Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gardner Minshew Film Analysis-Strong Opinion Sports

O'Shag's injury has made this offense pitiful. Probably the GOAT TE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-19-2019, 04:06 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: O'Shag's injury has made this offense pitiful. Probably the GOAT TE.

Always love the jags_r_bake takes.

You need to post more often my dude

(11-19-2019, 04:18 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 04:06 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: O'Shag's injury has made this offense pitiful. Probably the GOAT TE.

Always love the jags_r_bake takes.

You need to post more often my dude

Jags_r_bake_r_bake?

(11-19-2019, 09:52 AM)Kane Wrote: How many more threads do we need of Minshew fan boys vs Foles apologists?
Minshew isn't starting this year, get over it. The front office, once again, painted themselves into a QB problem corner and we as the fans, like it or not, are stuck with the results for likely 6 more games.

OT:
Yeah Minshew played very very well against two of the worst teams in the NFL, with poor personnel and terrible coaching. That's promising for sure. He played downright poorly against two of the better teams in the league with very good rosters and great coaching.
Stop over selling him.
For a 6th round rookie he played way above his draft status, not something we as Jag fans can usually say. We should all be excited about his future and potential. But this staff isn't going to play him to get him live reps for the next staff. Quit cryin' about it.

I agree.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-19-2019, 12:36 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 12:30 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think it could be good to have him sit for the next 6 games.   I'm afraid if we throw him back out there the way things are now, it could destroy his confidence.   I'd much rather shore up our weaknesses in the offseason, and have the new improved Gardner Minshew take the field with a new improved team around him.

I'm less worried about his confidence and more worried about his body.
He isn't the biggest dude. If he keeps getting creamed behind poor OL play or outside the pocket extending plays, he could end up broken physically.

I think he has the mentality to persevere through all the other stuff.
Seems like a solid leader with a good head on his shoulders.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. He's like 220 lbs , that's a perfect size for a QB. Very sturdy build.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2019, 06:16 PM by Mowerguy.)

(11-19-2019, 12:30 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think it could be good to have him sit for the next 6 games.   I'm afraid if we throw him back out there the way things are now, it could destroy his confidence.   I'd much rather shore up our weaknesses in the offseason, and have the new improved Gardner Minshew take the field with a new improved team around him.

His confidence is strong, if it was going to be shaken it would have been the chiefs game.

(11-19-2019, 03:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I am also in the camp of just letting Foles finish the next six games out and just let Minshew relax a bit as a rookie. Unless Foles gets hurt again. But at this point it's looking more and more likely that they'll be lucky to finish 6 - 10 / 7 - 9 with the inconsistencies between the run defense, pass protection and run blocking and penalties on top of all of that.

Hopefully Khan and Jr. are looking at new coaches and front office personnel for next year. Should be an easy sell with four first round picks at our disposal over the next two years.

If he gets hurt GMII will answer the call. Until then foles is the man.
Maybe next season the eaglets will pay a premium to get him back....that would be a hoot.  Big Grin
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(11-19-2019, 05:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 12:36 PM)Kane Wrote: I'm less worried about his confidence and more worried about his body.
He isn't the biggest dude. If he keeps getting creamed behind poor OL play or outside the pocket extending plays, he could end up broken physically.

I think he has the mentality to persevere through all the other stuff.
Seems like a solid leader with a good head on his shoulders.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. He's like 220 lbs , that's a perfect size for a QB. Very sturdy build.

He's listed at 220 without the 'Stache and his giant brass cajones. He's around 275 with 'em but it's just not fair to the rest of the League to add those to his metrics.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-19-2019, 11:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 05:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: I wouldn't worry too much about that. He's like 220 lbs , that's a perfect size for a QB. Very sturdy build.

He's listed at 220 without the 'Stache and his giant brass cajones. He's around 275 with 'em but it's just not fair to the rest of the League to add those to his metrics.

We must have the heaviest QB room in the league in that case..