Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s next for Watson?

(02-03-2021, 06:42 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 06:36 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I think this is mostly likely at this point. The lions set the bar ridiculously high. If they pulled two 1s for Stafford then Watson will obviously pull that and some. The only things working against the Texans are the contract and time. If they are going move him it will have to be soon.

Uh... we pulled two first rounders for a CB.

and the order of importance is and always has been:

QB, LT, DT, DE, CB

DE and DT are interchangeable depending on scheme.

I’m not going to argue the importance of a position. But I wouldn’t compare Ramsey to this. He was still in a rookie deal. Us hauling 2 first round picks wasn’t a surprise for that. For Watson, you have a 120 mil against the cap and a disgruntled diva who had one of the best wr’s in the league for a good portion of his rookie contract. You can argue he is a franchise player all day but some will still say he is overrated all things considering.

But Stafford pulling that is ridiculous because of his age. I understood a lot of the trade was the lions also eating the contract of Goff. But You don’t have to act like people are stupid for not thinking he is worth what he yielded. It’s a debatable point.

I think in this case you take teams like the saints out of the equation because of the contract alone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-03-2021, 06:52 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 06:42 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Uh... we pulled two first rounders for a CB.

and the order of importance is and always has been:

QB, LT, DT, DE, CB

DE and DT are interchangeable depending on scheme.

I’m not going to argue the importance of a position. But I wouldn’t compare Ramsey to this. He was still in a rookie deal. Us hauling 2 first round picks wasn’t a surprise for that. For Watson, you have a 120 mil against the cap and a disgruntled diva who had one of the best wr’s in the league for a good portion of his rookie contract. You can argue he is a franchise player all day but some will still say he is overrated all things considering.

But Stafford pulling that is ridiculous because of his age. I understood a lot of the trade was the lions also eating the contract of Goff. But You don’t have to act like people are stupid for not thinking he is worth what he yielded. It’s a debatable point.

I think in this case you take teams like the saints out of the equation because of the contract alone.

I'm honestly not acting like people are stupid.. Seriously

The league has changed... if a top 5 (not top 3) CB can get 2 1sts, a "franchise QB" should get a lot more.

That's all.

(02-02-2021, 11:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 08:18 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I certainly see your point but in today's NFL where GM's and HC's may only get 2-3 seasons to win, why worry about future picks and cap you may not be around to use. I could easily see one of those teams that are close, like the Bears, go all in and try and get Watson while they still have a SB window. 

You are definitely right about risking all that on a players attitude and how they are acting but like I said before, players like Ramsey and Yan and Bell have been a problem, but they got what they wanted. If players think all it takes is them being a nuisance and the team will let them go then that's what theyll do sadly.

One way to counteract that would be for prospective teams to sign them on with performance-heavy contracts. If they want to run their diva mouths to get out of one contract, then they better be able to back it up with some diva play to earn another.

Oh I agree with you, but I'm waiting to see if this becomes a player vs team fight. If Watson says I'm done and not reporting and Houston say they wont trade him, someone has to compromise. I worry players see LeBron do it in the NBA and think they can too. The NFL is still old school in that regard. You play your contract. If you want to leave then go when your contracts up. 

I agree from a franchise standpoint the bonuses would work but if you have 3 or 4 teams fighting for a guy, a player will take the guaranteed cash. I wonder if we will see more players signing 2-3 year deals and sort of betting on themselves to earn a better contract next time. Big risk tho.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2021, 08:54 PM by Tank Commander.)

(02-03-2021, 06:55 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 06:52 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I’m not going to argue the importance of a position. But I wouldn’t compare Ramsey to this. He was still in a rookie deal. Us hauling 2 first round picks wasn’t a surprise for that. For Watson, you have a 120 mil against the cap and a disgruntled diva who had one of the best wr’s in the league for a good portion of his rookie contract. You can argue he is a franchise player all day but some will still say he is overrated all things considering.

I'm honestly not acting like people are stupid.. Seriously

The league has changed... if a top 5 (not top 3) CB can get 2 1sts, a "franchise QB" should get a lot more.

That's all.

Expect Watson is no more a "franchise QB" than Scott Mitchell was a "franchise QB."

He runs a 4.68 40. That's a super slow defensive back. Cam Newton, a much bigger guy ran a 4.59
His 3 cone is good 6.95 but not elite. Tim Tebow, another bigger guy a 6.66.
The best you can say is he is mobile QB but he's not lighting fast or super athletic..

He's of slightly below average size for an NFL QB.

And been able to put garbage stats on a bad team.

Plus suffered a major injury.

He does have elite wing span though at 81 inches (Wing span of someone who is 6 foot 9)

There's so many questions marks about him that it's a gamble to assume you are trading for a "franchise QB".  He could easily be garbage after trading the farm for him.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2021, 09:23 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-05-2021, 08:50 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 06:55 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I'm honestly not acting like people are stupid.. Seriously

That's all.

Expect Watson is no more a "franchise QB" than Scott Mitchell was a "franchise QB."

He runs a 4.68 40. That's a super slow defensive back. Cam Newton, a much bigger guy ran a 4.59
The best you can say is he is mobile QB but he's not lighting fast or super athletic..

He does have elite wing span though at 81 inches (Wing span of someone who is 6 foot 9)

There's so many questions marks about him that it's a gamble to assume you are trading for a "franchise QB".  He could easily be garbage after trading the farm for him.

Good grief.  What were Brady's and Manning's measureables?  They must suck.  What a bunch of bull [BLEEP] stats to cite to try and 'prove' something about a QB.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-05-2021, 09:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 08:50 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Expect Watson is no more a "franchise QB" than Scott Mitchell was a "franchise QB."

Good grief.  What were Brady's and Manning's measureables?  They must suck.  What a bunch of bull [BLEEP] stats to cite to try and 'prove' something about a QB.

You could literarily make your argument for every signal QB.  Measurablesables don't matter, harumph!

And your examples are flawed anyway since Manning hit alot of the measurables with elite size (for the 1990s) and above average arm strength, could make all the throws.  Not sure why you are using a once in a life time QB prospect like Peyton as an example of an underdog. lol.

Brady has above average height, the rest, well everyone missed on.  He's a Joe Montana like freak. But he was good right away.  Wasn't losing and racking up garbage stats on losing teams like Scott Mitchell and Watson.

(02-17-2021, 11:02 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 09:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Good grief.  What were Brady's and Manning's measureables?  They must suck.  What a bunch of bull [BLEEP] stats to cite to try and 'prove' something about a QB.

You could literarily make your argument for every signal QB.  Measurablesables don't matter, harumph!

And your examples are flawed anyway since Manning hit alot of the measurables with elite size (for the 1990s) and above average arm strength, could make all the throws.  Not sure why you are using a once in a life time QB prospect like Peyton as an example of an underdog. lol.

Brady has above average height, the rest, well everyone missed on.  He's a Joe Montana like freak. But he was good right away.  Wasn't losing and racking up garbage stats on losing teams like Scott Mitchell and Watson.

Blah, blah, blah.  It took you that long to come up with that [BLEEP] analyis.  You're quoting speed for a quarterback.  It's really, really, dumb.

(02-18-2021, 09:34 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 11:02 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: You could literarily make your argument for every signal QB.  Measurablesables don't matter, harumph!

Blah, blah, blah.  It took you that long to come up with that [BLEEP] analyis.  You're quoting speed for a quarterback.  It's really, really, dumb.

It's not "dumb". Lamar Jackson has 4.2 speed.  Makes a big difference when a QB has 4.4 or below speed.

With Watson, nothing really stands out about him except his wingspan (which might be great in basketball but not for an NFL QB)

Not sure where the love fest for Watson is coming from. I think he's a solid QB but not a top 5 generational talent. Certainly wouldn't give up the farm to get him.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 09:11 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-18-2021, 08:59 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 09:34 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Blah, blah, blah.  It took you that long to come up with that [BLEEP] analyis.  You're quoting speed for a quarterback.  It's really, really, dumb.

