Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Khan not hearing beat writer’s Jalen theories

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2019, 04:57 PM by JackCity.)

A modicum of research from Gene would have uncovered that Ramseys partner was expecting a child this week , but he had to get his takes off and has looked really foolish in doing so

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-28-2019, 04:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 01:34 PM)Jags02 Wrote: It's really not a valid question.

Whether she is or is not in labor, they'll know for sure in a matter of days. So why even question this?  It was a very stupid thing to do. Gene should come out with a formal apology if he's not already done this much.

BTW, there are pictures of his gf from late Junes where her belly is as full as I've ever seen a belly. The timing makes sense. 

I disagree.  Perhaps all of the circumstances are valid, but from the outside looking in it sure seems suspect.

It only looks suspect to people who dislike Jalen and are looking for some conspiracy...

(09-26-2019, 07:52 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Tony's response seems a little over dramatic.

Why?

Is it so difficult to believe a sports columnist could write something someone finds abhorrent?

Is it so hard to believe someone could be as passionate in defense of Ramsey as some are in vilifying him, especially when the one defending him is within the team's power structure?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2019, 07:30 PM by Jags.)

(09-28-2019, 06:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 07:52 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Tony's response seems a little over dramatic.

Why?

Is it so difficult to believe a sports columnist could write something someone finds abhorrent?

Is it so hard to believe someone could be as passionate in defense of Ramsey as some are in vilifying him, especially when the one defending him is within the team's power structure?

I don’t find Genes tweet offensive.  Given the circumstances, it was a valid question.  Is it so difficult to believe Jalen was taking time early for the baby to get away from the organization?  Though I was wrong, I questioned the timing.  And I will not feel guilty about it.  Congrats to him and all, hope baby is healthy and such.  But you really can’t get upset or question others that didn’t buy it’s validity in its fullest.

(09-28-2019, 07:29 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 06:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Why?

I don’t find Genes tweet offensive.  Given the circumstances, it was a valid question.  Is it so difficult to believe Jalen was taking time early for the baby to get away from the organization?  Though I was wrong, I questioned the timing.  And I will not feel guilty about it.  Congrats to him and all, hope baby is healthy and such.  But you really can’t get upset or question others that didn’t buy it’s validity in its fullest.

Though I am an opinionated fan that absolutely wants what is best for the team, I am somewhat detached from the situation.  Though I am more closely aligned with Ramsey then others in my position, the thought of these sudden ailments and circumstances popping up being a bit of a ruse crossed my mind.

It's reported that Shad Khan "loves" Jalen Ramsey.  It's entirely possible Tony Khan shares those sentiments.  As an owner or potential owner, Tony Khan may have more of a relationship with Ramsey than we know.  If true, he may have seen the insinuations raised by Frenette's tweet as not only a needless attack on a player, but on a friend.  Or maybe he has a strong sense of family.  Either way, he could have taken legitimate offense to Frenette's tweet.

Now might this be part of a larger organizational effort to mollify Ramsey to keep him here?

Yes.

Are there risks involved with this approach?  Yes.  

But as of now, Khan seems to think keeping Ramsey is worth whatever risks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!