Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We have a franchise QB

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2019, 03:12 PM by Kane.)

(11-06-2019, 02:40 PM)Ronster Wrote: All the same people clamoring and drooling all over Minshew were the same dorks that clamored and defended Bortles, Gabbert, and Leftwich. Some fans get caught up in FEELINGS instead of sanity and reason. They will yell and scream and beat you down until you see things their way or just walk away from the conversation... I like Minshew, I really like him. I just want him to learn a little more before we throw him to the wolves. He is not ready to lead an NFL team to a winning season. He may be in the future, but he is UNPROVEN. Meanwhile, we have NICK FREAKING FOLES as the QB of this team. A PROVEN, SUPER BOWL MVP QUARTERBACK that in the last two years has done really well in Nov and Dec.....

Let Minshew be a rookie and learn and calm your nerves...

Take a knee Ron the only one who needs calming is the guy BANGING AWAY AT HIS KEYBOARD IN CAPS !!!11!!!

(11-06-2019, 02:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 02:40 PM)Ronster Wrote: All the same people clamoring and drooling all over Minshew were the same dorks that clamored and defended Bortles, Gabbert, and Leftwich. Some fans get caught up in FEELINGS instead of sanity and reason. They will yell and scream and beat you down until you see things their way or just walk away from the conversation... I like Minshew, I really like him. I just want him to learn a little more before we throw him to the wolves. He is not ready to lead an NFL team to a winning season. He may be in the future, but he is UNPROVEN. Meanwhile, we have NICK FREAKING FOLES as the QB of this team. A PROVEN, SUPER BOWL MVP QUARTERBACK that in the last two years has done really well in Nov and Dec.....

Hahahahahaha 

BOYCOOOOOOOTTTTTT

(11-06-2019, 02:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He's already got tape seeing defenses well and seeing them poorly.
Picking up blitzes well, and leaving guys unabated.
He can grow in the meeting room on that now. He's not going to magically click on the field with it under fire. 

They have plenty of time to evaluate Minshew and they got more tape of good and bad than they ever thought they'd have for him to this point.  The fact that they even know he might be the future  and not just a backup right now is huge already.  
They aren't losing out on anything by him sitting now IMO.  I just don't see any downside unless Foles comes in and stinks up the place.
I don't necessarily see a major downside but I'm curious to see how quickly he can knock the rust off. How quickly can he gain some chemistry with Chark when very clearly Minshew already has it. The Jags can't afford for Foles to take a few games getting acclimated to game speed.

I'm not saying Foles is going to play bad by any means but just that once I saw Minshew may have had the goods, I would have continued to play him.

His chemistry with Chark looked OK on play #11 in game 1.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, I really do hope Chark and Foles can sort this lack of chemistry thing out.

https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...38402?s=20

(11-06-2019, 03:11 PM)Kane Wrote:

Take a knee Ron the only one who needs calming is the guy BANGING AWAY AT HIS KEYBOARD IN CAPS !!!11!!!

(11-06-2019, 02:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahahahaha 

BOYCOOOOOOOTTTTTT

I don't necessarily see a major downside but I'm curious to see how quickly he can knock the rust off. How quickly can he gain some chemistry with Chark when very clearly Minshew already has it. The Jags can't afford for Foles to take a few games getting acclimated to game speed.

I'm not saying Foles is going to play bad by any means but just that once I saw Minshew may have had the goods, I would have continued to play him.

Awesome, that was 2 months ago and the reason it's been 2 months since he was on the field.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-11-2019, 09:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 03:11 PM)Kane Wrote: Take a knee Ron the only one who needs calming is the guy BANGING AWAY AT HIS KEYBOARD IN CAPS !!!11!!!

Awesome, that was 2 months ago and the reason it's been 2 months since he was on the field.

Cann is the reason it's been 2 months lol

(11-11-2019, 11:43 AM)Kane Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 09:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Awesome, that was 2 months ago and the reason it's been 2 months since he was on the field.

Cann is the reason it's been 2 months lol

Interesting to note that earlier in that TD drive, Foles evaded pressure allowed by Cann and stepped up to complete a 3rd and 18 conversion. 

https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...92865?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!