Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Agent wish list

It will stop you from drafting an OT for the right side if you traded the pick to get Brown.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-11-2021, 12:43 AM)Upper Wrote: It will stop you from drafting an OT for the right side if you traded the pick to get Brown.

You still have pick #33, so you just have to wait and see who is available there. If my top guys are gone though, I wait until the 5th round or later and bring in a lesser known guy that has a lot of upside like Jaylon Moore of Western Michigan, Kayode Awosika of Buffalo or Donavaughn Campbell of La. Tech and hope they can be an upgrade over Taylor. I'm not expecting to  fill every need in this draft. If I go into next season with one major upgrade at the LT position. I'm fine with that. I'd love to upgrade both spots, but getting a young, franchise LT like Brown to protect Lawrence's blindside would be a Godsend.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 05:30 AM by Predator.)

Brown is the type of guy a rebuilding team throws money at not Williams.

24 year old pro bowler. This is the guy that can help you now and be a core player after the rebuild.

This is a guy that makes sense to even trade for.

I really don't think we need to be rebuilding for long if at all. Players are going to want to come play for Urban and Tlaw and all of the advantages that Florida has. We should be able to get like 4 quality starters from FA and then hopefully another one or two instant impact guys with our other 3 top 50 picks.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 07:23 AM by Predator.)

(02-11-2021, 05:47 AM)Upper Wrote: I really don't think we need to be rebuilding for long if at all. Players are going to want to come play for Urban and Tlaw and all of the advantages that Florida has. We should be able to get like 4 quality starters from FA and then hopefully another one or two instant impact guys with our other 3 top 50 picks.

Brown is the type of guy who would help shorten the process.

Young and talented. Fits in with where our roster needs to go for a proper rebuild.

(02-11-2021, 07:22 AM)Predator Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 05:47 AM)Upper Wrote: I really don't think we need to be rebuilding for long if at all. Players are going to want to come play for Urban and Tlaw and all of the advantages that Florida has. We should be able to get like 4 quality starters from FA and then hopefully another one or two instant impact guys with our other 3 top 50 picks.

Brown is the type of guy who would help shorten the process.

Young and talented. Fits in with where our roster needs to go for a proper rebuild.

Urban won't have the mind set that we are in a rebuild.  We are going for the division this year.  Williams and Brown both make a ton of sense, the 2 best options

Rebuild is for the defense. The offense mostly need a good qb. Sure, some players are weaker than others but the offense would have been above average with a decent qb last year.

(02-10-2021, 05:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 12:37 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Rapoport is saying Orlando Brown wants out of Baltimore and to a team that’ll play him at LT.

I’d easily throw our 25th at them for Brown.

From what I just read, they are seeking something like a 1st and 3rd round pick. If they would accept the #25 pick this year and a 2022 3rd rounder, I'd definitely do that.

Without hesitation.

We're going to get a star QB. Now we need to protect his blindside. We can't ruin a prospect like Lawrence like the Texans did with Carr.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 02:07 PM by TheDuke007.)

(02-11-2021, 05:27 AM)Predator Wrote: Brown is the type of guy a rebuilding team throws money at not Williams.

I think that you have been listening to Dave Caldwell too much.  You appear to be under the impression that a rebuild takes many years.  NFL stands for Not For Long.  Teams can quickly turn it around in the NFL and the Jaguars, in particular, are very well positioned to do so.  

One thing that can slow down a rebuild is a bad salary cap situation.  That doesn't apply here.  It's actually the opposite.  As of right now, not only do they not have a problem, but they are the team farthest under the salary cap and have virtually no dead money.  We don't need another 1 to 2 years to clear the cap like many so called "rebuilding" teams.  It's already done here.

Second, the lack of ability to obtain a franchise quarterback can also hamper a rebuild.  Sometimes teams aren't drafting high enough to get a top quality quarterback or it's a draft when none are available.  While there's always some risk to any draft pick, Trevor Lawrence is the closest thing to a sure thing at quarterback in years.

Third, the draft is also key to rebuilding.  Not only have the Jaguars not traded away future picks which sometimes holds back a rebuild, but we have a ton of extra picks.  With extra picks in the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th rounds, it's almost like we are getting two years worth of draft picks at once.  That speeds up the rebuild.

