Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade up for Okudah?

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 04:31 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-23-2020, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 04:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote: On draft day, I would have agreed with you...though I was more of a Wirfs guy.
Now that I've seen Henderson in two games...I'm less sold on that proposition.
I wasn't a big fan of Lamb or Chaisson coming into the draft.
Both have shown a flash or so.
But under the idea of getting Minshew as much help as possible to see what exactly we have in him, I would have taken your pair over the guys we took.
I was a Wirfs guy as well, I thought Cann had reached his peak and he has been the weak spot on the oline since we drafted him.  With that said, he is having career year and I'm now glad we got the best corner in the draft.  Sheanault in the 2nd is also much better value than Lamb in the 1st imo and Lamb was one of my favorite WRs, i didn't think Shenault would of made it to us and his biggest question mark was health which is why he fell.  A healthy Shenault though were he was drafted is a steal and I think his style of play is better for this offense than Lamb would of been He is a big part of why the passing game has been so good the first few weeks with him always in motion and moving around.  He can beat you in so many different ways and he is opening things up for others

Oh boy, you were right here too!

Schenault>>Lamb

And Caldwell made the perfect picks with Henderson, Chaisson and Schenault.

(09-23-2020, 02:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 02:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I'd still take Wills + Lamb over Henderson and Chaisson

We need help on defense, not offense.  Give me Shenault over Lamb and Cam is finally healthy and probably our best lineman so far.  We need D.  We wouldn't of beat the Colts without CJ

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-14-2021, 04:30 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was a Wirfs guy as well, I thought Cann had reached his peak and he has been the weak spot on the oline since we drafted him.  With that said, he is having career year and I'm now glad we got the best corner in the draft.  Sheanault in the 2nd is also much better value than Lamb in the 1st imo and Lamb was one of my favorite WRs, i didn't think Shenault would of made it to us and his biggest question mark was health which is why he fell.  A healthy Shenault though were he was drafted is a steal and I think his style of play is better for this offense than Lamb would of been He is a big part of why the passing game has been so good the first few weeks with him always in motion and moving around.  He can beat you in so many different ways and he is opening things up for others

Oh boy, you were right here too!

Schenault>>Lamb

(09-23-2020, 02:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We need help on defense, not offense.  Give me Shenault over Lamb and Cam is finally healthy and probably our best lineman so far.  We need D.  We wouldn't of beat the Colts without CJ

Where did I say Shenault>>>>>>Lamb?  Reading comprehension is [BLEEP].  I said he was better value in the 2nd.  This was last year,  Shenault was better for that offense, Gruden was our OC not Bevell.  I can guarantee you that there are certain teams in this league that would make Shenault a much better player than he is looking like this year.  He had 600 yards last year and 5 TDs as a rookie.  You go back and read it again where I said "this offense" which was Gruden's not Bevell's

(11-14-2021, 05:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 04:30 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Oh boy, you were right here too!

Schenault>>Lamb

Laughing 
Where did I say Shenault>>>>>>Lamb?  Reading comprehension is [BLEEP].  I said he was better value in the 2nd.  This was last year,  Shenault was better for that offense, Gruden was our OC not Bevell.  I can guarantee you that there are certain teams in this league that would make Shenault a much better player than he is looking like this year.  He had 600 yards last year and 5 TDs as a rookie.  You go back and read it again where I said "this offense" which was Gruden's not Bevell's

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Lol flgators loooves going back in time and calling people out and then absolutely shriveling when someone does it to him.

(11-14-2021, 06:33 PM)Upper Wrote: Lol flgators loooves going back in time and calling people out and then absolutely shriveling when someone does it to him.

Yep, that's why I did it. Like when he said Chase Young is better than Myles Garrett LOL, he didn't even post there again  Laughing

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 06:41 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-14-2021, 06:33 PM)Upper Wrote: Lol flgators loooves going back in time and calling people out and then absolutely shriveling when someone does it to him.

I'll always come back to it.  Find any post where I said Shenault>>>>>>Lamb.  Lamb was actually my top WR in the draft with Jeudy 2nd then JJ.  There is a difference between saying who is the better player and who is better value.  I'd bet anything if you switch Lamb and Shenault on Dallas, Shenault would be looking like the better WR right now.

