Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan Fires Coughlin

And here we are, about to enter another 5-6 years of watching another staff crash and burn for this snakebit organization

Maybe I'm crazy but I do keep watching and paying for some reason

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-18-2019, 09:00 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: Caldwell's really a pretty average GM. They can't all be Ozzie Newsome, but they aren't all Gene Smith either. Caldwell's had the good to go with the bad, and I still think he would be successful in the role elsewhere if the Jags moved on. He's had a lot to deal with here from ownership meddling in his first coaching hire to Coughlin being brought in over him. I kinda think the guy's drawn the short straw, and it's not always his fault.

By what measure is he average? He was here long before Coughlin and we where still a trash team with a trash roster. They caught some great breaks and made a run one year but the fact that same roster was worthless by week three the following year is evidence this roster is garbage.

He missed on Joeckel, but that was such a bad draft class that almost everyone had Fisher/Joeckel as 1/2. He missed on Bortles, but not a Gabbert-level miss. Bortles did get us to the AFCCG, FWIW. Otherwise, his first rounders haven't been half bad. Fowler maybe a little underwhelming, but he was stepping up his game when he was offloaded. Ramsey landed us two first round picks and a fourth, Fournette's come into his own, Bryan's showing signs and Allen is a machine.

You go deeper and start getting into guys like Linder, A-Rob, Telvin, Yan, Westbrook, the list goes on. He's found lots of solid depth and capable starters in the middle rounds, and then there's this dude that cuts his own jorts when he isn't heaving it downfield...

As GMs go, that's not too bad. His FA signings are more miss (J. Thomas, Norwell) than hit (Calais, Bouye), but I think that's really the norm these days. Smart teams know that you find your starters in the draft and patch via UFA, because with all the measures teams have in place for keeping a guy from leaving, if someone's hitting free agency, a smart GM would ask why.

(12-18-2019, 09:07 PM)old_man Wrote: Cant wait to watch Khan over the next 3 to 4 years...

He will either move the Jaguars out of Jacksonville or sell the team....

Neither but that doesn't mean it won't *eventually * happen. The real key will be the stadium negotiations when the end of the lease gets closer.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Inmates running the asylum....this wont end well for this franchise...
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

Shad Khan has failed miserably as an owner since he bought this team. Unless that was his plan all along.. so he can pick up and move our team

(12-18-2019, 09:10 PM)old_man Wrote: Inmates running the asylum....this wont end well for this franchise...

ok boomer

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 09:14 PM by MikePete54.)

(12-18-2019, 08:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: As to point two, is there a compilation thread of everything coming out? I saw that Bouye did an interview, I know Fournette's been on Twitter, DFJ and JR of course...

Right now we have :

Fournette : 

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...3878990851

Smoot : 

Quote:Defensive end Dawuane Smoot overslept and missed a breakfast meeting a day before the Jaguars played the Philadelphia Eagles in London last season.

Jaguars top executive Tom Coughlin fined him $25,000, according to Smoot.

''In my circumstance, I missed something,'' Smoot said. ''I'm going to swallow my pride and I know I was going to get fined. I didn't know the amount and I would have understood if it was $1,000 or $2,000.

''But I was pissed when I saw how much it was. There's been a whole lot of questionable fines. That's a week's check. I was pretty pissed about it, but what could I do. I had to take it like a man.''

Bouye : 

Quote:Defensive back A.J. Bouye acknowledged that he was once fined $10,000 for skipping a mandatory Yoga session.

″I know what work bests for me as a player, and they didn’t want to hear that,″ Bouye said. ″I remember one time I had an injury, and I got a little work done here, but I wanted to do all my work in my [hometown], and they were kind of getting on me.

″You never really know what you’re going to get fined for until it happens. You’ve got to find a way to appeal it and hope it won’t happen again. I’m just finding out about who got fined all that money. I hate that it happened. People laugh because it doesn’t happen anywhere else. They just laugh at us when it happens.″

Dante : 

https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/12...9658102784

(12-18-2019, 09:09 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:07 PM)old_man Wrote: Cant wait to watch Khan over the next 3 to 4 years...

He will either move the Jaguars out of Jacksonville or sell the team....

Neither but that doesn't mean it won't *eventually * happen. The real key will be the stadium negotiations when the end of the lease gets closer.

The only real success and 2017 was built with Coughlin here,  damn near all the cast in 2007 were Coughlin leftovers.

Belichick and Coughlin are cut from the same cloth,  this will end up being a bad move....

If Belichick didn't win as much as they have he would have the same trashing point that Coughlin has...

(12-18-2019, 09:08 PM)jaglyn Wrote: And here we are, about to enter another 5-6 years of watching another staff crash and burn for this snakebit organization

Maybe I'm crazy but I do keep watching and paying for some reason
Maybe. Maybe not. This roster doesn't need to be completely gutted.

You can potentially salvage some players by trying them at other positions like Robinson from OT to G maybe and Jack from ILB to OLB.

It's possible. We have a decent group of defensive lineman. We have a solid RB. We have a promising core of WRs.

We have a promising QB. With plenty of draft picks ahead of us over the next two years I don't think we'll be a bad team for long.

They just HAVE to get the right people in that building. Very skeptical of Pioli and McDaniels. Very, very skeptical. But we'll see.

It's just a rumor for now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-18-2019, 09:13 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:09 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Neither but that doesn't mean it won't *eventually * happen. The real key will be the stadium negotiations when the end of the lease gets closer.

The only real success and 2017 was built with Coughlin here,  damn near all the cast in 2007 were Coughlin leftovers.

Belichick and Coughlin are cut from the same cloth,  this will end up being a bad move....

If Belichick didn't win as much as they have he would have the same trashing point that Coughlin has...

