Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars New GM Candidates?

(12-16-2020, 08:51 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 09:12 PM)Jags Wrote: This!   It’s almost like this team tries to be smarter than the rest of the league at times.  Hiring or retaining Before the GM is in place wouldn’t exactly shock me.

We can only hope Kahn distances himself from the process and hires someone who actually knows football to find the new GM.

Per the Albert Breer report Monday, sounds like Khan wants to hire the HC first and then build the GM and staff around him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-16-2020, 10:04 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 08:51 AM)Sneakers Wrote: We can only hope Kahn distances himself from the process and hires someone who actually knows football to find the new GM.

Per the Albert Breer report Monday, sounds like Khan wants to hire the HC first and then build the GM and staff around him.

Lord... the just doesn't make sense to me.
Do we have any successful examples of that method working?

(12-16-2020, 08:51 AM)Sneakers Wrote: We can only hope Kahn distances himself from the process and hires someone who actually knows football to find the new GM.

That is an interesting way to do it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-16-2020, 10:06 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 10:04 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Per the Albert Breer report Monday, sounds like Khan wants to hire the HC first and then build the GM and staff around him.

Lord... the just doesn't make sense to me.

My understanding is it would be similar to how SF hired Shanahan and then Lynch to be the GM.

(12-16-2020, 10:12 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 10:06 AM)Kane Wrote: Lord... the just doesn't make sense to me.

My understanding is it would be similar to how SF hired Shanahan and then Lynch to be the GM.

Hmmm... Alright... 

Here's hoping Khan doesn't "hire" Marrone and try to fit a GM to him  Rolleyes

(12-16-2020, 11:01 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 10:12 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: My understanding is it would be similar to how SF hired Shanahan and then Lynch to be the GM.

Hmmm... Alright... 

If we did something that stupid, I think a lot of us would be done with this team. That would completely be defeating the purpose of re-building. We'd still have a faulty foundation.

(12-16-2020, 12:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 11:01 AM)Kane Wrote: Hmmm... Alright... 

If we did something that stupid, I think a lot of us would be done with this team. That would completely be defeating the purpose of re-building. We'd still have a faulty foundation.

Facts

(12-16-2020, 01:56 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 11:58 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I'll take Saleh and the two third rounders...

Offensive coach please!

Meh.  I just don't think this is that important.  I think the best head coaches now-a-days are coordinator coordinators.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-16-2020, 01:40 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 01:56 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Offensive coach please!

Meh.  I just don't think this is that important.  I think the best head coaches now-a-days are coordinator coordinators.

I agree with this. Offense or defense doesn't matter... Leader of men. Captain of a ship. Guy who can build a good staff and let his coordinators do their thing. Dude can be a ST coordinator for all I care.

(12-16-2020, 03:06 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 01:40 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Meh.  I just don't think this is that important.  I think the best head coaches now-a-days are coordinator coordinators.

I agree with this. Offense or defense doesn't matter... Leader of men. Captain of a ship. Guy who can build a good staff and let his coordinators do their thing. Dude can be a ST coordinator for all I care.

I just want a HC who will hold players accountable for bad performances without coming off like a dictator. We've had completely opposite ends of the spectrum on this with Tom Coughlin's bitter personality and strict rules and then Gus Bradley with his style of "letting the inmates run the asylum" with no accountability at all and now Doug Marrone, who quite frankly, comes off completely clueless. We gotta get these hires right.

The Texans and the Lions have already started interviewing GM candidates. Louis Riddick is interviewing with the Texans and the Lions and Rick Smith is also interviewing with the Lions.

https://www.nfl.com/news/louis-riddick-i...-this-week

We seem to be asleep at the switch. What the heck?

(12-16-2020, 03:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The Texans and the Lions have already started interviewing GM candidates.  Louis Riddick is interviewing with the Texans and the Lions and Rick Smith is also interviewing with the Lions.  

We seem to be asleep at the switch.  What the heck?

Go figure.

Makes me feel like we're in for a Doug/Trent combo next year.... The whole picking a HC and fitting a GM to that guy report. Slow on the go of interviewing GMs. I'll be tuned out before I even get tuned in.

(12-12-2020, 06:25 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Problem with Gardner is that he does not have a go to WR. As really need to have a QB coach that can take him to the next level.

He wouldn't see a go-to WR even if there was one on the team.  

Minshew is a fun guy.  He's entertaining in interviews.  Has a great personality.  He's the kind of guy you'd want to hang out with and have a beer.  He's not a franchise QB.  

This team needs to find that guy, and suddenly you'll see that the receivers are not as bad as you think.  No doubt, there's room for improvement there, but there's adequate talent to succeed with the right guy throwing the ball.  Gardner is just too limited to be an effective franchise guy.  Good backup.  That's about it.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-16-2020, 03:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The Texans and the Lions have already started interviewing GM candidates.  Louis Riddick is interviewing with the Texans and the Lions and Rick Smith is also interviewing with the Lions.  

Are you really surprised?

There's a case to be made that Jacksonville probably has the most appealing job of all the teams shopping for a new GM and head coach.  We've got a mountain of cap cash to work with this off season, and we've got a huge cache of draft picks.  The problem is whether or not any legit GM candidates would want to work for Khan.  He has talked a good game, but he's made some pretty crappy decisions as an owner, and then doubled down on them when he should have cut his losses and moved on.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Albert Breer is just pulling things out of his rear end at this point.  Khan isn't confiding his strategy to the media, but if Breer actually has this right, the Jaguars are going to suck for another decade, but they'll more than likely be sucking the life out of a fan base in another city.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2020, 07:05 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

They can have either one of those two. They wouldn't even be on my radar.

(12-16-2020, 04:16 PM)Kane Wrote:

Go figure.

Makes me feel like we're in for a Doug/Trent combo next year.... The whole picking a HC and fitting a GM to that guy report. Slow on the go of interviewing GMs. I'll be tuned out before I even get tuned in.

Ugh! Just hearing that makes me wanna jump off a bridge!

According to Shefter and Mortensen

One other note on MNF analyst Louis Riddick: Jacksonville has expressed interest in setting up a meeting with him about its GM job, but nothing has been scheduled, per
@mortreport
and me.

(12-16-2020, 07:14 PM)newporttom Wrote: According to Shefter and Mortensen

One other note on MNF analyst Louis Riddick: Jacksonville has expressed interest in setting up a meeting with him about its GM job, but nothing has been scheduled, per
@mortreport
and me.

Ugh! No TV guys. When he was Director of Pro Personnel for the Redskins they made some horrendous draft picks. He got better when he held that position with the Eagles, but they didn't draft very well until the end of his tenure.

(12-16-2020, 10:07 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 10:04 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Per the Albert Breer report Monday, sounds like Khan wants to hire the HC first and then build the GM and staff around him.

That is an interesting way to do it.

#becausejaguars

Khan is clueless when it comes to running a team.  He is a great salesmen but bad football team owner.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-16-2020, 07:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 07:14 PM)newporttom Wrote: According to Shefter and Mortensen

@mortreport
and me.

Ugh! No TV guys. When he was Director of Pro Personnel for the Redskins they made some horrendous draft picks. He got better when he held that position with the Eagles, but they didn't draft very well until the end of his tenure.

What's the Director of Pro Personnel have to do with making the draft picks?