Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is why you don’t blow up rosters

(11-24-2019, 07:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:48 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Anyways my point isn’t really let’s debate which shade of crap is darker, hopefully we don’t go through another purge this time around

Wait, you literally in the thread title said this is because of the purge. It was the entire point.

Yes I think gutting the roster is the result of what we are experiencing years latter. Is Caldwell or Gene worse isn’t really a debate worth having
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-24-2019, 07:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wait, you literally in the thread title said this is because of the purge. It was the entire point.

Yes I think gutting the roster is the result of what we are experiencing years latter. Is Caldwell or Gene worse isn’t really a debate worth having

Thats because there is no debate.

Gene was single-handedly the worst GM this team has ever experienced.

(11-24-2019, 07:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: What we are seeing now has almost zero to do with that roster purge.

It's all been recycled since then.  There are virtually zero remnants.

The purge hurt in the short term. We're seeing more coaching/scheming issues than f.o. issues right now.

I’m not being a jerk. I am honestly asking..What do you think of Deflip after the last 3 weeks?

Disappointed.  

When you get trounced by three division opponents consecutively no one is safe from blame.

(11-24-2019, 07:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wait, you literally in the thread title said this is because of the purge. It was the entire point.

There isn't a debate. And gutting this roster 6 years ago didn't seem to keep us out of the AFCCG two years ago.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-24-2019, 07:44 PM)enigma Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:40 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Name a roster worse than this ?

Just off the top of my head - 2012 Jags.

Blaine Gabbert, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, Eugene Monroe, Cam Bradfield, Uche Nwari, Jeremy Mincey, Alualu, CJ Mosley, Russell Allen, Aaron Ross, Derek Cox, Dawan Landry, Dwight Lowery
You mean the 2011 season? Let’s See if we Ge to 5-11 I’m not so confident right now I’m

(11-24-2019, 07:40 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:38 PM)NM Jag Fan Wrote: No one was worse than Gene.

Name a roster worse than this ?

12, 13, 14

And gene is easily the worst

(11-24-2019, 07:57 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:44 PM)enigma Wrote: Just off the top of my head - 2012 Jags.

Blaine Gabbert, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, Eugene Monroe, Cam Bradfield, Uche Nwari, Jeremy Mincey, Alualu, CJ Mosley, Russell Allen, Aaron Ross, Derek Cox, Dawan Landry, Dwight Lowery
You mean the 2011 season? Let’s See if we Ge to 5-11 I’m not so confident right now I’m

I'll make a bet with you if you want.

Also, how about the year after that too? 2-14 if you want to go based on records.

Plenty of years of crap worse than this. Anyways, I'm done.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 08:02 PM by EricC85.)

(11-24-2019, 07:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Yes I think gutting the roster is the result of what we are experiencing years latter. Is Caldwell or Gene worse isn’t really a debate worth having

There isn't a debate. And gutting this roster 6 years ago didn't seem to keep us out of the AFCCG two years ago.

Hey if we want to cherry pick seasons instead of judging the tenures as a whole then I guess you have a point. 

Caldwell has had more time, money and top draft picks than anyone and here we are. Don’t give me names of your favorite players as proof of his success. There is maybe 5 players on this roster we can build around. That’s record setting failure.

(11-24-2019, 08:01 PM)enigma Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:57 PM)EricC85 Wrote: You mean the 2011 season? Let’s See if we Ge to 5-11 I’m not so confident right now I’m

I'll make a bet with you if you want.

Also, how about the year after that too? 2-14 if you want to go based on records.

Lol 2-14 was Caldwell’s first year as GM

(11-24-2019, 08:01 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There isn't a debate. And gutting this roster 6 years ago didn't seem to keep us out of the AFCCG two years ago.

Hey if we want to cherry pick seasons instead of judging the tenures as a whole then I guess you have a point. 

Caldwell has had more time, money and top draft picks than anyone and here we are. Don’t give me names of your favorite players as proof of his success. There is maybe 5 players on this roster we can build around. That’s record setting failure.

And that is drama worthy of an Oscar.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 08:03 PM by EricC85.)

(11-24-2019, 08:00 PM)Russian Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:40 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Name a roster worse than this ?

12, 13, 14

So the three worse rosters that this where three roster assembled by Caldwell and that’s evidence someone else was worse?

(11-24-2019, 07:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There isn't a debate. And gutting this roster 6 years ago didn't seem to keep us out of the AFCCG two years ago.

(11-24-2019, 08:01 PM)enigma Wrote: I'll make a bet with you if you want.

MY POINT IS THAT THERE WERE ROSTERS WORSE THAN WHATS ON THE FIELD TODAY eric.

Imagine inheriting the flaming pile of [BLEEP] Gene leaves you.

Think bud, think.

Gene took a punter in round 3 and some people were saying it was smart because he was a starter!

(11-24-2019, 08:04 PM)enigma Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 08:01 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Hey if we want to cherry pick seasons instead of judging the tenures as a whole then I guess you have a point. 

MY POINT IS THAT THERE WERE ROSTERS WORSE THAN WHATS ON THE FIELD TODAY eric.

Imagine inheriting the flaming pile of [BLEEP] Gene leaves you.

Think bud, think.

But that 2012 roster was loaded with All-Pro talent! I don't know why we even fired Gene Smith with all the playmakers he drafted and signed over the years.

You're saying that what we're seeing is because of a purge 6 years ago and then also saying he's had plenty of time to fix it and failed. 

This is contradiction.

Alright it’s not worth arguing, I’ve made my hatred of Caldwell known for a while at least it’s coming to an end.

(11-24-2019, 07:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:52 PM)D-Money Wrote: The issue is, is that he thought he was smarter than he was. I always go back to us having that great year, almost going to the Super Bowl, then letting damn near everyone go. He felt they had the formula and instead of keeping players that we should have they traded and let them go elsewhere.

Now look at where we are. All we have to do was keep who we had and build on it so we wouldn't continue have to draft players and expect them to be stars right away.

Khan is dumb as hell if he doesn't fire someone tomorrow. You let your star player that you drafted, who brought ticket and jersey sales, media attention which brought in revenue only to be let go because of the FO/coaching staff. Only for us to lose him and become worse, possibly in the midst of a "blow it all up" position.

If Khan doesn't get rid of this FO or coaching staff, he is better of selling the team, he is not holding anyone accountable. Smh this whole situation is crazy

He's making 100 million dollars on this crapfest, what does he care?

You're right. I guess we are going to keep getting the same results

Dude please let it go.

Who are we missing from 2011-12 that would help this team right now?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(11-24-2019, 08:08 PM)D-Money Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 07:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's making 100 million dollars on this crapfest, what does he care?

You're right. I guess we are going to keep getting the same results

From Khan's perspective the worst that happens is the team plays great and he makes 100 million dollars. If they play bad enough he'll get to move and make 200 million dollars.

(11-24-2019, 08:03 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 08:00 PM)Russian Wrote: 12, 13, 14

So the three worse rosters that this where three roster assembled by Caldwell and that’s evidence someone else was worse?

You asked for worse rosters than this one. And gene was gm till 13. A bunch were his players. 

I can’t name a gene player that amounted to anything. Can you?

Dave has had 7 drafts now. A competent GM could have blown it up, built it back, blown it up again, and built it back to at least the level we're at right now in 7 drafts.