Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justice Department updates rule, clears way for execution by firing squad

More effective than lethal injection

Justice Department updates rule, clears way for execution by firing squad

The Department of Justice has finalized amendments to authorize federal executions by firing squad.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/11/justice-depa...gSabf4fomI
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trump did that a few days ago. The question is why bother if he is losing?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I think firing squad is fine.
Hanging is fine too.
Both are quick with a little but not much pain and little chance of screw-ups.
I don't see the point of lethal injection, I never did. Asking doctors to be involved, when they swore to do no harm. And the whole idea that pain should be eliminated or else it's cruel, I don't agree. Excessive pain is cruel. A few moments of pain as part of avoiding a botched execution is not.
Anyhow, if SCOTUS really thinks we have to eliminate uncertainty and pain, there is a simple and foolproof way to ensure someone dies without feeling any pain: inert gas. The human body has a pain reflex to the absence of air, inability to inhale or exhale, and extreme concentrations of certain gases like CO2. It has no pain reflex to the absence of oxygen. So if you just put someone in a nitrogen-argon mix, they will faint and lose consciousness in seconds and be brain dead within minutes, all without any stress at all.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 10:00 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

I was always a fan of Old Sparky. The execution method should fit the crime. In some cases, the more mistakes the better.

(12-01-2020, 09:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: I think firing squad is fine.
Hanging is fine too.
I don't see the point of lethal injection, I never did.  Asking doctors to be involved, when they swore to do no harm.  And the whole idea that pain should be eliminated or else it's cruel, I don't agree.  Excessive pain is cruel.  A few moments of pain as part of avoiding a botched execution is not.
Anyhow, if SCOTUS really thinks we have to eliminate uncertainty and pain, there is a simple and foolproof way to ensure someone dies without feeling any pain: inert gas. The human body has a pain reflex to the absence of air, inability to inhale or exhale, and extreme concentrations of certain gases like CO2. It has no pain reflex to the absence of oxygen.  So if you just put someone in a nitrogen-argon mix, they will faint and lose consciousness in seconds and be brain dead within minutes, all without any stress at all.

It's all starting to make sense now.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 11:00 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(12-01-2020, 09:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I was always a fan of Old Sparky. The execution method should fit the crime. In some cases, the more mistakes the better.

(12-01-2020, 09:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: I think firing squad is fine.
Hanging is fine too.
I don't see the point of lethal injection, I never did.  Asking doctors to be involved, when they swore to do no harm.  And the whole idea that pain should be eliminated or else it's cruel, I don't agree.  Excessive pain is cruel.  A few moments of pain as part of avoiding a botched execution is not.
Anyhow, if SCOTUS really thinks we have to eliminate uncertainty and pain, there is a simple and foolproof way to ensure someone dies without feeling any pain: inert gas. The human body has a pain reflex to the absence of air, inability to inhale or exhale, and extreme concentrations of certain gases like CO2. It has no pain reflex to the absence of oxygen.  So if you just put someone in a nitrogen-argon mix, they will faint and lose consciousness in seconds and be brain dead within minutes, all without any stress at all.

It's all starting to make sense now.

That's just referred to as "Saturday Night" by StroudCrowd.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

I think I'd choose firing squad if given the option.

The thing that sucks about a firing squad is only one person has a live round in the chamber, the rest are blanks, allegedly so the person firing the weapon doesn't know it was his bullet that did the deed.

Firing a blank feels a lot different than firing a live round. So, I guess in theory it sounds good to outsiders.. but the reality is the person knows who had the live round. Everyone should have a live round, that way it's a much quicker, guaranteed immediate death.

(12-02-2020, 11:07 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The thing that sucks about a firing squad is only one person has a live round in the chamber, the rest are blanks, allegedly so the person firing the weapon doesn't know it was his bullet that did the deed.

Firing a blank feels a lot different than firing a live round. So, I guess in theory it sounds good to outsiders.. but the reality is the person knows who had the live round. Everyone should have a live round, that way it's a much quicker, guaranteed immediate death.

