Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***official Fire Todd Wash Thread - 2020***

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 01:30 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-05-2020, 01:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 12:57 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: He didn't do lame duck contracts this season... they had 2 years left when Coughlin was fired.  This is a "prove it" for DC and Morrone.  Its not going so well, is it?  And Caldwell has been the GM since 2013.  Quit apologizing for him and this brutal roster.

Money is not an issue.  He's doing it now with Coughlin.  And numerous players with dead cap money.  We paid a guy a million dollars to play 3 games.  He plays in Denver now, and we are stilling paying him.  Money is not the issue.
He said last season was a prove it year in his own words and then did nothing. TC was fired because he had to, not because he wanted too.

Either you for the the Jags or have blind loyalty to Khan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think you are thoroughly confused... you're statement has zero logic.  First you state "Khan did nothing" and then you barely finish your sentence and say he fired Coughlin. HUH?

And I have blind loyalty to Khan?  To the Jags?  I have repeatedly stated I will be done with this team after this season if Khan does not change the entire leadership regime unless we achieve 7+ wins this year.  Please explain your ridiculous assessment of my blind loyalty.  lol
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-05-2020, 09:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So linebackers who take bad angles, trash secondary, 1 pass rusher and no DTs who stop the run......

Shocked they’re playing bad.

The bad angles and lackluster tackling are more indicative to the coaching than the soft scheme to me. 

I'm pretty sure yesterday on a WR screen, I saw a defender run himself into a block by taking a terrible angle to the ball.

"Their offensive line gets paid too just like us," Jones said. "They did their job, we didn't. We have tremendous talent on this d-line – first-round talent year in and year out that's on this team right now and we're not getting enough [pressure]. We have to look at ourselves and really see that there are a lot of problems, but there are some things that start with us upfront and definitely pressure is one of them.

Anyone else feel like this quote from Abry Jones is a low key shot at Todd Wash? Maybe I'm looking too much into it though.

(10-05-2020, 01:50 PM)Brett Wrote: "Their offensive line gets paid too just like us," Jones said. "They did their job, we didn't. We have tremendous talent on this d-line – first-round talent year in and year out that's on this team right now and we're not getting enough [pressure]. We have to look at ourselves and really see that there are a lot of problems, but there are some things that start with us upfront and definitely pressure is one of them.

Anyone else feel like this quote from Abry Jones is a low key shot at Todd Wash? Maybe I'm looking too much into it though.

It's just a vet taking responsibility and giving a PR answer. Abry has been here long enough to know whats up. If you ever catch him out having drinks you could probably get it out of him. Point is, the guy is getting paid and is probably fine with whatever the coaches tell him to do.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 02:28 PM by knarnn.)

(10-05-2020, 12:28 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 12:10 PM)knarnn Wrote: Here’s a petition

https://www.change.org/p/jacksonville-ja...fba53721fd

I think you spelled "CALDWELL" wrong on your petition.

Please include them too. The board knows I’m probably one of the most patient posters around but the I’m ok with ending this failed experiment once in for all. Week 1 lead to much optimism but it’s apparent that after blowing up the roster this year coupled with coaches who’s game plan consists of comparing Boars Head bologna to Oscar Meyer....that we aren’t that good. 

But for my sanity make sure Wash gets shown the door first. I’ll gladly pack up his office if needed.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-05-2020, 02:27 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 12:28 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I think you spelled "CALDWELL" wrong on your petition.

Please include them too. The board knows I’m probably one of the most patient posters around but the I’m ok with ending this failed experiment once in for all. Week 1 lead to much optimism but it’s apparent that after blowing up the roster this year coupled with coaches who’s game plan consists of comparing Boars Head bologna to Oscar Meyer....that we aren’t that good. 

But for my sanity make sure Wash gets shown the door first. I’ll gladly pack up his office if needed.

LOL.  Glad we are on the same page!   Cool
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Do it now!!

(10-05-2020, 12:58 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 12:38 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Doesn't anyone remember the night and day difference in the performance of this team the week after they fired Bobblehead and named Marrone interim? We went from "Coach Horrible" to "Coach Meh" and you could still see the difference it made in just 6 days.

Coach meh is better than coach jack [BLEEP]... Id be willing to bet the both wade and romeo are much better coaches and could get more out of this defense than wash...Im not saying CHAMPIONSHIP or even playoffs but Im saying we would be better with either one of them as DC...Thinking bigger picture here

I'm agreeing with you...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 02:48 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-05-2020, 02:43 PM)D-Money Wrote: Do it now!!

I actually ready to go the other way.  Let's keep Wash, let Caldwell trade away a few more players for draft picks and ride the season out.  Then let Khan clean house and start fresh in 2021 with a completely new regime.  I like that better now.   Laughing

(10-05-2020, 01:50 PM)Brett Wrote: "Their offensive line gets paid too just like us," Jones said. "They did their job, we didn't. We have tremendous talent on this d-line – first-round talent year in and year out that's on this team right now and we're not getting enough [pressure]. We have to look at ourselves and really see that there are a lot of problems, but there are some things that start with us upfront and definitely pressure is one of them.