(11-14-2021, 06:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I'll always come back to it.  Find any post where I said Shenault>>>>>>Lamb.  Lamb was actually my top WR in the draft with Jeudy 2nd then JJ.  There is a difference between saying who is the better player and who is better value.  I'd bet anything if you switch Lamb and Shenault on Dallas, Shenault would be looking like the better WR right now.  You thought Ruggs was the best WR in that draft lol

[Image: giphy.gif]

Like you came back to the Young>>>Garrett?? hahahaha

(11-14-2021, 06:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I'll always come back to it.  Find any post where I said Shenault>>>>>>Lamb.  Lamb was actually my top WR in the draft with Jeudy 2nd then JJ.  There is a difference between saying who is the better player and who is better value.  I'd bet anything if you switch Lamb and Shenault on Dallas, Shenault would be looking like the better WR right now.
Oh come on man.

Just take the L. Lamb is consistently open and Shenault does absolutely nothing every game.

(11-14-2021, 06:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 06:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'll always come back to it.  Find any post where I said Shenault>>>>>>Lamb.  Lamb was actually my top WR in the draft with Jeudy 2nd then JJ.  There is a difference between saying who is the better player and who is better value.  I'd bet anything if you switch Lamb and Shenault on Dallas, Shenault would be looking like the better WR right now.
Oh come on man.

Just take the L. Lamb is consistently open and Shenault does absolutely nothing every game.
Look at that Dallas offense.  Look at that Jax offense. Viska had 600 yards as a rookie and 5 TDs under Gruden's offense.  Lamb has a much better QB and other good WRs around him to open things up like Cooper.  If you switched the 2 you think things would be the same?

(11-14-2021, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 06:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh come on man.

Look at that Dallas offense.  Look at that Jax offense. Viska had 600 yards as a rookie and 5 TDs under Gruden's offense.  Lamb has a much better QB and other good WRs around him to open things up like Cooper.  If you switched the 2 you think things would be the same?
God no. Lamb would actually help the Jags offense immediately considering he’s a true #1 receiver. Viska isn’t good and if he were in Dallas, would be behind Cooper, Gallup (who’s actually good) and probably Cedric Wilson.

You’re overrating Viska because he’s a Jag.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 07:40 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-14-2021, 07:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Look at that Dallas offense.  Look at that Jax offense. Viska had 600 yards as a rookie and 5 TDs under Gruden's offense.  Lamb has a much better QB and other good WRs around him to open things up like Cooper.  If you switched the 2 you think things would be the same?
God no. Lamb would actually help the Jags offense immediately considering he’s a true #1 receiver. Viska isn’t good and if he were in Dallas, would be behind Cooper, Gallup (who’s actually good) and probably Cedric Wilson.

Lamb wouldn't look as good in this offense as he does in Dallas, he would actually be facing the teams number 1 corner without Cooper and Lawrence would be throwing to him not Dak.  Not overeating anything, he's kind of an unknown until you get a OC that knows how to use him like Gruden did.  600 yards and 5 TDs as a rookie and then enter Bevell  He's definitely been a disappointment this year but the whole offense has outside of Arnold and Robinson. 
Either way Winfield was who I actually wanted and the year before I wanted DK Metcalf who you think isn't good.  Give me Metcalf over Lamb any day and Lamb was my favorite WR last year who went in the 2nd

Metcalf was 22 overall on the top 100 by the way

(11-14-2021, 07:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 07:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: God no. Lamb would actually help the Jags offense immediately considering he’s a true #1 receiver. Viska isn’t good and if he were in Dallas, would be behind Cooper, Gallup (who’s actually good) and probably Cedric Wilson.

