Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s next for Watson?

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 08:56 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-28-2021, 08:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 05:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: When is it that teams don't honor contracts?

When they cut a guy, before his contract is over. They aren't honoring the length of the deal.

Bull [BLEEP].  As long as they are paying him the GUARANTEED part of the contract they are honoring the deal.  And I would bet that there is language in every contract that says such.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 09:40 AM by Mikey.)

(02-27-2021, 10:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 08:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Knowing what I know about what is going on with the Texans, I don't blame the guy at all.  That is a sinking ship and he would waste his career there.

Agreed. It's hard to comprehend how one guy (Jack Easterby) can totally blow up, what started to become a good franchise. Until they cut the "cancer" out of the front office, they are gonna continue to be a terrible organization.

DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS, GUYS

Keep up the good work, tinhorns! Patriot way is working out like a charm!!

(02-27-2021, 08:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'd have so much respect for Houston if they stood their ground and forced his hand on this one. Someone has to take a stand against these situations.

That's the spirit! Pay attention, tinhorns! The recipe for success is right here. Let Watson sit out the season! Won't cost you anything if he sits out, heck you can even fine him and bring in some added revenue!

What's that? Nobody wants to play there? Oh, well good thing you have a stockpile of draft picks! Oh, wait, nevermind.

(02-28-2021, 08:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 05:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: When is it that teams don't honor contracts?

When they cut a guy, before his contract is over. They aren't honoring the length of the deal.

So the alternative, cut the non-guaranteed years from a deal, and the teams offer less in signing bonus because proration is greater for the fewer years on the deal?

I highly doubt any player at this stage has any assumptions about those end-of-contract years. Both sides of that deal know what is going on.

It's basically allowing the team the option to renew/keep the player on the team for a year or two after the guaranteed portion of the deal is fully paid.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...9q1ng0y0oo

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021, 09:07 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-03-2021, 08:56 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...9q1ng0y0oo

If I was accepting first round picks in trade, I would make them conditional first round picks.  I would stipulate that I would accept a top-15 pick, or if the pick falls later than that, I would get extra picks.  I say that because there's a lot of talk about various trade scenarios, involving a first round pick or picks, but there is so much difference between pick 5 and pick 25, it's not the same thing.

So, for example, if I was the Texans, I would say I would take the Bears' first round picks in 2021, 2022, and 2023, but if the first round pick in 2022 falls later than pick 15, I would specify an extra pick in 2022.  Same thing in 2023.  

There's so much difference between pick 5 and pick 25, that saying "first round pick" would be way too vague for me.

"I'll give you 3 Jalen Ramseys" is very different from saying "I'll give you 3 Tavin Bryans."

(03-03-2021, 08:56 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...9q1ng0y0oo

Really love when journalists covering the league don't understand how the cap works.

Uh, the Bears wouldn't be taking a 16M hit to trade for him this year. I kinda glazed over everything else after that. It's not like there's articles out there that have already addressed this, or even a site that lists all this information for you.

Frankly, I think the bargaining chip the team who trades for him can use is saving the tinhorns from the $35M cap albatross that comes in 2022. And let's not fool ourselves, Watson basically going public saying he refuses to play for them has crippled their ability to play hardball at the negotiating table.

Birds of a feather flock together. I think Watson's ordeal is way worse than Rasmeys. Talk about no integrity whatsoever. That's why no one gives a [BLEEP] about sports anymore. Bunch of overpaid meatheads parroting political ideology all the while holding a me first personality...no thanks!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Being sued now

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/16/deshaun-w...legations/

(03-17-2021, 12:56 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Being sued now

It gets worse for Houston.

Such a PR nightmare, even if short lived, will only suppress his trade value.

This guy will do anything to get out of Houston.

I believe her.

Imagine trading Tua or Darnold/#2 overall, 3 #1 picks and two starters for this clown. Dolphins, Jets and a bunch of other teams dodged a bullet.

(03-17-2021, 10:07 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Imagine trading Tua or Darnold/#2 overall, 3 #1 picks and two starters for this clown. Dolphins, Jets and a bunch of other teams dodged a bullet.

so guilty until proven innocent?

anyone can file a suit.

(03-17-2021, 12:41 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 10:07 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Imagine trading Tua or Darnold/#2 overall, 3 #1 picks and two starters for this clown. Dolphins, Jets and a bunch of other teams dodged a bullet.

so guilty until proven innocent?

anyone can file a suit.

His measurables probably point to him being guilty...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

If the Texans FO plays hardball, could Deshawn Watson essentially pull a Telvin Smith?

I get that Telvin left more so for personal/mental health reasons but bad blood was also part of it, but that seems like an option.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2021, 02:17 PM by FabianLF.)

Watson is just digging a deeper hole for himself.

(03-17-2021, 01:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 12:41 PM)Mikey Wrote: so guilty until proven innocent?

anyone can file a suit.

His measurables probably point to him being guilty...

Yeah, slow 4.66 40. Won't be able to escape this one.

(03-17-2021, 01:52 PM)FabianLF Wrote:

Watson is just digging a deeper hole for himself.

Per PFT, there are four plaintiffs against Watson.

(03-17-2021, 09:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 01:52 PM)FabianLF Wrote: Watson is just digging a deeper hole for himself.

And people were gonna trade the farm for this diva.

(03-17-2021, 09:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 01:52 PM)FabianLF Wrote: Watson is just digging a deeper hole for himself.

I want to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but the more that surfaces, the worse it looks. You would think an attorney who is filing these cases understands the gravity of the defamation of character lawsuits that would follow this if these are “baseless claims”. I mean you are talking about a guy who is in the public spotlight with 9 figure contract. 

But Now that he has gone public denying this, there really can’t be a settlement without a semi admission of guilt the public would inevitably see. This is going to get ugly.