Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew lovers> He still looked bad.

(12-28-2020, 06:15 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 06:07 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I actually think that’s likely as well.

Becton and Sewell (I guess Becton at RT?). Then load up on skill players.

Sure... or a trade down scenario where some team wants Fields or Wilson bad enough to move And stockpile picks.
I’ve heard 49ers want Wilson and may try to trade up. 

Shannahan with Wilson? Would be really good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-28-2020, 03:33 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'd love him to stick around as the backup. I think he will be at least next year since he still has a year left, but beyond that I have my doubts. He'll get a starting chance somewhere else.

I could see him getting traded to another team. Or if he ends up sticking around for the duration of his contract moving on to another team afterwards. 

I could see him on various teams including the Patriots. They really don't have a sound answer at QB right now. Cam started out well but things went downhill. And they are good enough not to get a super high draft pick for a QB. I think Gardner could fit well there and other teams like the Saints, Steelers, etc... Some people have suggested the Washington Football team as well especially with Haskins now being cut.

I do think that Gardner could succeed in a much better situation with better coaching and a more complete team. (Like a team that has a better defense than what the Jags had this year).

(12-28-2020, 06:50 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 03:33 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'd love him to stick around as the backup. I think he will be at least next year since he still has a year left, but beyond that I have my doubts. He'll get a starting chance somewhere else.

I could see him getting traded to another team. Or if he ends up sticking around for the duration of his contract moving on to another team afterwards. 

I could see him on various teams including the Patriots. They really don't have a sound answer at QB right now. Cam started out well but things went downhill. And they are good enough not to get a super high draft pick for a QB. I think Gardner could fit well there and other teams like the Saints, Steelers, etc... Some people have suggested the Washington Football team as well especially with Haskins now being cut.

I do think that Gardner could succeed in a much better situation with better coaching and a more complete team. (Like a team that has a better defense than what the Jags had this year).

The only problem I'd have with Minshew to NE, is that I still love Minshew and want him to succeed wherever he goes. And my hatred for NE runs deep. Almost as deep as TN.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 09:52 PM by rpr52121.)

(12-28-2020, 06:50 PM)mal234 Wrote:

It really depends on who the HC and OC are next year. With a rookie QB likely starting game 1, you really need a veteran back up who preferably familiar with that offensive scheme and system.

Minshew definitely has positives, but the most important thing is ensuring TL's development and growth. Especially in season 1. He could be that guy, especially if there is no vet who meets the above criteria. I don't see Minshew causing any issues in the QB room or being a bad teammate. But the team and other players may prefer a cleaner slate since they already know his deficiencies. 

Minshew will probably have a long career bouncing between elite back up for a good team and serviceable starter for a bad team, sort of like Teddy Bridgewater, Case Keenum, and Tyrod Taylor..

(12-28-2020, 06:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 05:01 PM)Kane Wrote: For some reason I think the Jets will pass on QB and try to fix the Darnold situation. 
And I'm only thinking Wilson to the WFT if they miss the playoffs and give up the East to Dallas (losing next week and Dallas winning) should put WFT in top ten?

Agreed, draft Sewell and draft either Etienne or Harris as well and you have you book end tackles along with a moster run game and can use the PA to open up the pass game.

You gave up on Perine pretty quick. You were, unsurprisingly, awfully high on him last draft.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 09:20 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-28-2020, 09:10 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 06:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, draft Sewell and draft either Etienne or Harris as well and you have you book end tackles along with a moster run game and can use the PA to open up the pass game.

You gave up on Perine pretty quick. You were, unsurprisingly, awfully high on him last draft.

I wouldn't let go of Perine but he isnt as good as Harris or Etienne who are both elite backs.  Honestly if either of them are sitting there in the 2nd i wouldnt be against us getting on of them.  We need another good back with JRob

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 11:43 PM by mal234.)

(12-28-2020, 06:57 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 06:50 PM)mal234 Wrote: I could see him getting traded to another team. Or if he ends up sticking around for the duration of his contract moving on to another team afterwards. 

The only problem I'd have with Minshew to NE, is that I still love Minshew and want him to succeed wherever he goes. And my hatred for NE runs deep. Almost as deep as TN.

I want Minshew to succeed wherever he goes too, though I understand that you don't like the Patriots. Speaking of the Patriots they are looking rough tonight, lol. Look at how angry Bill Belichick is:

Bleacher Report on Twitter: "Bill Belichick has had ENOUGH. (via @NFLBrasil) https://t.co/jS4KqBE9To" / Twitter

Cam has performed poorly tonight (and has struggled throughout much of this season) and now Jared Stidham is in. I could see them taking a chance on Gardner, because he's young and cheap and competent. I would be interested in seeing how Belichick/Josh McDaniels could develop him. I think they could possibly maximize his potential and that the Patriots could be competitive/win games with him.

Other teams I could see Gardner going to are the Steelers/Saints (teams with aging QB's that could need a starter in a little while). Also maybe the Washington Football team now that Dwayne Haskins has been cut (though I'm not sure what will happen with Alex Smith) I had thought maybe the 49ers as well given that Jimmy G has a history of getting injured. But they do have Nick Mullens, who I think is a good backup and they have also now signed Josh Rosen and I wonder how Shanahan may develop him. I've also seen people suggest Gardner going to the Broncos and competing with Drew Lock as well as some other suggestions.

What's going to happen is that Belichick and the Pats will draft a QB like Trey Lance, Mac Jones, or Kyle Trask (if he gets close to their pick).

100% certain.

We can't afford to have a QB controversy if TL struggles early.  Ditch Minshew and bring in a veteran who is happy to be a backup / mentor.

(12-28-2020, 06:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 06:15 PM)Kane Wrote: Sure... or a trade down scenario where some team wants Fields or Wilson bad enough to move And stockpile picks.
I’ve heard 49ers want Wilson and may try to trade up. 

Shannahan with Wilson? Would be really good.

I know we can't pass on Lawrence, but man do I really, really like Wilson. I think he is going to be franchise a QB for a long time for some lucky team that he falls to. I think the 9ers would be a great fit and that would make my buddy happy as he is a huge 9ers fan.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-29-2020, 03:28 AM)captivating Wrote:

100% certain.

We can't afford to have a QB controversy if TL struggles early.  Ditch Minshew and bring in a veteran who is happy to be a backup / mentor.

QB controversy?  This can't be serious...right?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-29-2020, 09:14 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 03:28 AM)captivating Wrote: 100% certain.

QB controversy?  This can't be serious...right?
Lol not a chance.

Minshew is vastly overrated by this board. He’ll make a great backup for Trevor for 8 years.