I believe you have that opposite. Only one rifle has a blank.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2020, 11:17 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(12-02-2020, 11:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 11:07 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The thing that sucks about a firing squad is only one person has a live round in the chamber, the rest are blanks, allegedly so the person firing the weapon doesn't know it was his bullet that did the deed.

I believe you have that opposite. Only one rifle has a blank.

If that's true... it's even dumber. What's the point of that? So one person doesn't feel the guilt? Or is the idea that any of them could have had the blank so all guilt is alleviated? Funny stuff.

Recoil isn't just from the gunpowder being ignited, it's from the projectile leaving the rifle causing more concentrated gas to be released behind it. It makes more recoil, and is obvious to anyone with firearms experience - which I assume is what they'd use for a firing squad.

(12-02-2020, 11:14 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 11:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I believe you have that opposite. Only one rifle has a blank.

If that's true... it's even dumber. What's the point of that? So one person doesn't feel the guilt?

It’s not like they’re forcing anyone to do it.

(12-02-2020, 11:14 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 11:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I believe you have that opposite. Only one rifle has a blank.

If that's true... it's even dumber. What's the point of that? So one person doesn't feel the guilt?

No, you have the illusion of innocence. No one knows who had the blank so all of them can believe it was himself.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-02-2020, 11:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 11:14 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: If that's true... it's even dumber. What's the point of that? So one person doesn't feel the guilt?

No, you have the illusion of innocence. No one knows who had the blank so all of them can believe it was himself.

A somewhat useful tact when using non-volunteers to do the deed. 

Probably a disappointment for anyone volunteering.

(12-02-2020, 11:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 11:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, you have the illusion of innocence. No one knows who had the blank so all of them can believe it was himself.

Solution? Ask the family members of the victim if they want to be on the firing squad.

(12-02-2020, 11:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, you have the illusion of innocence. No one knows who had the blank so all of them can believe it was himself.

Modern accuracy makes it difficult to keep the plausible deniability. Plus I'd aim for the forehead after asking for a regular load.

(12-02-2020, 11:28 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 11:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A somewhat useful tact when using non-volunteers to do the deed. 

Solution? Ask the family members of the victim if they want to be on the firing squad.

You'd have 6 hits, none lethal.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-02-2020, 11:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 11:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A somewhat useful tact when using non-volunteers to do the deed. 

Modern accuracy makes it difficult to keep the plausible deniability. Plus I'd aim for the forehead after asking for a regular load.

(12-02-2020, 11:28 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Solution? Ask the family members of the victim if they want to be on the firing squad.

If you wait long enough sure it would be Smile

Not sure id want the death penalty in a so called corrupt state.

Deep state might set you up for all the Trump loving

(12-02-2020, 05:26 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Not sure id want the death penalty in a so called corrupt state.

I don't think you'd want the death penalty anywhere.

(12-02-2020, 05:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 05:26 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Not sure id want the death penalty in a so called corrupt state.

I don't think you'd want the death penalty anywhere.

What can I say, maybe I have strong Christian values?

(12-02-2020, 11:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

(12-02-2020, 11:28 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Solution? Ask the family members of the victim if they want to be on the firing squad.

6 hits is to many.  Much more fun with just one round.........in a revolver of course.

Spin the cylinder, then.........click.  

"Guess it wasn't that one.  Let's try again."  Click.

"0 for 2.  You wanna a cigarette before we try again?"  Click

"Wow, I really thought that was the one.  Should I spin it again or just pull the trigger?"  Click.

"Four in a row!  You might make it all the way to 6.  Nobody's ever made it to 6 before.  Tell you what, if you make past the next one, you're free to go."  Bang.

"Sorry dude, it's a 5 shot revolver."
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-02-2020, 07:53 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 05:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't think you'd want the death penalty anywhere.

What can I say, maybe I have strong Christian values?

Doubtful.