It's not "dumb". Lamar Jackson has 4.2 speed.  Makes a big difference when a QB has 4.4 or below speed.

With Watson, nothing really stands out about him except his wingspan (which might be great in basketball but not for an NFL QB)

Not sure where the love fest for Watson is coming from. I think he's a solid QB but not a top 5 generational talent. Certainly wouldn't give up the farm to get him.

Here's a secret for you.  A quarterback's primary responsibility is to throw the ball.  Good grief.  And if you think Jackson is better than Watson.  Wow.  He gets exposed as a very average quarterback when forced to actually play the position and not be a glorified running back.

(02-18-2021, 09:10 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 08:59 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: It's not "dumb". Lamar Jackson has 4.2 speed.  Makes a big difference when a QB has 4.4 or below speed.

Here's a secret for you.  A quarterback's primary responsibility is to throw the ball.  Good grief.  And if you think Jackson is better than Watson.  Wow.  He gets exposed as a very average quarterback when forced to actually play the position on not be a glorified running back.

Never said that.  You were talking about speed.  Watson is slow. Gets sacked alot.

And has not won at this level while putting up garbage time stats.

Nice player, just wouldn't sell the farm for a guy who isn't a generational player and has already had a major injury.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 10:08 AM by RicoTx.)

(02-18-2021, 09:14 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 09:10 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Here's a secret for you.  A quarterback's primary responsibility is to throw the ball.  Good grief.  And if you think Jackson is better than Watson.  Wow.  He gets exposed as a very average quarterback when forced to actually play the position on not be a glorified running back.

Never said that.  You were talking about speed.  Watson is slow. Gets sacked alot.

Nice player, just wouldn't sell the farm for a guy who isn't a generational player and has already had a major injury.

LOL.  What the hell are you talking about?  You brought up speed as some sort of defining factor.  And the fact that you say he puts up garbage time stats proves how clueless you are.  You really need to get a grip on reality.  The only year he MAY have put up any garbage time stats was this past year when they had zero talent at WR.  An injury he had a couple of years ago means exactly what?  Has not won at this level?  And to compare him to Scott Mitchell...what a joke.

(02-18-2021, 09:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 09:14 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Never said that.  You were talking about speed.  Watson is slow. Gets sacked alot.

LOL.  What the hell are you talking about?  You brought up speed as some sort of defining factor.  And the fact that you say he puts up garbage time stats proves how clueless you are.  You really need to get a grip on reality.  The only year he MAY have put up any garbage time stats was this past year when they had zero talent at WR.  He had a couple of years ago means exactly what?  Has not won at this level?  And to compare him to Scott Mitchell...what a joke.

Let's watch and see what happens to him.
I think he will be an OK QB but nothing special.
Certainly wouldn't sell the farm to get him.

We will find out who is right in a couple years.

(02-18-2021, 09:14 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 09:10 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Here's a secret for you.  A quarterback's primary responsibility is to throw the ball.  Good grief.  And if you think Jackson is better than Watson.  Wow.  He gets exposed as a very average quarterback when forced to actually play the position on not be a glorified running back.

Calling BS on this. Go back through the thread. Your very first post dropped his 40 time, unsolicited. It's your pet stat, and you're unwilling to detach from it, regardless of its irrelevance.

I am not drafting or trading for any QB based on a 40 time. If that's your biggest critique of a QB, that's not a very convincing argument.

Please show me a QB who wins while putting up garbage time stats.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 10:09 AM by RicoTx.)

(02-18-2021, 09:37 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 09:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote: LOL.  What the hell are you talking about?  You brought up speed as some sort of defining factor.  And the fact that you say he puts up garbage time stats proves how clueless you are.  You really need to get a grip on reality.  The only year he MAY have put up any garbage time stats was this past year when they had zero talent at WR.  He had a couple of years ago means exactly what?  Has not won at this level?  And to compare him to Scott Mitchell...what a joke.

Let's watch and see what happens to him.