The way I look at is that with our salary cap position, we should be able to get at least 3 quality starters and maybe more in free agency.  I also always consider 1st and 2nd picks to be starting talent.  We also have the very top pick in the third round which should be considered too.  With two first rounders, two second rounders and the top pick in the third round, that's potential for 5 new starters.  Add that to the 3 free agents and we're looking at 8 new starters.  That even assumes that we don't find a diamond in the rough with all of our late round picks or that some young player (Bartch, etc.) doesn't develop and win a starting role.  Keep in mind that these aren't just 8 random positions.  We can basically go in and upgrade the 8 weakest positions on the team.  You then mix our new players with 4 former pro-bowlers, James Robinson who should have made the pro-bowl, Myles Jack who arguably also should have made the pro-bowl plus young talent such as a top 10 cornerback in C.J. Henderson and early second rounder Shenault, etc and you have the makeup of a good starting roster.  Between free agency, the extra late draft picks and first option on waiver wire players, our depth should also be significantly improved.  You also have to factor in that this team incredibly had 16 rookies on their opening day roster last year plus a large number of other young players in prominent roles.  Many of those players will improve with experience.  Hopefully better coaching will also make a difference to the team in 2021.  The bottom line is that this shouldn't be a prolonged rebuild.  I don't think we'll have a great record next year due to the high amount of youth, but there's no reason this team can't be good the following year.  If this team isn't highly competitive for a playoff spot in 2022, the front office did not do its job.

(02-11-2021, 02:03 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 05:27 AM)Predator Wrote: Brown is the type of guy a rebuilding team throws money at not Williams.

I think that you have been listening to Dave Caldwell too much.  You appear to be under the impression that a rebuild takes many years.  NFL stands for Not For Long.  Teams can quickly turn it around in the NFL and the Jaguars, in particular, are very well positioned to do so.  

One thing that can slow down a rebuild is a bad salary cap situation.  That doesn't apply here.  It's actually the opposite.  As of right now, not only do they not have a problem, but they are the team farthest under the salary cap and have virtually no dead money.  We don't need another 1 to 2 years to clear the cap like many so called "rebuilding" teams.  It's already done here.

Second, the lack of ability to obtain a franchise quarterback can also hamper a rebuild.  Sometimes teams aren't drafting high enough to get a top quality quarterback or it's a draft when none are available.  While there's always some risk to any draft pick, Trevor Lawrence is the closest thing to a sure thing at quarterback in years.

Third, the draft is also key to rebuilding.  Not only have the Jaguars not traded away future picks which sometimes holds back a rebuild, but we have a ton of extra picks.  With extra picks in the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th rounds, it's almost like we are getting two years worth of draft picks at once.  That speeds up the rebuild.

The way I look at is that with our salary cap position, we should be able to get at least 3 quality starters and maybe more in free agency.  I also always consider 1st and 2nd picks to be starting talent.  We also have the very top pick in the third round which should be considered too.  With two first rounders, two second rounders and the top pick in the third round, that's potential for 5 new starters.  Add that to the 3 free agents and we're looking at 8 new starters.  That even assumes that we don't find a diamond in the rough with all of our late round picks or that some young player (Bartch, etc.) doesn't develop and win a starting role.  Keep in mind that these aren't just 8 random positions.  We can basically go in and upgrade the 8 weakest positions on the team.  You then mix our new players with 4 former pro-bowlers, James Robinson who should have made the pro-bowl, Myles Jack who arguably also should have made the pro-bowl plus young talent such as a top 10 cornerback in C.J. Henderson and early second rounder Shenault, etc and you have the makeup of a good starting roster.  Between free agency, the extra late draft picks and first option on waiver wire players, our depth should also be significantly improved.  You also have to factor in that this team incredibly had 16 rookies on their opening day roster last year plus a large number of other young players in prominent roles.  Many of those players will improve with experience.  Hopefully better coaching will also make a difference to the team in 2021.  The bottom line is that this shouldn't be a prolonged rebuild.  I don't think we'll have a great record next year due to the high amount of youth, but there's no reason this team can't be good the following year.  If this team isn't highly competitive for a playoff spot in 2022, the front office did not do its job.

TLDR

I am talking about being for signing  24 year old probowler. You are really overthinking this.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 03:18 AM by Eric1.)

(02-12-2021, 02:46 AM)Predator Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 02:03 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I think that you have been listening to Dave Caldwell too much.  You appear to be under the impression that a rebuild takes many years.  NFL stands for Not For Long.  Teams can quickly turn it around in the NFL and the Jaguars, in particular, are very well positioned to do so.  

TLDR

I am talking about being for signing  24 year old probowler. You are really overthinking this.

You're going to have to give up at least one 1st round pick, plus multiple other picks to get Brown and still have to pay him $18m++ per year.

Williams you only have to pay him $18m++ per and call it a day. No draft picks involved.

If they were both FAs, of course you go with the young guy, but this team doesn't need to be giving away multiple day 1-2 draft picks AND top money for 1 player when this team needs help all over the place. We need to keep and use those day 1-2 picks.

