Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(10-25-2019, 10:10 AM)jagshype Wrote: “I’m not happy at all with the disrespect that he’s shown towards my sister, and the things he’s done in the past, but I don’t really want to go too much into it,” Tate told The Post.

Interesting. 

Mr. “Disrespect” is actually disrespectful towards women.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2019, 12:51 PM by americus 2.0.)

(10-24-2019, 11:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:55 PM)scottyg Wrote: So, if they broke up in July, was he really welcome for the birth of the newest girl?  And if he wasn't, what was he really up to when he left the team to be with his woman for the birth of their child?
Probably not required legally. I would love for the Jags to go after him for it, maybe Tate can spill the beans. Legally he probably doesn't have to actually be there to get the time off, but maybe lying about it allows them to fine him.
(10-24-2019, 10:17 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Told ya he is a bad father, worse boyfriend, and terrible human being in general.

Can you imagine spending a majority of your life raising a girl all to end up with a guy like Ramsey who makes his dancer girlfriend FB official with a 1 month old newborm?
He's scum but the fact that he didn't want to marry her, didn't mean enough to have her and his daughter live with him or even nearby so he could spend time with his daughter, etc showed all of this already. It's all about Ramsey and he doesn't care about anyone else.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Sadly this happens all the time, we just don't hear about it when it's not an athlete, entertainer, high profile person, etc. There are unwed mothers and fatherless children everywhere and it's a tragedy. Sometimes the women try to trap the guy by getting pregnant intentionally, sometimes the men say all the right words but when reality hits they leave. Regardless, the true victims are the kids. 

My dad left and divorced my mom when I was four and my sister was two. Thank God my mom was college educated and could support us because his court appointed child support was a joke. My stepdad was more of a  dad to me growing up. I love my dad but he was a crappy parent.

(10-25-2019, 10:08 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 05:14 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Golden Tate Has Words For Jalen Ramsey After Ramsey Left Tate’s Pregnant Sister And Is Now Instagram Official With A Las Vegas Dancer

Ramsey has since found a new franchise and a new woman. And that woman is not Breanna Tate, the sister of Golden and mother to Ramsey’s young daughter. The pair broke it off in late July with Breanna pregnant with their second child. What’s worse is that they then both unfollowed each other on social media (GASP!).

https://brobible.com/sports/article/gold...FiAh6dqcqQ

...so he wasn't with her for the birth of the baby a few weeks back?

PREPOSTEROUS

....gonna love it when Breanna shows up to the child support hearing in a Brinks truck.

I'm not gonna lie, that would be hilarious!

Still cant believe we robbed the Rams for 2 1sts and a 4th lol. I didnt used to be a Dave fan but him and T are looking like geniuses right now with our draft and robbing the Rams

(10-24-2019, 08:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote: How do we know this to be true, beyond his own self-serving statement?  Why do you believe it......….do you find him to be that credible?  

Don't you consider it possible that his claims were false or significantly exaggerated in an effort to excuse his own behavior? 

PS  What does "disrespected" even mean?

Based on literally every bit of reporting we've seen on the situation. 

Have you seen any reporting that said Jalen invented the story?

(10-24-2019, 02:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You are assuming a lot of dynamics here. 

First - we have no idea what Tom said to him. What constitutes being "disrespected by a boss" to me and you may be a completely different thing than it is to a borderline egomaniac like Ramsey. 
Being told what you did wrong and what you should do to correct it DOES have to be tolerated and that may have been all that was done between TC and JR for all we know.

I quite literally said we'll never know what was said. 
And if there is a constant theme of disrespect between boss and employee then smaller incidents can have more gravity,.which may  be the case here with Jalen and Tom.  

All that really matters is Tom undermined his head coach and the best player felt disrespected. Both are negative outcomes from en executive standpoint and not defensible in my view

Best player... ha

His position isn't even top 5 when it comes to importance and just from that he's not the best player.

(10-25-2019, 01:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 08:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: Based on literally every bit of reporting we've seen on the situation. 

And if there is a constant theme of disrespect between boss and employee then smaller incidents can have more gravity,.which may  be the case here with Jalen and Tom.  

