08:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Google "Jalen Ramsey trade demand" and read any of the 10k responses.

Following along these past few weeks, semantics in sports journalism/sensationalism blurs what's really going on. He hasn't "demanded" anything. Formal request, sure. 

If I see a bubble without structure, I can't help but do what I can to pop it in favor of practical discourse.

There certainly is a lot of sensationalism going on.  When Ramsey called in sick Monday, all the major media assumed that he was faking, and that gave them what they always want- a chance to rant.  When it was revealed that he was actually sick, they ignored it and went on ranting.  Because they just couldn't give up on the narrative that he was faking.  He was such a juicy target at that point, they couldn't stop piling on.  It's what they love to do.  They need a villain.  Villains are such great click bait.

(09-25-2019, 09:09 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 08:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Google "Jalen Ramsey trade demand" and read any of the 10k responses.

The guy said publicly in a press conference he wants a trade because he's disrespected, "demand" works just fine.

(09-25-2019, 10:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 09:09 AM)Gabe Wrote: Following along these past few weeks, semantics in sports journalism/sensationalism blurs what's really going on. He hasn't "demanded" anything. Formal request, sure. 

The guy said publicly in a press conference he wants a trade because he's disrespected, "demand" works just fine.

Here's what he said to Burleson (not in the presser): 

“Some disrespectful things were said on their end that made me definitely walk out and call my agent as soon as I walked out,” Ramsey told Burleson. “I said, 'It's time. My time is up here in Jacksonville.' I said, 'I want to ask for a trade.'"
Ramsey asserts that his desire to leave the Jaguars lies solely with the front office and organization, adding that it has been “something that has kinda been building over a little bit of time.” 
“I love the city here. I love my teammates,” Ramsey said. “But it was more so with the front office and the organization.” Marrone's name was notably not included in the list of people attached to the Jaguars that he has a gripe with.

He hasn't demanded anything. He's requested a trade. 

Here's the more important distinction:
There are dozens of folks acting as if a shake up in the staff of the Jags would appease him. That's an assumption  -  connecting dots without good reason. 

There is no "fire this guy - and I'll stay" proposition on the table as many posters are assuming.

(09-25-2019, 10:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 09:09 AM)Gabe Wrote: Following along these past few weeks, semantics in sports journalism/sensationalism blurs what's really going on. He hasn't "demanded" anything. Formal request, sure. 

(09-25-2019, 10:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 10:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The guy said publicly in a press conference he wants a trade because he's disrespected, "demand" works just fine.

Here's what he said to Burleson (not in the presser): 

“Some disrespectful things were said on their end that made me definitely walk out and call my agent as soon as I walked out,” Ramsey told Burleson. “I said, 'It's time. My time is up here in Jacksonville.' I said, 'I want to ask for a trade.'"
Ramsey asserts that his desire to leave the Jaguars lies solely with the front office and organization, adding that it has been “something that has kinda been building over a little bit of time.” 
“I love the city here. I love my teammates,” Ramsey said. “But it was more so with the front office and the organization.” Marrone's name was notably not included in the list of people attached to the Jaguars that he has a gripe with.

He hasn't demanded anything. He's requested a trade. 

There are dozens of folks acting as if a shake up in the staff of the Jags would appease him. That's an assumption  -  connecting dots without good reason. 

There is no "fire this guy - and I'll stay" proposition on the table as many posters are assuming.

This. 

(09-25-2019, 10:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: He hasn't demanded anything. He's requested a trade. 

That's all true but I have to shake my head a little bit over what he seems to be trying to communicate. Specifically that he's mad about how Coughlin spoke to him after Ramsey's in-game reaction to Marrone during the Houston game. If he thinks he can end up someplace where a staff member will never speak harshly to him, he's probably in for a bit of a surprise. Maybe it's a generation Z thing.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

So, did we establish that peep means [BLEEP]?