Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles traded to Chicago (merged)

Honestly hope Foles does well on the Bears. If he isn’t awful that defense will get him to the post season.

Happy with the pick and happy to be free of terrible QB contracts starting next year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Minshew Mania

Foles the new Osweiler. Jags 2019: 25 million signing bonus, 22M salary; 50M guaranteed. Bears 2020: Added years for books, 21M guaranteed. In only 4 games played...
Astonishing craft!
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(03-18-2020, 06:00 PM)enigma Wrote: This was simply a fleecing performed by Dave.

Bravo.

Got rid of another Coughlin screw-up in more ways than one.

One more move for Caldwell to make to rid of Coughlin screwups is to  fire Marone. Too bad we have to wait until  next year...

Caldwell had this franchise going in the right direction and he got both lucky (weak schedule and injured QBs around the league) and unlucky (the hiring of Coughlin) in 2017.

The cap was in good shape, veterans were easy to cut financially and there was a decent nucleus of young players.

Tom Coughlin came in and stomped all over everything with his incompetence- he set Dave Caldwell back instead of providing him with guidance. Everything had "Coughlin" stamped on it from Fournette to locker room discord. Now that Emperor Coughlin is gone, Caldwell has gotten back to what he was doing, building the franchise.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Ok, just so we are all on the same page. We've done a full circle and now trust Caldwell/he is a genius? No more despair? If so...

LET'S GO AND WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!111

[Image: d12705b347f8924f41466f62348a0649.jpg]

(03-19-2020, 09:22 AM)ff Brett Wrote: Ok, just so we are all on the same page. We've done a full circle and now trust Caldwell/he is a genius? No more despair? If so...

Yup. Go get 'em, Jags. Darqueeze Dennard, et al shall lead us.

(03-19-2020, 09:22 AM)Brett Wrote: Ok, just so we are all on the same page. We've done a full circle and now trust Caldwell/he is a genius? No more despair? If so...

Not me yet. I see us letting our best players walk and we are getting draft picks and B/C level free agents. Im not judging yet, i want to see what Caldwell does with all these draft picks.

(03-19-2020, 11:11 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 09:22 AM)Brett Wrote: Ok, just so we are all on the same page. We've done a full circle and now trust Caldwell/he is a genius? No more despair? If so...

Not me yet. I see us letting our best players walk and we are getting draft picks and B/C level free agents. Im not judging yet, i want to see what Caldwell does with all these draft picks.

Letting?  Please explain how we are 'letting them walk' when they are refusing to play.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-19-2020, 11:11 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:

Actually we're not letting our best players walk, we're trading them away.

"Losing our best players..."?

I believe the quote is "If I'm losing with you here, I can just as easily lose without you.."

(03-18-2020, 08:50 PM)rufftime Wrote: Honestly hope Foles does well on the Bears.  If he isn’t awful that defense will get him to the post season.

Happy with the pick and happy to be free of terrible QB contracts starting next year.

As a person who wants the best for nice people, I really wish I could say the same but that would be so Jaguar like to have the Foles-Robinson combination propel the Bears to a deep run into the playoffs.  That said, I'm going to find it really hard to root for his success this year --- perhaps I'm just evil as Foles is such a good dude Sad

Joe Flacco is being released. There's your new back-up boys! Let's get em"!

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Flacco can also grow out a pretty cool gunslinger stache. Would be a good competition on both fronts this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 01:25 PM by JagFan81.)

(03-19-2020, 11:39 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 11:11 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Not me yet. I see us letting our best players walk and we are getting draft picks and B/C level free agents. Im not judging yet, i want to see what Caldwell does with all these draft picks.

Letting?  Please explain how we are 'letting them walk' when they are refusing to play.

My bad. That wasn't the right word i meant.

I meant weve seen Bouye, Calais, Dareus, Foles go. All were starters last year, 3 of those were our better players on a bad D. Theyre also our most experienced D players.

Im waiting for the draft, that is where this team will make its biggest impact this off season.

(03-19-2020, 11:41 AM)Kane Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 11:11 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Not me yet. I see us letting our best players walk and we are getting draft picks and B/C level free agents. Im not judging yet, i want to see what Caldwell does with all these draft picks.

Actually we're not letting our best players walk, we're trading them away.

Thats what i meant!

(03-19-2020, 12:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Joe Flacco is being released. There's your new back-up boys! Let's get em"!

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Flacco can also grow out a pretty cool gunslinger stache. Would be a good competition on both fronts this year.

I like Flacco as a backup for cheap. Thats not a bad idea.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-19-2020, 02:04 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 12:48 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Joe Flacco is being released. There's your new back-up boys! Let's get em"!

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

I like Flacco as a backup for cheap. Thats not a bad idea.

Flacco would be worse than Foles here

(03-19-2020, 02:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 02:04 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I like Flacco as a backup for cheap. Thats not a bad idea.

Flacco would be worse than Foles here

Still affordable though. Beats paying whatever they were paying Napoleon Dynamite to ride the pine in 2020. 

Dobbs might be a solid back up too though. We didn't get to see him play yet.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 02:30 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(03-19-2020, 02:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 02:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Flacco would be worse than Foles here

Still affordable though. Beats paying whatever they were paying Napoleon Dynamite to ride the pine in 2020. 

Just go with Dobbs

1.-We are not making the playoffs anyway
2.-We spent a draft pick on him and if Dobbs plays well people can crown Caldwell and call him a genius like they did with Gene Smith, if he blows they can still blame Coughlin lol

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 04:19 PM by Brett.)

Plus Dobbs knows how to pick the ladies as of late. Bonus points.

[Image: josh-dobbs-hannah-ann-2-.jpg]

(03-19-2020, 02:29 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 02:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Still affordable though. Beats paying whatever they were paying Napoleon Dynamite to ride the pine in 2020. 

Just go with Dobbs

1.-We are not making the playoffs anyway
2.-We spent a draft pick on him and if Dobbs plays well people can crown Caldwell and call him a genius like they did with Gene Smith, if he blows they can still blame Coughlin lol

I agree- don't waste money on Flacco. Go with Dobbs and draft a QB in the 6th like a Nate Stanley.

Yes, blame Coughlin. You are correct, it is all his fault.