All that really matters is Tom undermined his head coach and the best player felt disrespected. Both are negative outcomes from en executive standpoint and not defensible in my view

Best player... ha

His position isn't even top 5 when it comes to importance and just from that he's not the best player.
Agreed lol, a slap in the face to Campbell who has been the best player since hes been here bay a good margin.

(10-25-2019, 01:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 01:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Best player... ha

Agreed lol, a slap in the face to Campbell who has been the best player since hes been here bay a good margin.

Best player on the field and off the field as well.. Just a consummate professional. Wish we had drafted him and he played his whole career here. The only TMD draft choice pick I ever liked

We'll probably find out a lot more during the off-season about what all transpired

But right now, everything the Jags did seemed to be by the book, and from my point of view done correctly

They didn't throw Ramsey under the bus, paid him during the games he missed considering there was a "legitimate" reason for his absence on paper, and traded him as soon as there was a decent offer.

(10-24-2019, 08:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote: How do we know this to be true, beyond his own self-serving statement?  Why do you believe it......….do you find him to be that credible?  

Don't you consider it possible that his claims were false or significantly exaggerated in an effort to excuse his own behavior? 

PS  What does "disrespected" even mean?

Based on literally every bit of reporting we've seen on the situation. 

(10-24-2019, 02:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You are assuming a lot of dynamics here. 

First - we have no idea what Tom said to him. What constitutes being "disrespected by a boss" to me and you may be a completely different thing than it is to a borderline egomaniac like Ramsey. 
Being told what you did wrong and what you should do to correct it DOES have to be tolerated and that may have been all that was done between TC and JR for all we know.

You speculated what you thought happened. Then contradicted that with "we'll never know." 

Then claimed that your speculation of what might have happened caused something - and that thing is "indefensible."   Sure it's "indefensible, if it actually [BLEEP] happened! Which we don't know. 

Stop pretending you know TC and/or the F.O. in general chased off a player. 
You can't know this to be true. We don't have that information. 

It could have been TC and/or Caldwell more to blame here. It could have been the immature and emotional Ramsey at fault for being overly offended or just simply wanting out.  

Assumptions here appear unwise.  Your speculation isn't fact.

(10-25-2019, 10:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 08:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: Based on literally every bit of reporting we've seen on the situation. 

All reporting I saw stated that Jalen "felt he was disrespected". Not one article reported what was said in that room to make him feel that way. The only report we have of the attendees even was Jalen's own account, which may or may not be embellished to make him seem less of the problem than he may have been. Nothing published proved or even provided specific justification for how he felt.

How do you know Tom undermined his coach? What if Tom just asked Jalen if he had a beef with Doug, and that's all that was said? Would you rather the EVP allow players to lay hands on coaches, overstep their coaches' authority, or think that they run the show?

Plain and simple every dang thing in this story is speculation. Jalen knows what was said in that room. The other people in that room know what was said. Only one person outwardly reacted over what was said. I don't want Tom to make the private matter public. You do that, and not one FA will ever want to sign here. Jalen's feelings were hurt, and he chose how to deal with that emotion. Attempts were made to smooth the waters, but he remained steadfast. Another word might be stubborn.

Because according to both Doug and Jalen the sideline incident was a non issue.....then Coughlin went at Jalen and we saw how it ended up. 

An exec has no reason to call out players like he did in camp and has no reason to go after players when the games are over either. If you don't think that's undermining the HC I don't know what to tell you. 
Also pretty clear Marrone thought the front office should have stopped being cowardly and talked to the media about the trade (even if it's not about the incident). Nobody is asking Tom to detail the incident.  

So just to clarify.. do you put any fault on Tom in this situation?

(10-25-2019, 04:55 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 10:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: All reporting I saw stated that Jalen "felt he was disrespected". Not one article reported what was said in that room to make him feel that way. The only report we have of the attendees even was Jalen's own account, which may or may not be embellished to make him seem less of the problem than he may have been. Nothing published proved or even provided specific justification for how he felt.

How do you know Tom undermined his coach? What if Tom just asked Jalen if he had a beef with Doug, and that's all that was said? Would you rather the EVP allow players to lay hands on coaches, overstep their coaches' authority, or think that they run the show?