I think it's more interesting that the "vet leader" of the line, who came in as an UDFA, could be read as taking shots at Tater Cakes Taven and Josh Allen, the "first-round talent" on the team.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/13...40289?s=21

So if it’s not the players....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 06:08 PM by JagFan81.)

(10-05-2020, 05:57 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/13...40289?s=21

So that one play where Herndon and I cant remember who else, ran into each other and turned the pick into an incomplete pass and both injured themselves was how they practice?

Makes sense.

(10-04-2020, 11:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 10:43 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow completed 25 of 36 passes for 300 yards and was sacked just once. He was rarely pressured, and the season-long question of how to pressure the quarterback was again a post-game theme.

"We have guys that have the ability to do it," Head Coach Doug Marrone said. "We've got to coach the heck out of them, we really do, and give them some opportunities. … I'll probably go back and look and I'm sure some of our guys will look at it and say, 'Gosh, we need to win more in that situation.' 
"And for us as coaches, we've just got to help them out. You know, put them in better situations, really get better plans on how we want to pass rush these guys, and go out there and execute it, because that's what we have to do a better job of for sure."

Wallbash

All I'm seeing from Marrone is "aww shucks guys, we just gotta do better." It's the same crap every week. This guy has no fire or passion. It's like he's calling a bingo game at a nursing home. I don't even see any desire to win with pathetic answers like this.

Completely agree. Same 'well be better next week' he always does. The 'Gosh, we need to win more in that situation' really annoys me!

(10-05-2020, 05:57 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/johnreid64/status/13...40289?s=21

I would take what Marrone said with a grain of salt.  The announcers even made a comment about players being out of place.  Penalties also didn't help matters any.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-05-2020, 02:27 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 12:28 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I think you spelled "CALDWELL" wrong on your petition.

I'm pretty patient as well but now this regime has gone through 2 full coaching staffs and 3 QBs. More than a fair amount of chances. Times up!

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FPYxbsK4.gif&f=1&nofb=1]

Wash must go, and this my first week admitting this.

Even when we had all those talented players our D was suspect. Sure they would come up with some great individual plays, but I didn't see the dominance from historical great teams!

We need a DC who can actually coach and scheme. Who has an adjusted scheme each week for each team. If you don't have stars you must play TEAM ball. And that involves great coaching and SCHEME.

Since we can't keep stars...we better have star coaches who out coach opponents. And last thing is, the FO needs to be reprimanded for not having enough big bodies up front. There are big, fat, players sitting on their COUCH, who can at least fall and cause a pile!!!!

People forget that even when this team had elite talent, it got shredded at times even in 2017. Lets not forget we allowed the patriots in that afc game complete like a 3rd and 20+ on us when we had them on the ropes. This cover 3 soft zone scheme is played out.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2020, 11:10 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(10-05-2020, 10:50 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Wash must go, and this my first week admitting this.

Even when we had all those talented players our D was suspect. Sure they would come up with some great individual plays, but I didn't see the dominance from historical great teams!

We need a DC who can actually coach and scheme. Who has an adjusted scheme each week for each team. If you don't have stars you must play TEAM ball. And that involves great coaching and SCHEME.

Since we can't keep stars...we better have star coaches who out coach opponents. And last thing is, the FO needs to be reprimanded for not having enough big bodies up front. There are big, fat, players sitting on their COUCH, who can at least fall and cause a pile!!!!

I was with you until the last sentence my man.  Good D-Linemen don't grow on trees.  And Caldwell is not capable of drafting any.  We have a bunch of first rounders up front who are terrible.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 01:37 AM by p_rushing.)

After as much turnover there has been, it can't be the players if they are always out of position. At some point you have to admit you can't teach and either change the defense/style or move on.

(10-05-2020, 06:08 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I would take what Marrone said with a grain of salt.  The announcers even made a comment about players being out of place.  Penalties also didn't help matters any.

They really aren't out of position. The backend of the defense has actually been great at stopping the long plays. They are getting killed in the medium and short passing because the zone leaves them wide open without pressure. Comparing to the last 2 years with superstars the secondary hasn't played terrible and let WRs run free.

(10-05-2020, 10:58 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: People forget that even when this team had elite talent, it got shredded at times even in 2017. Lets not forget we allowed the patriots in that afc game complete like a 3rd and 20+ on us when we had them on the ropes. This cover 3 soft zone scheme is played out.

I've never forgotten. Steelers shredded them also and almost came back. The scheme sucks.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 12:06 PM by Mowerguy.)

Just wait until the winless Texans send the Jags to 1~4 ....will that be enough
to send this guy walking?
stand by. 
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson