Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 04:43 PM by mikesez.)

(11-25-2020, 02:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 02:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: Ask someone who advocates for those things.
Let's act like educated people.  Educated people know that there is a lot of racism in the history of any former colony.
So any policy they've had for a while probably had a racist aspect to it.
Yes, let's discuss that, let's tell the truth.
But, we only have to change those policies if they are still racist in their effect today.

Do we? Is racism the only reason we should eliminate bad policy?

No, there could be many reasons. Any reason that "shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

(11-25-2020, 03:53 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The same thing is still occurring today. Not with race, but with class. Big companies benefit from minimum wage laws, because it tanks their future competition, small businesses.

The broader point is that minimum wage laws prop up one group at the expense of another. Race is irrelevant.

Can you link to any research backing that up?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 05:20 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Research? No. Evidence? Yes.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/05/business/...index.html

https://www.wired.com/story/why-amazon-r...imum-wage/

I'm sure I could go on if I cared to waste the time, but that should be all you need. Amazon and Walmart both lobbying congress to raise minimum wage? These guys are true humanitarians.

(11-25-2020, 04:20 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 04:14 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I don't know that we need minimum wage laws, but at the same time, I believe you can only trust the free market to the degree that's it's free. The government needs to use it's powers to ensure that corporations can't cooperate to oppress their labor market. That can't happen when they are working together.

That is exactly why you need labor laws... because free market capitalism has shown it will not behave fairly on its own.  It will invariably require a degree of regulation.  The argument is, and always will be, how much?  I don't think a minimum wage requirement is too much... even for small businesses to compete.  I am a small business owner and I am of the mindset that if you can't afford to pay your employees at least a minimum wage, your business would not be successful anyway.

I'm not opposed to labor laws, but I think politicians are saps. They are bought and paid for by lobbyists, and I don't trust any labor laws coming out of our Congress.

(11-25-2020, 05:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Research? No. Evidence? Yes.

I'm sure I could go on if I cared to waste the time, but that should be all you need. Amazon and Walmart both lobbying congress to raise minimum wage? These guys are true humanitarians.

(11-25-2020, 04:20 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: That is exactly why you need labor laws... because free market capitalism has shown it will not behave fairly on its own.  It will invariably require a degree of regulation.  The argument is, and always will be, how much?  I don't think a minimum wage requirement is too much... even for small businesses to compete.  I am a small business owner and I am of the mindset that if you can't afford to pay your employees at least a minimum wage, your business would not be successful anyway.

I'm not opposed to labor laws, but I think politicians are saps. They are bought and paid for by lobbyists, and I don't trust any labor laws coming out of our Congress.

Its hard to argue with that, but that is the system we have to work within.  It will always be a balancing act between the interests of small business and labor versus big corporations.  I don't see a minimum wage as a particularly controversial piece of that, but many others do.  There are bigger issues to deal with than that, imo.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 07:54 PM by mikesez.)

(11-25-2020, 04:20 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: That is exactly why you need labor laws... because free market capitalism has shown it will not behave fairly on its own.  It will invariably require a degree of regulation.  The argument is, and always will be, how much?  I don't think a minimum wage requirement is too much... even for small businesses to compete.  I am a small business owner and I am of the mindset that if you can't afford to pay your employees at least a minimum wage, your business would not be successful anyway.

I'm not going to be so naive to say that Amazon and Walmart have goodness in their hearts.
I am going to say that they're trying to seek out halos from wherever they can get them. They are publicly supporting higher wages because they want to be "in" with a more conscientious consumer.
I don't think they're considering how that might affect their competition. 
And if they are, they probably get the same Google results as me when I search for it: the relationship between increases in the minimum wage and the demand for labor, from businesses both large and small, is ambiguous, and probably not causal.

(11-25-2020, 12:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 10:34 AM)copycat Wrote: Huh?

A primer on the issue from a respected economist.

https://nypost.com/2013/09/17/why-racist...wage-laws/

FTA:

"In 1925, a minimum-wage law was passed in the Canadian province of British Columbia, with the intent and effect of pricing Japanese immigrants out of jobs in the lumbering industry.

A Harvard professor of that era referred approvingly to Australia’s minimum wage law as a means to “protect the white Australian’s standard of living from the invidious competition of the colored races, particularly of the Chinese” who were willing to work for less.

In South Africa during the era of apartheid, white labor unions urged that a minimum-wage law be applied to all races, to keep black workers from taking jobs away from white unionized workers by working for less than the union pay scale.

Some supporters of the first federal minimum-wage law in the United States — the Davis-Bacon Act of 1931 — used exactly the same rationale, citing the fact that Southern construction companies, using non-union black workers, were able to come north and underbid construction companies using unionized white labor."

Minimum wage laws originated in race-based protectionism.

I never viewed it from that perspective.  Interesting how that narrative has changed to not having an increased minimum age is now racist.  Not to mention that the very people screaming for an increased minimum wage also want to open the borders and allow non US citizens to under cut the very minimum wage they scream for.  I need a drink!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(11-25-2020, 07:56 PM)copycat Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 12:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: A primer on the issue from a respected economist.

https://nypost.com/2013/09/17/why-racist...wage-laws/

FTA:

"In 1925, a minimum-wage law was passed in the Canadian province of British Columbia, with the intent and effect of pricing Japanese immigrants out of jobs in the lumbering industry.

A Harvard professor of that era referred approvingly to Australia’s minimum wage law as a means to “protect the white Australian’s standard of living from the invidious competition of the colored races, particularly of the Chinese” who were willing to work for less.

In South Africa during the era of apartheid, white labor unions urged that a minimum-wage law be applied to all races, to keep black workers from taking jobs away from white unionized workers by working for less than the union pay scale.

Some supporters of the first federal minimum-wage law in the United States — the Davis-Bacon Act of 1931 — used exactly the same rationale, citing the fact that Southern construction companies, using non-union black workers, were able to come north and underbid construction companies using unionized white labor."

Minimum wage laws originated in race-based protectionism.

I never viewed it from that perspective.  Interesting how that narrative has changed to not having an increased minimum age is now racist.  Not to mention that the very people screaming for an increased minimum wage also want to open the borders and allow non US citizens to under cut the very minimum wage they scream for.  I need a drink!

The whole idea of allowing more non-citizens to work here legally is that the law would treat them about the same as it treats citizens. 
They would work here without fear of getting arrested and deported, and therefore they would be able to threaten their employer with legal consequences if the employer fails to pay the minimum wage, just like the rest of us.
As you know, according to classical microeconomics, if you institute a price floor at the same time you increase the supply, very very wacky things are likely to happen.
but of course classical microeconomics also assumes perfect competition and elastic prices and wages...

(11-25-2020, 07:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:

I'm not going to be so naive to say that Amazon and Walmart have goodness in their hearts.
I am going to say that they're trying to seek out halos from wherever they can get them. They are publicly supporting higher wages because they want to be "in" with a more conscientious consumer.
And if they are, they probably get the same Google results as me when I search for it: the relationship between increases in the minimum wage and the demand for labor, from businesses both large and small, is ambiguous, and probably not causal.

You need to stop using google. For many reasons other than your bad results, try DuckDuckGo or even bing. Increases in minimum wage always leads to a decrease in jobs. 

Also Walmart and Amazon are absolutely aware that higher minimum wage hurts their small competition more than it hurts giants. They are, no doubt, virtue signaling, but they are willing to take extra regulation if it makes it harder for competition to emerge. Car manufacturers have done this for years.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(11-25-2020, 07:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm not going to be so naive to say that Amazon and Walmart have goodness in their hearts.

You're apparently unfamiliar with how the private sector of the economy operates, especially at the major corporate level.  EVERYTHING they do is driven by numbers.  Diminished competition leads to increased profits and profits are the ultimate objective.

Multi billion dollar businesses use market research that is somewhat more extensive and informed than you can find on the internet.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-27-2020, 03:54 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 07:31 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm not going to be so naive to say that Amazon and Walmart have goodness in their hearts.

You need to stop using google. For many reasons other than your bad results, try DuckDuckGo or even bing. Increases in minimum wage always leads to a decrease in jobs. 

Also Walmart and Amazon are absolutely aware that higher minimum wage hurts their small competition more than it hurts giants. They are, no doubt, virtue signaling, but they are willing to take extra regulation if it makes it harder for competition to emerge. Car manufacturers have done this for years.
Amazon is looking to gain more business as the small businesses that sell items on Amazon will not be able to afford to pay the employees to ship and manage that. They will have to move to Amazon warehouse options where Amazon does everything but make the products.

That way Amazon increases their profits, increases their service cost to 3rd party sellers, and increases service cost to end users.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(11-27-2020, 03:54 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

So, when you use your preferred search engine, do you find results that show local demand for labor is reduced as a result of a local minimum wage increase? Could you share one or two of those results with us?

(11-27-2020, 02:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 03:54 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: You need to stop using google. For many reasons other than your bad results, try DuckDuckGo or even bing. Increases in minimum wage always leads to a decrease in jobs. 

So, when you use your preferred search engine, do you find results that show local demand for labor is reduced as a result of a local minimum wage increase? Could you share one or two of those results with us?

Here you go, a recent and very local working paper on the Seattle Increase. Have fun!

https://www.nber.org/system/files/workin...w23532.pdf

From the Conclusions: "Our preferred estimates suggest that the Seattle Minimum Wage Ordinance caused hours worked by low-skilled workers (i.e., those earning under $19 per hour) to fall by 6.9% during the three quarters when the minimum wage was $13, resulting in a loss of around 3 million hours worked per calendar quarter and more than 5,000 jobs. These estimates are robust to cutoffs other than $19 per hour. A 3.2% increase in wages in jobs that paid less than $19 per hour coupled with a 6.9% loss in hours yields a labor demand elasticity of roughly -2.6, and this large elasticity estimate is robust to other cutoffs."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

A man that the NYT called always the smartest man in the room in September signed an affidavit stating the data in all the swing states has been manipulated, resulting in 100,000s of votes for Biden in each state.

I wonder in the retraction will be made and put on the front page to try and backtrack since the left called him the smart.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2020, 07:39 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-27-2020, 06:24 PM)p_rushing Wrote: A man that the NYT called always the smartest man in the room in September signed an affidavit stating the data in all the swing states has been manipulated, resulting in 100,000s of votes for Biden in each state.

I wonder in the retraction will be made and put on the front page to try and backtrack since the left called him the smart.

As usual, you are clueless and babbling about something you are not capable of understanding.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-27-2020, 07:38 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 06:24 PM)p_rushing Wrote: A man that the NYT called always the smartest man in the room in September signed an affidavit stating the data in all the swing states has been manipulated, resulting in 100,000s of votes for Biden in each state.

As usual, you are clueless and babbling about something you are not capable of understanding.

Now, now, now!  This is not how things are to be done in Biden’s America.  Unity remember?  The proper response should have been:  “Please share your source, that we can properly discuss this and together conclude the Orange man is out and nothing else matters”.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(11-27-2020, 07:59 PM)copycat Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 07:38 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: As usual, you are clueless and babbling about something you are not capable of understanding.

Now, now, now!  This is not how things are to be done in Biden’s America.  Unity remember?  The proper response should have been:  “Please share your source, that we can properly discuss this and together conclude the Orange man is out and nothing else matters”.

LOL... touche.

(11-27-2020, 07:38 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:

What didn't I understand about an affidavit? Once again you ignore the facts and try to attack someone. Show me where I'm wrong or I should report you for attacking me.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2020, 07:40 AM by The Real Marty.)

Where did you get this?  Do you have a link?  You make a lot of wild claims, but I'd still like to see what it is you are talking about.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2020, 10:19 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-28-2020, 02:01 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 07:38 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: As usual, you are clueless and babbling about something you are not capable of understanding.
What didn't I understand about an affidavit? Once again you ignore the facts and try to attack someone. Show me where I'm wrong or I should report you for attacking me.

No one has any clue what you are talking about.  If you're going to post nonsense without any sort of reference, then you are going to be called clueless; quit being a snowflake.

If you're incoherent post was attempting to discuss an affidavit from a discredited cyber-guy that your deranged lawyer Sidney Powell submitted (who is so crazy that even Trump dumped her from his lunatic legal team), then I stand by my original statement of your post. Trump's own hand-picked DHS cybersecurity chief (Christopher Krebs) has already concluded there was no evidence of cybersecurity issues in the election, demonstrated by the fact that all hand recounts have supported the electronic counts. In fact, Biden GAINED votes in the recount yesterday in Wisconsin. But you keep waiting for the kracken to get released.

They aren't wild claims. They just aren't reported in the media. Trump has a stronger case than you guys think. IF any of these processes get overturned, this is exactly why the left is going to go nuts. There are a lot of data analysts who have come out suggesting statistical improbabilities. I only have so much knowledge in that area, so once we've moved past basic math, I am having to trust their word.

This is a guy that helped bust a dude who was defrauding millionaires:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/opini...racts.html

Quote:Navid Keshavarz-Nia, those who worked with him said, “was always the smartest person in the room.” In doing cybersecurity and technical counterintelligence work for the C.I.A., N.S.A. and F.B.I., he had spent decades connecting top-secret dots. After several months of working with Mr. Courtney, he began connecting those dots too. He did not like where they led.

