Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Head Coach— How Appealing is Jax?

(10-18-2019, 07:50 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Certain posters seem really confident that Marrone and Coughlin are on the hotseat. Has the FO ever expressed this? I've never seen or felt like either will be on their way out after the season is over. MAYBE Wash...maybe, but even that feels extremely doubtful.

I think people rightly infer that based on Khan's comments that he expects a lot better this season than last season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-17-2019, 10:50 PM)JakobeSVT Wrote: With out a doubt i would want B. Leftwich.  Loved him when he played here.

You don't hire a coach based on playing days with the team. Go back and look at how Art Shell and Forrest Gregg did as coaches vs. their hall of fame careers as players.

Lefty is up and coming as a coach, but in his own best interests, I hope he finds a position anywhere else.

(10-18-2019, 12:11 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 10:50 PM)JakobeSVT Wrote: With out a doubt i would want B. Leftwich.  Loved him when he played here.

You don't hire a coach based on playing days with the team. Go back and look at how Art Shell and Forrest Gregg did as coaches vs. their hall of fame careers as players.

Lefty is up and coming as a coach, but in his own best interests, I hope he finds a position anywhere else.

He also is like JUST getting into coaching. Not quite ready for HC stuff.
Arians had him as QB coach and now OC.

And Tampa's offense isn't exactly blowing the doors off a lot of teams, so people should probably pump the brakes there.
Kellen Moore is another name I've heard people reference as a good idea for HC (not here, just in general) and I'm like... Why?

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 12:45 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(10-18-2019, 09:51 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:31 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Hopefully another 5 - 11 season and that should trigger Khan to make a move.  If no move and everyone return then staying bad/medicore is what this franchise is all about. #becausejaguars.  No wonder Jalen wanted out.

Yeah, let's hope they do bad.  

Nice 'fan'.

Yeah, it is better to keep hoping they do good so we can stay in mediocrity for 4 or 5 more years.

(10-18-2019, 09:51 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:31 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Hopefully another 5 - 11 season and that should trigger Khan to make a move.  If no move and everyone return then staying bad/medicore is what this franchise is all about. #becausejaguars.  No wonder Jalen wanted out.

Yeah, let's hope they do bad.  

Nice 'fan'.

Yeah, it is better to keep hoping they do good so we can stay in mediocrity for 4 or 5 more years.

(10-18-2019, 12:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:51 AM)Rico Wrote: Yeah, let's hope they do bad.  

Nice 'fan'.

(10-18-2019, 09:51 AM)Rico Wrote: Yeah, let's hope they do bad.  

Nice 'fan'.

Would I have expected any different from you...and twice no less.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-18-2019, 12:09 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 11:48 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: John DeFilippo
Lincoln Riley
Kris Richard (Keep DFlip as OC if possible)
Jim Harbaugh

1. I'm intrigued , but Freddie Kitchens got the Browns job because he's a QB whisperer and, well...

2. He's not leaving college. 

3. Gus 2.0

4. No.

QB whisperer?  Laughing

He was the Browns RB coach who got promoted to OC and eventual HC.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-18-2019, 01:05 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 12:45 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Yeah, it is better to keep hoping they do good so we can stay in mediocrity for 4 or 5 more years.

Would I have expected any different from you...and twice no less.

So you got nothing? what a surprise...

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 01:40 PM by RicoTx.)

(10-18-2019, 01:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 01:05 PM)Rico Wrote: Would I have expected any different from you...and twice no less.

So you got nothing? what a surprise...

Yeah, actually I do have something.

Hoping they play well will make them mediocre for 4 or 5 years.  That's some magical [BLEEP] hoping there buckaroo.

Hoping they play well and they do play well would mean they don't need to clean house.  Follow my drift?  I know it's kinda difficult.

I don't know, maybe I'm off base hoping that my home team does well.  I kinda thought that was the object of being a fan.  I guess you have some other [BLEEP] up definition.  Then again, if they do play well you'll need something else to [BLEEP] about.

Surprise!!!

(10-18-2019, 01:38 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 01:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: So you got nothing? what a surprise...

Yeah, actually I do have something.

Hoping they play well will make them mediocre for 4 or 5 years.  That's some magical [BLEEP] hoping there buckaroo.