People need to.be thankful that Dave didn't draft JJ and Wirfs like we all wanted because if he did we would of won a couple more games and missed out on Trevor. Instead we get Trevor and possibly a couple building blocks on D

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 10:33 AM by snowwolf776.)

Blush clay matthews,jj watt,richard sermon.. Wink I know none of them are free agents.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(02-12-2021, 09:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: People need to.be thankful that Dave didn't draft JJ and Wirfs like we all wanted because if he did we would of won a couple more games and missed out on Trevor.  Instead we get Trevor and possibly a couple building blocks on D

Man... maybe... but I'm not sure those two players actually move the needle that much.
The QB plays just wasn't good this year. Shew regressed a bit and the defense was atrocious at times.

Maybe things are different but I'm not sure by much.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 10:59 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-12-2021, 10:48 AM)Kane Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 09:42 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: People need to.be thankful that Dave didn't draft JJ and Wirfs like we all wanted because if he did we would of won a couple more games and missed out on Trevor.  Instead we get Trevor and possibly a couple building blocks on D

Man... maybe... but I'm not sure those two players actually move the needle that much.
The QB plays just wasn't good this year. Shew regressed a bit and the defense was atrocious at times.

The Titans game we lost by 3, the Browns by 2, the Vikings by a last sec FG.  Those 2 would of made that much of a difference

Alot of those close games ended because of the pressure from the RT position

(02-12-2021, 10:48 AM)Kane Wrote:

One of the big reason is because of the pressure from the tackle positions.  You are saying 2 Pro Bowl caliber players would of made no difference on offense.  Naw, we would of won those 2 games against the Vikings and Browns for sure.  A true number 1 WR and a Pro Bowl caliber RT would be a big upgrade for this offense alone

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 11:11 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I don't think it would've made a difference in our overall record. Our QB play and performance of the secondary was so bad last year and we gave up so many first half points that I don't think a WR and OT would've changed the outcome of last season. It just would've given us 2 nice building blocks for the future.

(02-12-2021, 11:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 10:48 AM)Kane Wrote: Man... maybe... but I'm not sure those two players actually move the needle that much.

One of the big reason is because of the pressure from the tackle positions.  You are saying 2 Pro Bowl caliber players would of made no difference on offense.  Naw, we would of won those 2 games against the Vikings and Browns for sure.  A true number 1 WR and a Pro Bowl caliber RT would be a big upgrade for this offense alone

Justin Jefferson would not have been the player he is now, had he been drafted by us. Not even close. I doubt he would've even been noticed by the national media. We didn't even have QB's who could get him the ball. Pressure or not, our QB play was abysmal all season. I really don't believe those two players would've impacted the overall record.

(02-12-2021, 11:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I don't think it would've made a difference in our overall record. Our QB play and performance of the secondary was so bad last year and we gave up so many first half points that I don't think a WR and OT would've changed the outcome of last season. It just would've given us 2 nice building blocks for the future.

You dont think one of the better RT and WRs in the league can make a difference for an offense?   It makes a huge difference for a team when the RT position was as bad as out was, same with a true number 1 WR.  The RT position is one of the main reasons we lost the Browns and Vikings game.  You are pretty much saying Wirfs don't make a difference, why did you want to draft him.  I want players you can put in and make a difference on a team and JJ and Wirfs are 2 players that would of made our offense better last year where we would of been able to make some of those plays we couldn't make

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 11:30 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-12-2021, 11:07 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

(02-12-2021, 11:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One of the big reason is because of the pressure from the tackle positions.  You are saying 2 Pro Bowl caliber players would of made no difference on offense.  Naw, we would of won those 2 games against the Vikings and Browns for sure.  A true number 1 WR and a Pro Bowl caliber RT would be a big upgrade for this offense alone

Justin Jefferson would not have been the player he is now, had he been drafted by us. Not even close. I doubt he would've even been noticed by the national media. We didn't even have QB's who could get him the ball. Pressure or not, our QB play was abysmal all season. I really don't believe those two players would've impacted the overall record.
One of  the reasons Minshew took a step back is because so did the tackle positions.  There were a number of times where he didn't even have a chance because of the pressure, JJ wouldnt of put up those numbers but he still would of helped the QB position and would of been our best WR regardless

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021, 12:32 PM by snowwolf776.)

JJ watt is leaveing texans,jags should go after him in free agengy. Defense wins champtionships when a team has a franchise qb.  Brady wouldn't of won SB without that defense tampa bay had. 

Bucs would've lost 38-31 if niot for the stout defense. of course Jags still need to build a o-line strong like bucs o-line. Bucs defense won trophy by shuting down KCS offense completly.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.