Plain and simple every dang thing in this story is speculation. Jalen knows what was said in that room. The other people in that room know what was said. Only one person outwardly reacted over what was said. I don't want Tom to make the private matter public. You do that, and not one FA will ever want to sign here. Jalen's feelings were hurt, and he chose how to deal with that emotion. Attempts were made to smooth the waters, but he remained steadfast. Another word might be stubborn.

Because according to both Doug and Jalen the sideline incident was a non issue.....then Coughlin went at Jalen and we saw how it ended up. 

An exec has no reason to call out players like he did in camp and has no reason to go after players when the games are over either. If you don't think that's undermining the HC I don't know what to tell you. 
Also pretty clear Marrone thought the front office should have stopped being cowardly and talked to the media about the trade (even if it's not about the incident). Nobody is asking Tom to detail the incident.  

Absolutely, TC should've suspended the quitter after the Houston incident. That he didn't enforce discipline on the brat meant that he acted out worse.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-25-2019, 10:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: All reporting I saw stated that Jalen "felt he was disrespected". Not one article reported what was said in that room to make him feel that way. The only report we have of the attendees even was Jalen's own account, which may or may not be embellished to make him seem less of the problem than he may have been. Nothing published proved or even provided specific justification for how he felt.

If he undermined the coach thats between Tom and Doug.  The VP has more than enough right to talk to a player if he wants, he is over the coach.  Just like if an owner wants to talk to a player, you dont think he has the right?  lol

I thought Ramsey said what the "disrespect" was - that Tom and/or DaveC "stood over" Ramsey during the meeting.

You don't know what reason he had for doing what he did. He hasn't said what he told Ramsey, and Ramsey, despite telling his side of it, hasn't even so much as implied what was said to him. For all we know, Coughlin could've been perfectly respectful, and Ramsey is just using this situation to gain support from teammates instead of outright demanding a trade. You seem to make a lot of assumptions about the situation, but we don't know what was said to Ramsey or if it was out-of-bounds.

(10-25-2019, 05:34 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I thought Ramsey said what the "disrespect" was - that Tom and/or DaveC "stood over" Ramsey during the meeting.

(10-25-2019, 05:55 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You don't know what reason he had for doing what he did. He hasn't said what he told Ramsey, and Ramsey, despite telling his side of it, hasn't even so much as implied what was said to him. For all we know, Coughlin could've been perfectly respectful, and Ramsey is just using this situation to gain support from teammates instead of outright demanding a trade. You seem to make a lot of assumptions about the situation, but we don't know what was said to Ramsey or if it was out-of-bounds.

The fact that Ramsey hasn't mentioned what was said shows that nothing out of bounds was said. Ramsey was fine lying about his back, but he won't mention what was said. If TC said something that wasn't good and crossed a line, Ramsey would have made it known so he would be on the right side and would have a grievance filed against the team. The fact that nothing has come out means Ramsey knows there were 3 people in the room to provide witnesses and potentially they even recorded it to shut him down.

Ramsey has no problems talking and lying about other things, so why won't he say what was said?

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2019, 10:56 PM by JackCity.)

(10-25-2019, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 04:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: Because according to both Doug and Jalen the sideline incident was a non issue.....then Coughlin went at Jalen and we saw how it ended up. 

If he undermined the coach thats between Tom and Doug.  The VP has more than enough right to talk to a player if he wants, he is over the coach.  Just like if an owner wants to talk to a player, you dont think he has the right?  lol

You're smarter than this..I think. Different jobs in an organisation have different roles. 

Just because Tom is VP doesn't give him carte blanche to do whatever he wants as it relates to the team without it negatively impacting or infringing on others jobs

(10-25-2019, 05:55 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 04:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: Because according to both Doug and Jalen the sideline incident was a non issue.....then Coughlin went at Jalen and we saw how it ended up. 

You don't know what reason he had for doing what he did. He hasn't said what he told Ramsey, and Ramsey, despite telling his side of it, hasn't even so much as implied what was said to him. For all we know, Coughlin could've been perfectly respectful, and Ramsey is just using this situation to gain support from teammates instead of outright demanding a trade. You seem to make a lot of assumptions about the situation, but we don't know what was said to Ramsey or if it was out-of-bounds.

OR perhaps both parties are at fault? As has been the case in this entire situation imo.

We already know Tom has crossed the line in public comments about players, why do you think he would be extra respectful in private? He also has a track record going back 20+ years.

(10-25-2019, 06:05 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 05:34 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I thought Ramsey said what the "disrespect" was - that Tom and/or DaveC "stood over" Ramsey during the meeting.

(10-25-2019, 05:55 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You don't know what reason he had for doing what he did. He hasn't said what he told Ramsey, and Ramsey, despite telling his side of it, hasn't even so much as implied what was said to him. For all we know, Coughlin could've been perfectly respectful, and Ramsey is just using this situation to gain support from teammates instead of outright demanding a trade. You seem to make a lot of assumptions about the situation, but we don't know what was said to Ramsey or if it was out-of-bounds.

The fact that Ramsey hasn't mentioned what was said shows that nothing out of bounds was said. Ramsey was fine lying about his back, but he won't mention what was said. If TC said something that wasn't good and crossed a line, Ramsey would have made it known so he would be on the right side and would have a grievance filed against the team. The fact that nothing has come out means Ramsey knows there were 3 people in the room to provide witnesses and potentially they even recorded it to shut him down.

Ramsey has no problems talking and lying about other things, so why won't he say what was said?

Your logic makes zero sense. If Ramsey was so set on lying why wouldn't he just make up what they said? The front office isn't gonna say anything more than they already have. 

Also he's hardly going to file a grievance while trying to get to another team, that just causes unnecessary PR for the new team and his own brand.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2019, 11:06 PM by JackCity.)

(10-25-2019, 04:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

You speculated what you thought happened. Then contradicted that with "we'll never know." 

Then claimed that your speculation of what might have happened caused something - and that thing is "indefensible."   Sure it's "indefensible, if it actually [BLEEP] happened! Which we don't know. 

It could have been TC and/or Caldwell more to blame here. It could have been the immature and emotional Ramsey at fault for being overly offended or just simply wanting out.  

It's not this difficult I promise. 

Nobody is saying they know definitively what happened, everyone is operating under what they "think" happened. 

The two things which I mentioned as "indefensible" are both things which are pretty easy to see for me i.e Marrone being undermined and Jalen "feeling disrespected" 

I've been consistent in saying both parties are to blame so I don't why you think I'm presenting a singular argument.

(10-25-2019, 10:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 06:05 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The fact that Ramsey hasn't mentioned what was said shows that nothing out of bounds was said. Ramsey was fine lying about his back, but he won't mention what was said. If TC said something that wasn't good and crossed a line, Ramsey would have made it known so he would be on the right side and would have a grievance filed against the team. The fact that nothing has come out means Ramsey knows there were 3 people in the room to provide witnesses and potentially they even recorded it to shut him down.

Your logic makes zero sense. If Ramsey was so set on lying why wouldn't he just make up what they said? The front office isn't gonna say anything more than they already have. 

Also he's hardly going to file a grievance while trying to get to another team, that just causes unnecessary PR for the new team and his own brand.

You are missing the point.

Ramsey hasn't said anything about what was said in the meeting. Why does he talk about everything about the meeting but what was said? He doesn't talk about it because he knows that will draw TC and the others out of silence. He didn't lie because there were multiple people in the room and they wouldn't let it stand if he openly attacked them.

The grievance would definitely have been filed if anything personal was said that crossed a line. It would have helped him leave the team. If TC would have crossed a line in the words used (think personal degrading, racial, etc), then Ramsey would have an excuse for forcing the trade without getting any backlash on himself as everything would have been focused on TC.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(10-25-2019, 11:05 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 04:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You speculated what you thought happened. Then contradicted that with "we'll never know." 

It's not this difficult I promise. 

Nobody is saying they know definitively what happened, everyone is operating under what they "think" happened. 

The two things which I mentioned as "indefensible" are both things which are pretty easy to see for me i.e Marrone being undermined and Jalen "feeling disrespected" 

I've been consistent in saying both parties are to blame so I don't why you think I'm presenting a singular argument.

It’s really not difficult.

I’m telling you that you’re ruining the validity of your argument by operating under an assumption. 

And your defense of that is that “everyone is doing it.” 

I’m not. And I’m calling bull [BLEEP] on those that are.