Lamb wouldn't look as good in this offense as he does in Dallas, he would actually be facing the teams number 1 corner without Cooper and Lawrence would be throwing to him not Dak.  Not overeating anything, he's kind of an unknown until you get a OC that knows how to use him like Gruden did.  600 yards and 5 TDs as a rookie and then enter Bevell  He's definitely been a disappointment this year but the whole offense has outside of Arnold and Robinson. 
Either way Winfield was who I actually wanted and the year before I wanted DK Metcalf who you think isn't good.  Give me Metcalf over Lamb any day and Lamb was my favorite WR last year who went in the 2nd

I’ve already taken the L on Metcalf AFTER watching him play in the NFL. I didn’t think he would be as good as he has been. He’s really good but you declared him the best WR in the NFL at one point…. Is he? Or were you a creature of the moment?

(11-14-2021, 07:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 07:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lamb wouldn't look as good in this offense as he does in Dallas, he would actually be facing the teams number 1 corner without Cooper and Lawrence would be throwing to him not Dak.  Not overeating anything, he's kind of an unknown until you get a OC that knows how to use him like Gruden did.  600 yards and 5 TDs as a rookie and then enter Bevell  He's definitely been a disappointment this year but the whole offense has outside of Arnold and Robinson. 

I’ve already taken the L on Metcalf AFTER watching him play in the NFL. I didn’t think he would be as good as he has been. He’s really good but you declared him the best WR in the NFL at one point…. Is he? Or were you a creature of the moment?
I said one of the best, which he is.  I didn't say he's the lone best at the top.  I don't think there is one guy you can say who is the best right now. There are a few at the top and they're all close imo

(11-14-2021, 07:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 07:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’ve already taken the L on Metcalf AFTER watching him play in the NFL. I didn’t think he would be as good as he has been. He’s really good but you declared him the best WR in the NFL at one point…. Is he? Or were you a creature of the moment?
I said one of the best, which he is.  I didn't say he's the lone best at the top.  I don't think there is one guy you can say who is the best right now. There are a few at the top and they're all close imo
Lol ok.

Whatever you say bud.

(11-14-2021, 08:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 07:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I said one of the best, which he is.  I didn't say he's the lone best at the top.  I don't think there is one guy you can say who is the best right now. There are a few at the top and they're all close imo
Lol ok.

Whatever you say bud.
Who's the best?

(11-14-2021, 08:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 08:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol ok.

Whatever you say bud.
Who's the best?
My point wasn’t that there’s a clear #1 WR right now but that you definitely said Metcalf was the best. Just like you claimed Diggs is the best CB this year. Whenever someone plays well for a stretch, you proclaim them the best.

For the record, I don’t have a #1 WR but my top 3 in no order are Adams, Diggs and Hill.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 08:58 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-14-2021, 08:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 08:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who's the best?
My point wasn’t that there’s a clear #1 WR right now but that you definitely said Metcalf was the best. Just like you claimed Diggs is the best CB this year. Whenever someone plays well for a stretch, you proclaim them the best.

For the record, I don’t have a #1 WR but my top 3 in no order are Adams, Diggs and Hill.
(11-11-2021, 02:08 AM)Kane Wrote: [Image: 1-billion-dollars-5b063b.jpg]

Yes, I would take Diggs over any corner this year,. He is a game changer and already has 8 picks on the year and he's only in his 2nd year and has helped change that Dallas D along with Parsons.  Metcalf has improved every year but was even really good in his rookie year, so it's not just a little stretch.  There was also a stat I seen the other day that he is the highest rated WR in single coverage.

(11-14-2021, 06:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'll always come back to it.  Find any post where I said Shenault>>>>>>Lamb.  Lamb was actually my top WR in the draft with Jeudy 2nd then JJ.  There is a difference between saying who is the better player and who is better value.  I'd bet anything if you switch Lamb and Shenault on Dallas, Shenault would be looking like the better WR right now.

Lamb wouldn't look nearly as good on the Jags as he does in Dallas, obviously. He would still look miles better than Laviska does. And Shenault would be the Cowboys WR4 gadget guy who they manufacture touches for cause he can't get open.

I really wish I could find that Winks Viska cutup from I believe the Dolphins game when we lined Shenault up as an outside WR all game. No Xavien Howard, no Byron Jones, Shenault was still locked up the entire game. Zero separation every snap. It wouldn't matter what offense he goes to he's just not a WR you can line up from a quality NFL corner and expect any impact whatsoever.