And Belichick had TB the GOAT.

Sad that it came to this but I definitely agree w/Mr. Khan's decision.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Welp...the Jags have entered a new dawn of hope!
[Image: giphy.gif]
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

good

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 09:18 PM by old_man.)

(12-18-2019, 09:13 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: As to point two, is there a compilation thread of everything coming out? I saw that Bouye did an interview, I know Fournette's been on Twitter, DFJ and JR of course...

Right now we have :

Fournette : 

Smoot : 

Quote:Defensive end Dawuane Smoot overslept and missed a breakfast meeting a day before the Jaguars played the Philadelphia Eagles in London last season.

Jaguars top executive Tom Coughlin fined him $25,000, according to Smoot.

''In my circumstance, I missed something,'' Smoot said. ''I'm going to swallow my pride and I know I was going to get fined. I didn't know the amount and I would have understood if it was $1,000 or $2,000.

''But I was pissed when I saw how much it was. There's been a whole lot of questionable fines. That's a week's check. I was pretty pissed about it, but what could I do. I had to take it like a man.''

Bouye : 

Quote:Defensive back A.J. Bouye acknowledged that he was once fined $10,000 for skipping a mandatory Yoga session.

″I know what work bests for me as a player, and they didn’t want to hear that,″ Bouye said. ″I remember one time I had an injury, and I got a little work done here, but I wanted to do all my work in my [hometown], and they were kind of getting on me.

″You never really know what you’re going to get fined for until it happens. You’ve got to find a way to appeal it and hope it won’t happen again. I’m just finding out about who got fined all that money. I hate that it happened. People laugh because it doesn’t happen anywhere else. They just laugh at us when it happens.″

Dante : 

Holding players accountable....

That is horrible.....

(12-18-2019, 09:10 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:10 PM)old_man Wrote: Inmates running the asylum....this wont end well for this franchise...

ok boomer

Only 46 'tard

(12-18-2019, 09:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:48 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statu...2032386049

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statu...5642973190

I would love this

Patriot's way...

Belichick is just like Coughlin....no nonsense....

Don't know what you mean here.

(12-18-2019, 09:15 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:13 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Right now we have :

Fournette : 

Smoot : 

Bouye : 

Dante : 

That is horrible.....
You can hold players accountable without going over the top or violating rules and policy.

Not sure where the disconnect is with you. Coughlin overstepped and went overboard.

Belichick also has his "Patriot Way" motto. But he's a well known cheater. And he'll just cut players like the one's mentioned above instead of fining them like he's from Demolition Man in the year 2032 where every little thing you do is wrong.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

McDaniels was a mess in Denver....

SO GLAD HE IS GONE... HE WAS A MAJOR CANCER IN OUR ORGANIZATION (I do thank him for the great times many many years ago but it was clear that he lost "it").

To those tinfoil conspiracy theorists who think Shad is gonna ship this team across the pond, just stop - that kind of thinking is not good for what little mental stability may/may not exist in you.

(12-18-2019, 09:15 PM)old_man Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 09:13 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Right now we have :

Fournette : 

Smoot : 

Bouye : 

Dante : 

That is horrible.....

(12-18-2019, 09:10 PM)TJBender Wrote: ok boomer

Only 46 'tard

You're a special kind of stupid.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2019, 09:26 PM by rpr52121.)

(12-18-2019, 08:54 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: God that feels good.

I don't like the whispers about Caldwell potentially remaining but alas we will cross that bridge when we come to it

Caldwell's really a pretty average GM. They can't all be Ozzie Newsome, but they aren't all Gene Smith either. Caldwell's had the good to go with the bad, and I still think he would be successful in the role elsewhere if the Jags moved on. He's had a lot to deal with here from ownership meddling in his first coaching hire to Coughlin being brought in over him. I kinda think the guy's drawn the short straw, and it's not always his fault.

(12-18-2019, 08:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: La Canforna is speculating Pioli and McDaniels.

Also, I LOVE all the players finally letting it all out. Tom was senile and thought he could do whatever he wanted. Thought he was above the league.

Pioli/McDaniels...ewwww...two guys who completely washed out in their first go-round, and one who popped a squat on Indy at the last second. No way do I invite that here.

As to point two, is there a compilation thread of everything coming out? I saw that Bouye did an interview, I know Fournette's been on Twitter, DFJ and JR of course...

(12-18-2019, 08:50 PM)jag2543 Wrote: Wonder if this also leads to a homecoming of JR, Khan loves him and he will be a free agent

As wonderfully hilarious as it would be to own LA's first-round pick in 2021 for a player we traded to them, it's not gonna happen. Ramsey wanted to be in KC, and he'd talked about playing in Tennessee earlier. I think that door closed long ago. Also, LA will franchise tag him for two straight years before letting him go after sinking that money into him.

Even if Caldwell has been average at filling out a roster with talent, he has repeatedly failed at head coach and QB. Only 12 teams make the playoff every year, so an average GM means you make the playoffs once in awhile. That is not good enough.

There are a decent number of successful coaches who failed during their first HC stint but figure it out their second time. Sure, that doesn't happen all the time, but it is not uncommon. Plus McDaniels checks a big box for me on being a play designer. I'm not certain he is great at putting together a staff to get at least 1 offensive position group to out-perform their expectations, though that may be more of GM criteria.

I'm not a huge fan of Pioli. I would love someone from the Ravens' or Steelers' GM trees, but I honestly don't know who that would be.

Ramsey won't come back. He is a great CB but not type who creates plays on every highlight reel so that casual fans know how his impact. He is more the great CB that people need watch in national games and have the announcers point out his effectiveness. Also, he seems to want a spotlight. He will only get on a big market team that will get TV coverage even when they are not dominant.