Hoping they play well and they do play well would mean they don't need to clean house hahahahaha.  Follow my drift?  I know it's kinda difficult. I do know it is hard for people like you to figure this one out,  It's like you were never here in JDR and Bradley days lol

I don't know, maybe I'm off base hoping that my home team does well.  I kinda thought that was the object of being a fan.  I guess you have some other [BLEEP] up definition.  Then again, if they do play well you'll need something else to [BLEEP] about.

Surprise!!!

This teams gets 8 wins or more Khan will give more time to Marrone, Coughlin and Caldwell, therefore the mediocrity continues.

Look how upset you got lol

(10-18-2019, 02:11 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 01:38 PM)Rico Wrote: Yeah, actually I do have something.

Hoping they play well and they do play well would mean they don't need to clean house hahahahaha.  Follow my drift?  I know it's kinda difficult. I do know it is hard for people like you to figure this one out,  It's like you were never here in JDR and Bradley days lol

Surprise!!!

This teams gets 8 wins or more Khan will give more time to Marrone, Coughlin and Caldwell, therefore the mediocrity continues.

If the team wins 8 more games, Marrone is probably a coach-of-the-year candidate considering he lost his starting quarterback for 9 or 10 games 10 minutes into the season.  He earns more time that way.  I'm not sure it works any other way.
Of course, if you'd prefer to cheer for your team to lose so they can start the cycle all over again, don't let any of us stop you.

(10-18-2019, 02:21 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 02:11 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: This teams gets 8 wins or more Khan will give more time to Marrone, Coughlin and Caldwell, therefore the mediocrity continues.

If the team wins 8 more games, Marrone is probably a coach-of-the-year candidate considering he lost his starting quarterback for 9 or 10 games 10 minutes into the season.  He earns more time that way.  I'm not sure it works any other way.
Of course, if you'd prefer to cheer for your team to lose so they can start the cycle all over again, don't let any of us stop you.

Yeah, you wish Mrs Marrone.

You know people are dumb when they learn nothing from past experiences.

Let's extend Coughlin, Caldwell and Marrone already.

(10-18-2019, 02:11 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 01:38 PM)Rico Wrote: Yeah, actually I do have something.

Surprise!!!

Upset?  At you?  LOL.  No, just emphasizing the points that seem to be buzzing right over your head.  Can I borrow your crystal ball for a minute?  You seem to know a lot about the future.

(10-18-2019, 02:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 02:21 PM)scottyg Wrote: If the team wins 8 more games, Marrone is probably a coach-of-the-year candidate considering he lost his starting quarterback for 9 or 10 games 10 minutes into the season.  He earns more time that way.  I'm not sure it works any other way.

Yeah, you wish Mrs Marrone.

You know people are dumb when they learn nothing from past experiences.

Let's extend Coughlin, Caldwell and Marrone already.

I prefer to let the season play out.  It could be over pretty quickly, so don't lose hope.

(10-18-2019, 02:21 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 02:11 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: This teams gets 8 wins or more Khan will give more time to Marrone, Coughlin and Caldwell, therefore the mediocrity continues.

8 more wins. Doubtful. Marrone coach of the year, laughable.

Bengals - Win (giving them the benefit of the doubt)
Jets - Loss
Texans - Loss
Colts - Loss
Titans - Loss
Buccaneers - Win (giving them the benefit of the doubt)
Chargers - Loss
Raiders - Win (giving them the benefit of the doubt)
Falcons - Loss
Colts - Loss

5-11 record

<mod mode on>

Let's try to keep replies *reasonably* civil and on topic.

</mod mode off>
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-17-2019, 11:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 09:06 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Mike McCarthy might actually be a good fit, now that I see y’all mention it. Maybe some of you guys aren’t as dumb as you seem

No more re-treads.

(10-17-2019, 11:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Urban Meyer

He left football because of health issues. It was so bad, that's why he stepped down from one of the premier jobs in college football. He had job security and chances to get into the college playoffs nearly every season with the talent he had. He's not going to come back into a more stressful situation in the NFL.
He's done that more than once...... It's his "when the tough gets going" go-to move. And let's face it, #becausejaguars, the tough is always going.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Definitely don’t want McDaniels.

Skeptical about bringing in a HC from college. Are there any recent examples of success? The last one I can think of Pete Carroll, but he had pro experience before going to college.

Yeah as at least Marrone can make a wild card but it is going to be very slim chance there.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!