Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(08-15-2022, 06:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It amazes me when people who have been vaccinated and boosted for Covid are surprised when they get the virus. Have they not been paying attention? Vaccines don't guarantee you don't get the virus. Pretty much everyone knows this. Right?

What surprises me even more is when someone tests positive, then tests negative, then tests positive again with more symptoms, then tells you they don’t have it.  But yet, I’m supposed to go to your house for your Bday because you don’t feel you have it.  Not to mention, when you had it, you went about business as usual.  Hell no! I am not bring my wife and child around you for your bday.  The one time I got Covid cost me 5k.   I’m not taking any chances

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-15-2022, 06:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It amazes me when people who have been vaccinated and boosted for Covid are surprised when they get the virus. Have they not been paying attention? Vaccines don't guarantee you don't get the virus. Pretty much everyone knows this. Right?

I'm surprised that people think vaccines in general prevent you from getting something. A vaccine doesn't stop a virus entering your body.  They aren't a forcefield.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(08-15-2022, 05:13 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 05:10 PM)captivating Wrote: Read the article.

Protestors are preventing parents from seeing their hospitalized children.

That’s not cool

Exactly the point I was trying to get across

All the power to them for protesting

But blocking parents from seeing there sick children and blocking parents from entering the hospital to get treatment for there children is disgusting

(08-15-2022, 07:30 PM)captivating Wrote:

I'm surprised that people think vaccines in general prevent you from getting something. A vaccine doesn't stop a virus entering your body.  They aren't a forcefield.

There is a lady I follow on Instagram who runs a cat rescue organization in CA. She posted that she recently had the virus and someone in the comments section was saying how they're vaxxed and boosted and they couldn't figure out how they got it at an outdoor dining engagement. Um, because you were sitting at a table with others and no one was social distancing.  Wallbash

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 01:44 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 7 times in total.)

'Jill Biden tests positive for Covid-19'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...0#comments

Let me just state in advance that this post is not intended to rabble-rouse over the effectiveness, ineffectiveness or harm of the vaccines or boosters, or to compare them to natural immunity. That's been done ad nauseam in this topic alone. It's more to underscore yet another failure of this President. This, at the very least, is a broken campaign promise, and at worst (or best, depending on your political leaning) is a self-damning statement that he should resign immediately. it's never pleasant when you are judged by the words that come out of your own mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce9_pVL37nw

Link below confirms that more people have died now under Biden's watch than the previous POTUS.
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-have...mp-1661528

Oh yeah, and here's a tasty little piece of disinformation. Is the newly-created Department that handles that still up and running?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-...get-covid/
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I remember Biden saying that about the vaccines. I was thinking he really does have an impaired thought process.

It seems there's as many people who want to use that fact as a "gotcha" as there are those who don't know it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I credit the vaccine for my brief and mild symptoms when I contracted the rona.

Are you a high-risk patient? Should I credit the lack of vaccine for my brief and mild symptoms?

(08-17-2022, 08:40 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Are you a high-risk patient? Should I credit the lack of vaccine for my brief and mild symptoms?

You should be grateful that your experience was mild, some of the things I've seen even as a non-clinician are horrific. Dying of lung disease is one of the more terrible ways to go.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Are you grateful you're not dying in a motorcycle crash?

(08-17-2022, 02:10 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Are you grateful you're not dying in a motorcycle crash?

I haven't ridden a motorcycle. You've had Covid. I know you just can't help but be yourself, but a little thankfulness for your health might be good for your soul.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 06:46 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

The point, good sir, is that I had as much a chance of dying from Covid as I do from dying in a motorcycle accident, and I'm probably being generous. The risk of dying from Covid for a healthy person under 65 is the same as drowning. Do you thank your lucky stars every time you come out of a pool? No. You don't, because you're not afraid of something that probably is not going to affect you in your lifetime.

I get it. You are surrounded by people who are at risk and get sick. You watch them die. Sorry that stuff affects your rationality. It's called recency bias, and you live in it. My wife works extensively with concussions, and she freaks out every time I get on a ladder. That's you.

Combine your recency bias with our institutions utter failure to roll out good policy and information with integrity and transparency, and that's how we end up with our medical professionals throwing out rationality for emotion . Do you know that the national safety council says your odds of dying from Covid are 1 in 12? Lol... what a joke, man. Can you honestly tell me that 1 in 12 people are dying from Covid? The average person on this board knows hundreds, if not thousands of people, and how many of them can name off a person close to them that died of Covid (without suffering from some other serious affliction)? Sure, they might know a friend of a friend, or an elderly or sick person, but very few personally know a healthy person that died of Covid. This is sensationalism at its finest, and it's why HB credits the vaccine with his minor symptoms.

I don't really care for your anecdotal experiences, either. A healthy person dying of covid is just super, super rare, man.

Like I said, you just can't help yourself.

1 in 12, bro. We're all dying here.

(08-18-2022, 09:42 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: 1 in 12, bro. We're all dying here.

Irrespective of what you keep harping on we're all dying of something all the time, that's life. You should reflect a bit on how fortunate you are in comparison to many who suffered death or extremely ill effects as a result of the illness through which you were Lucky2Last. But hey, you keep doing you.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2022, 11:39 AM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

There's not an eye rolling emoticon big enough for me to convey my disregard for your "righteous" indignation. You finding some higher sense of morality through this endeavor has nothing to do with the practicality of vaccine effectiveness for people under 65 who are healthy, but hey... you keep doing you.

It would be nice if the CDC was transparent with its data so we could see the difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated by age and health complications, but they don't give that to us. Can you share that specific data with me so I can see it and correct my ways? Or are you going to rely on ritual public shaming?

(08-18-2022, 11:38 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: There's not an eye rolling emoticon big enough for me to convey my disregard for your "righteous" indignation. You finding some higher sense of morality through this endeavor has nothing to do with the practicality of vaccine effectiveness for people under 65 who are healthy, but hey... you keep doing you.

It would be nice if the CDC was transparent with its data so we could see the difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated by age and health complications, but they don't give that to us. Can you share that specific data with me so I can see it and correct my ways? Or are you going to rely on ritual public shaming?

Because I said you should feel fortunate that a bug that killed millions didn't kill you I have "righteous indignation", Lol. Anything to be opposite me I guess.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2022, 03:45 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well, you're wrong again, I guess.

It didn't kill millions of young, healthy people, and anyone in that category doesn't need to feel "lucky" to be alive. 93% of all Covid deaths occurred in people over the age of 55, and a VAST majority of people under that age had serious comorbidities, but you know that. What you don't know is the degree to which the vaccine is effective in the healthy population because that data hasn't been given to us. But continue to preach. Maybe you can bring this heathen into the fold.

(08-17-2022, 07:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I credit the vaccine for my brief and mild symptoms when I contracted the rona.

LOL, you re-opened the can.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption