Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

(03-31-2021, 10:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 11:37 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Like I said...i can be on board with JOK if we were running a 4-3, or if you moved him to safety.

But I'm not sold these hybrid, jack of all trade types work.

Agreed 100%.

(03-31-2021, 11:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 10:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed 100%.

I agree as well, we don't need to draft someone that early without a position.

Add me to the list of those who agree.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we go offensive heavy early with the top 5 picks a dream draft, my dream draft would be.

1. T Law
2. Jenkins
3. Elijah Moore
4. Freiermuth
5. Brown or Davis

Perfect 5 picks are the obvious T Law and then a tight end, safety, linebacker and OL guy in no particular order.

(03-24-2021, 06:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 05:47 PM)Upper Wrote: Sorry, I meant of the non first round guys I was responding to too much too fast. Obviously if Surtain, Waddle, Smith, or Barmore are at 25 I want them.

I mean I don't want Najee, Leatherwood, Brown, or Moses.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense. Was like .... what? lol.

I completely forget about/ignore Surtain, Waddle and Smith when I think about the Bama prospects. Don't see any way they're still on the board at 25. Probably a long shot for Barmore still being there as well.
What makes you think Barmore is a long shot to be there at 25?  Where do you think he goes?

Barmore is firmly in that third tier of players where it wouldn't really shock you if he went anywhere from like 14 to second round. I wouldn't blink an eye if the Vikings, Pats, Bears, or several other teams in the teens took him...also wouldn't be shocked if he was on the board when we picked at 33. That goes for virtually any player in that tier.

(03-03-2021, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 08:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah we know you are a needs drafter.  You want to draft and not draft positions in certain rounds and not the player.  I think WR is down on the list of needs but if you is at the top ofnthe board I really like I'd take him.  If Moore is there in the 3rd he'd be a steal.  He is the next great WR to come out of Ole Miss right behind Brown and Metcalf.  I like Rondale Moore also and I think he can be great but I feel that he does a lot of what we will do with Shenault except he is faster.  I think Elijah is the best WR in the mid part of the field with how smooth his routes are, has good speed and also is great after the catch.  Dude is smooth

Absolutely not. You and I just drastically disagree who should be ranked where. If somehow Ja'Marr Chase or Devonta Smith fell to #25, I'd be all over them, despite my feeling of WR not being a need. I have them both as top 10 players, so they would represent the best value. I just don't see Elijah Moore being that good of a value in round 3. I have several other WR's I like a lot better. I have my WR rankings as such.....

1. Ja'Marr Chase
2. DeVonta Smith
3. Jaylen Waddle
4. Sage Surratt
5. Rashod Bateman
6. Rondale Moore 
7. Terrance Marshall
8. Tylan Wallace
9. Amon-Ra St. Brown
10. Dyami Brown

Elijah Moore would be slotted at #11 on my list. This is a very deep WR class. I just see guys with very similar skill sets, who can be had in later rounds.

Oh ok

(04-09-2021, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely not. You and I just drastically disagree who should be ranked where. If somehow Ja'Marr Chase or Devonta Smith fell to #25, I'd be all over them, despite my feeling of WR not being a need. I have them both as top 10 players, so they would represent the best value. I just don't see Elijah Moore being that good of a value in round 3. I have several other WR's I like a lot better. I have my WR rankings as such.....

1. Ja'Marr Chase
2. DeVonta Smith
3. Jaylen Waddle
4. Sage Surratt
5. Rashod Bateman
6. Rondale Moore 
7. Terrance Marshall
8. Tylan Wallace
9. Amon-Ra St. Brown
10. Dyami Brown

Elijah Moore would be slotted at #11 on my list. This is a very deep WR class. I just see guys with very similar skill sets, who can be had in later rounds.

Oh ok
I see no way I would rank Surratt ir Wallace over Dyami Brown.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-09-2021, 09:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oh ok
I see no way I would rank Surratt ir Wallace over Dyami Brown.

He has them over Moore as well.  I'd be a little surprised if Moore makes it to the 2nd round to be honest

(04-09-2021, 10:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 09:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I see no way I would rank Surratt ir Wallace over Dyami Brown.

He has them over Moore as well.  I'd be a little surprised if Moore makes it to the 2nd round to be honest

I have seen some talk that Moore could go in the first.  I think 2nd is more likely, but he could go late 1.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 10:32 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-09-2021, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely not. You and I just drastically disagree who should be ranked where. If somehow Ja'Marr Chase or Devonta Smith fell to #25, I'd be all over them, despite my feeling of WR not being a need. I have them both as top 10 players, so they would represent the best value. I just don't see Elijah Moore being that good of a value in round 3. I have several other WR's I like a lot better. I have my WR rankings as such.....

1. Ja'Marr Chase
2. DeVonta Smith
3. Jaylen Waddle
4. Sage Surratt
5. Rashod Bateman
6. Rondale Moore 
7. Terrance Marshall
8. Tylan Wallace
9. Amon-Ra St. Brown
10. Dyami Brown

Oh ok

That was from over a month ago. Nobody's rankings stay exactly the same as they were before pro days. My next mock will look much different as well. Some guys get moved up and some get moved down. Here are the rankings I have now. We are close enough to the actual draft that I don't anticipate them changing unless something really big happens. I don't care where guys are actually taken. These are my rankings.

1. Ja’Marr Chase, LSU
2. DaVonta Smith, Alabama
3. Jaylen Waddle, Alabama
4. Terrace Marshall, LSU 
5. Dyami Brown, North Carolina 
6. Sage Surratt, Wake Forest
7. Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
8. Rondale Moore, Purdue 
9. Elijah Moore, Mississippi
10a. Simi Fehoko, Stanford

10b. Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State

(04-09-2021, 10:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oh ok

That was from over a month ago. Nobody's rankings stay exactly the same as they were before pro days. My next mock will look much different as well. Some guys get moved up and some get moved down. Here are the rankings I have now. We are close enough to the actual draft that I don't anticipate them changing unless something really big happens. 

1. Ja’Marr Chase, LSU
4. Terrace Marshall, LSU 
8. Rondale Moore, Purdue 

This makes more sense, though I still think you have Surratt and Wallace too high.

(04-09-2021, 10:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 10:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He has them over Moore as well.  I'd be a little surprised if Moore makes it to the 2nd round to be honest

I have seen some talk that Moore could go in the first.  I think 2nd is more likely, but he could go late 1.

It's possible because Brown and Metcalf oddly fell to the 2nd and they were 2 of my favorite WRs to come out in recent memory.  Moore will be the next great WR to come out of Ole Miss where too many teams passed up

(04-09-2021, 10:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 10:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That was from over a month ago. Nobody's rankings stay exactly the same as they were before pro days. My next mock will look much different as well. Some guys get moved up and some get moved down. Here are the rankings I have now. We are close enough to the actual draft that I don't anticipate them changing unless something really big happens. 

1. Ja’Marr Chase, LSU
4. Terrace Marshall, LSU 
8. Rondale Moore, Purdue 

This makes more sense, though I still think you have Surratt and Wallace too high.

I truly think Wallace is being overlooked. As for Surratt, I am a big fan of his. I watched several of his games in 2019 and he stood out. He looked like a man among boys. He's not gonna wow you with his speed, but he does get separation with his physicality and route running and wins jump balls to make big plays. I really believe if he would have been in the 2020 draft, he would've been a first rounder. Now that he sat out and this is such a deep WR class in 2021, he will probably be a mid 2nd, early 3rd round selection. I think if he goes to a team with a semi-decent QB, he will be a star. He reminds me a lot of Michael Thomas.

(04-09-2021, 10:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 10:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I have seen some talk that Moore could go in the first.  I think 2nd is more likely, but he could go late 1.

It's possible because Brown and Metcalf oddly fell to the 2nd and they were 2 of my favorite WRs to come out in recent memory.  Moore will be the next great WR to come out of Ole Miss where too many teams passed up

It's odd.

For years...decades...they produced next to nothing at the position.  Now this one coach has produced three stud WRs in 2 years.   Very impressive actually.

(04-08-2021, 08:06 PM)Upper Wrote: Barmore is firmly in that third tier of players where it wouldn't really shock you if he went anywhere from like 14 to second round. I wouldn't blink an eye if the Vikings, Pats, Bears, or several other teams in the teens took him...also wouldn't be shocked if he was on the board when we picked at 33. That goes for virtually any player in that tier.

Fwiw Jim Nagy says the league is much higher on Barmore than drafniks currently are. He also said the league is down on Rousseau and Mayfield by the same comparison.

(04-13-2021, 09:12 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:06 PM)Upper Wrote: Barmore is firmly in that third tier of players where it wouldn't really shock you if he went anywhere from like 14 to second round. I wouldn't blink an eye if the Vikings, Pats, Bears, or several other teams in the teens took him...also wouldn't be shocked if he was on the board when we picked at 33. That goes for virtually any player in that tier.

Fwiw Jim Nagy says the league is much higher on Barmore than drafniks currently are. He also said the league is down on Rousseau and Mayfield by the same comparison.

You have a link to this?  This is good insight.

(04-13-2021, 09:27 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 09:12 AM)Upper Wrote: Fwiw Jim Nagy says the league is much higher on Barmore than drafniks currently are. He also said the league is down on Rousseau and Mayfield by the same comparison.

You have a link to this?  This is good insight.

One of the more recent 2 for 1 draft podcasts. I don't listen to them in order so I forget which one exactly, sorry.

1. Lawrence
2. Zaven Collins or Barmore
3. Collins or Barmore
4. Freiermuth or Jevon Holland
5. Freiermuth or Holland

If we somehow landed those 5 players that would be a dream draft for me.

Taven Jenkins, Moehrig, Elijah Moore are a few players I really like that missed out. I'd be really happy with any of then as well if replaced one of the above

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2021, 08:19 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-15-2021, 07:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1. Lawrence
3.  Collins or Barmore
4. Freiermuth  or Jevon Holland
5.  Freiermuth or Holland

Taven Jenkins, Moehrig, Elijah Moore are a few players I really like that missed out. I'd be really happy with any of then as well if replaced one of the above

That would be a very nice draft, but I don't see any offensive line help.  I'd prefer an offensive lineman somewhere, especially with so many of our starting offensive line being on short term contracts.  

Additionally, while Zaven Collins is a good player, I don't see much need right now at linebacker.

(04-15-2021, 08:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 07:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1. Lawrence
3.  Collins or Barmore
4. Freiermuth  or Jevon Holland
5.  Freiermuth or Holland

That would be a very nice draft, but I don't see any offensive line help.  I'd prefer an offensive lineman somewhere, especially with so many of our starting offensive line being on short term contracts.  

Additionally, while Zaven Collins is a good player, I don't see much need right now at linebacker.
How could you?!

You know what the response is going to be when you bring up need!