Quote:Professionally, Dr. Kershavarz-Nia has spent his career as a cybersecurity engineer. “My experience,” he attests,” spans 35 years performing technical assessment, mathematical modeling, cyber-attack pattern analysis, and security intelligence….” I will not belabor the point. Take it as given that Dr. Kershavarz-Nia may know more about cybersecurity than anyone else in America.

So, what does the brilliant Dr. Kershavarz-Nia have to say? This:

1. Hammer and Scorecard is real, not a hoax (as Democrats allege), and is used to manipulate election outcomes.

2. Dominion, ES&S, Scytl, and Smartmatic are all vulnerable to fraud and vote manipulation – and the mainstream media reported on these vulnerabilities in the past.

3. Dominion has been used in other countries to “forge election results.”

4. Dominion’s corporate structure is deliberately confusing to hide relationships with Venezuela, China, and Cuba.

5. Dominion machines are easily hackable.

6. Dominion memory cards with cryptographic key access to the systems were stolen in 2019.

Although he had no access to the machines, Dr. Kershavarz has looked at available data about the election and the vote results. Based on that information, he concluded

1. The counts in the disputed states (Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia) show electronic manipulation.

2. The simultaneous decision in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia to pretend to halt counting votes was unprecedented and demonstrated a coordinated effort to collude towards desired results.

3. 1-2% of votes were forged in Biden’s favor.

4. Optical scanners were set to accept unverified, un-validated ballots.

5. The scanners failed to keep records for audits, an outcome that must have been deliberately programmed.

6. The stolen cryptographic key, which applied to all voting systems, was used to alter vote counts.

7. The favorable votes pouring in after hours for Biden could not be accounted for by a Democrat preference for mailed-in ballots. They demonstrated manipulation. For example, in Pennsylvania, it was physically impossible to feed 400,000 ballots into the machines within 2-3 hours.

8. Dominion used Chinese parts and there’s reason to believe that China, Venezuela, Cuba interfered in the election.

9. There was a Hammer and Scorecard cyberattack that altered votes in the battleground states, and then forwarded the results to Scytl servers in Frankfurt, Germany, to avoid detection.

10. The systems failed to produce any auditable results.

Based on the above findings, Dr. Keshavarz-Nia concluded with “high confidence that the election 2020 data were altered in all battleground states resulting in a [sic] hundreds of thousands of votes that were cast for President Trump to be transferred [sic] to Vice President Biden.”

Now, I don't know how he would have that information, but he is more credible than any person in this forum. If this had occurred in reverse, the people doubting these claims would almost assuredly accept his credibility. Conversely, The Trumpians would assume he's a deep state hack. Regardless, he is credible, and assuming he has no ill motivations (which is impossible), the information he presents is worth considering. This is just one example of many. 

I was easily able to discover voting irregularities in swing states, way before it was being reported on conservative news, just by looking at the numbers released by the NYT and comparing them against other cities. Other data analysts have looked at the data and found batch discrepancies ONLY in the swing states that shows improbable odds being generated for Biden as the count went forward. This can not be explained away by claiming that more democrats voted by mail in.

I am about 50 (of 104) pages in to the Sidney Powell claim she submitted to the courts in Atlanta. I'm curious how she is going to prove her case, but, like I have explained before, there are different standards for evidence. She hopes to win her case on the preponderance of evidence, meaning, she thinks when the judge looks at the totality of her evidence, it will show there was massive fraud. However, several of her claims says she has irrefutable evidence, which means she can 100% prove certain premises of her claim. Now, can she? I don't know. She was reputable before, but maybe she fell off her rocker. I just know according to her claim, she should have definitive proof of several irregularities. I have kind of written off Powell after Trump's team dumped her, but her claim, so far, has been very well written. She didn't include some of her broader claims involving the governor, but there are definitely implications. I haven't even looked into her MI claim yet. 

The NV court is looking seriously at the arguments being presented by Trump, and they have really strong evidence of fraud there. 

Everyone here knows there was some kind of fraud in this election. The question is simply how widespread was it. That was always going to be hard to prove, but not impossible, and more importantly to all the MSM lackeys here, definitely not baseless.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2020, 10:25 AM by Lucky2Last.)

If I could post the sworn affidavit of Navid Keshavarz-Nia, I would. It's a really interesting read.

Edit - Here it is:

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov....5.1.19.pdf