I never said I wanted him.  See who is right?  Hell, half of your observations are flat-out wrong which is what I have been pointing out.  You're making up [BLEEP] to support your flawed observation.

(02-19-2021, 10:07 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 09:37 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Let's watch and see what happens to him.

I never said I wanted him.  See who is right?  Hell, half of your observations are flat-out wrong which is what I have been pointing out.  You're making up [BLEEP] to support your flawed observation.

We shall see.

If Watson makes the HOF then I'll eat crow.
If Watson doesn't make the HOF then you eat crow.

(02-19-2021, 10:59 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:07 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I never said I wanted him.  See who is right?  Hell, half of your observations are flat-out wrong which is what I have been pointing out.  You're making up [BLEEP] to support your flawed observation.

We shall see.

Good God.  Here you go again just changing parameters and making [BLEEP] up, that I never once implied, to support whatever point you're trying to make.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2021, 11:07 AM by Tank Commander.)

(02-19-2021, 09:45 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 09:14 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Never said that.  You were talking about speed.  Watson is slow. Gets sacked alot.

Calling BS on this. Go back through the thread. Your very first post dropped his 40 time, unsolicited. It's your pet stat, and you're unwilling to detach from it, regardless of its irrelevance.

I am not drafting or trading for any QB based on a 40 time. If that's your biggest critique of a QB, that's not a very convincing argument.

Wrong.

My "Pet stat" is 3 Cone.

40 times and mobility are important. That's the reality of the dual threat QB. You can't put your blinders on and say that the dual threat QB doesn't have it's place in the NFL as Steve Young, Mike Vick, Lamar Jackson have shown. It's one factor that you have to consider within the totality of factors.

Watson was sacked 49 times this year.  62 in 2018.
This indicates a guy who isn't fast enough or agile enough to avoid the rush and/or holds on to the ball too long and doesn't have great pro style pocket passer awareness.

Like I said from the beginning, I don't think Watson is a bad QB, I think he's good but to me he is not an elite, generational, HOF type QB.
And I would not trade 3 #1s and two starters for such a QB.

(02-19-2021, 11:03 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 10:59 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: We shall see.

Good God.  Here you go again just changing parameters and making [BLEEP] up, that I never once implied, to support whatever point you're trying to make.

I thought you said he was an elite QB, Top 5, worthy of having the farm traded for?

Is this incorrect?

(02-19-2021, 11:06 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 09:45 AM)Mikey Wrote: Calling BS on this. Go back through the thread. Your very first post dropped his 40 time, unsolicited. It's your pet stat, and you're unwilling to detach from it, regardless of its irrelevance.

Wrong.

My "Pet stat" is 3 Cone.

40 times and mobility are important. That's the reality of the dual threat QB. You can't put your blinders on and say that the dual threat QB doesn't have it's place in the NFL as Steve Young, Mike Vick, Lamar Jackson have shown. It's one factor that you have to consider within the totality of factors.

This indicates a guy who isn't fast enough or agile enough to avoid the rush and/or holds on to the ball too long and doesn't have great pro style pocket passer awareness.

Like I said from the beginning, I don't think Watson is a bad QB, I think he's good but to me he is not an elite, generational, HOF type QB.

(02-19-2021, 11:03 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Good God.  Here you go again just changing parameters and making [BLEEP] up, that I never once implied, to support whatever point you're trying to make.

I thought you said he was an elite QB, Top 5, worthy of having the farm traded for?

Is this incorrect?

Are you incapable of looking back to see that I never said anything like that?

(02-19-2021, 11:29 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 11:06 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Wrong.

My "Pet stat" is 3 Cone.

Is this incorrect?

Are you incapable of looking back to see that I never said anything like that?

So we're basically in agreement that he isn't a top 5, elite QB or generational talent?

Then why are we arguing?

(02-19-2021, 11:30 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 11:29 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Are you incapable of looking back to see that I never said anything like that?

So we're basically in agreement that he isn't a top 5, elite QB or generational talent?

Then why are we arguing?

Because of your many other ridiculous statements.