Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
“Increasingly Likely” Jaguars Will Franchise DE Yannick Ngakoue

(02-24-2020, 02:25 PM)Rico Wrote: Yan rated #6 free agent here.  Fowler at #27.  Obviously we know who didn't write this article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...hranked-qb

[Image: -1x7b7sfCH1IAu_ff1geM4ndNbS81jnqwUSJU2lt...R7mCgDqODM]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-24-2020, 02:25 PM)Rico Wrote: Yan rated #6 free agent here.  Fowler at #27.  Obviously we know who didn't write this article.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...hranked-qb

Came here to post this!  Haha.

DiRocco reporting Yan wants 22 million a year.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-24-2020, 04:48 PM)Jagwired Wrote: DiRocco reporting Yan wants 22 million a year.

He wants to be the highest paid defensive end in the league?

Well, good luck to him. I’m sure another team will pay him that.

(02-24-2020, 04:59 PM)Andy G Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 04:48 PM)Jagwired Wrote: DiRocco reporting Yan wants 22 million a year.

He is probably starting there realistically landing at around $20-20.5 million per.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-24-2020, 04:59 PM)Andy G Wrote:

1)Thats not even the biggest edge contract

2) Other edges will sign for that and more in the next year

(02-24-2020, 05:23 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 04:59 PM)Andy G Wrote: He wants to be the highest paid defensive end in the league?

He is probably starting there realistically landing at around $20-20.5 million per.

I think he will be lucky to break 18 a year. He’s crazy. No wonder we won’t sign him to a long term deal.

(02-24-2020, 06:53 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 05:23 PM)Jagwired Wrote: He is probably starting there realistically landing at around $20-20.5 million per.

I think he will be lucky to break 18 a year. He’s crazy. No wonder we won’t sign him to a long term deal.

Want to bet?

I wonder what kind of contract Chris Jones is looking for. I'd rather Jones over Yannick

(02-24-2020, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder what kind of contract Chris Jones is looking for.  

Probably one that has the words Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts or Baltimore Ravens on it.

He gets $20m on the tag, which most of you dont mind paying... yet you're against $22m??? LOL..  Wallbash

This fan base... I swear. SMH

If we lose him because this trash franchise wont pony up an extra $1-2m per, I'm going to [BLEEP] lose it...

5 year $110 million. Get it done!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

At this point, we have nothing to lose. Caldwell has gutted this team of talent and any chance of being competitive.

Having said that, franchise him, hold him against his will out of spite. Every franchise has an identity. That can be ours.

(02-24-2020, 10:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He gets $20m on the tag, which most of you dont mind paying... yet you're against $22m??? LOL..  Wallbash

If we lose him because this trash franchise wont pony up an extra $1-2m per, I'm going to [BLEEP] lose it...

Smh...somebody feels my pain

(02-24-2020, 10:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He gets $20m on the tag, which most of you dont mind paying... yet you're against $22m??? LOL..  Wallbash

The purpose of applying the tag would be to either continue negotiating for a new contract or trade him.  Having him play under the tag without doing one or the other would not be optimal, and I'm sure it is not their aim.

(02-24-2020, 11:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: At this point, we have nothing to lose. Caldwell has gutted this team of talent and any chance of being competitive.

Having said that, franchise him, hold him against his will out of spite. Every franchise has an identity. That can be ours.

Hyperbolic Overreaction, you have a call on the white courtesy phone. Hyperbolic Overreaction, white courtesy phone please.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'll tell you, this is one of my very favorite phrases on this board.  

some people = this fan base, apparently

Are you not part of the 'fan base'?  You think every other team's fans are in complete agreement on all player acquisitions?

This fan base...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-25-2020, 08:17 AM)Rico Wrote:

I'll tell you, this is one of my very favorite phrases on this board.  

some people = this fan base, apparently

Are you not part of the 'fan base'?  You think every other team's fans are in complete agreement on all player acquisitions?

This fan base...

SMDH...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-24-2020, 11:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: At this point, we have nothing to lose. Caldwell has gutted this team of talent and any chance of being competitive.

Mr. Coughlin, stop using others' accounts to post here. You were let go several months ago, it's time to move on.

Having said that, franchise him, hold him against his will out of spite.
Every franchise has an identity. That can be ours.
I am shocked.... shocked I tell ya, that you have this take.