Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-29-2021, 12:02 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 11:43 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane fits him just right.
Tim would truck you and TrivialPursestrings

Soft [BLEEP] keyboard tough guys.

I would literally pay good money to see that.. Would definitely youtube it so I could watch it over and over lolol

We could even take up a collection and send the proceeds to charity.. I'm serious now.. Oklahoma with Tebow.. Could benefit good causes..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-23-2021, 05:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't think I've seen anyone here attack Tebow the man, (as far as I've seen, I could be wrong), but I have seen him attacked as a player. We all have our reservations about his playing ability, I think we can all pretty much share in that aspect. How he handles himself on and off the field should be admired and respected.. How he plays is a different story. That's the main problem here. We all know that he's an upstanding individual but being an upstanding individual isn't going to help this team win football games. Honestly, I hope he pulls it off and gives us some depth on the TE front, will it happen? Probably not. Just have to wait and see..

The overwhelming majority of the attacks against Tebow have zero to do with him as a man or his religious beliefs and everything to do with him as a football player.

NFL history is replete with great players and coaches who were devout Christians who were often outspoken in their beliefs that did not elicit anywhere near the revulsion that Tebow has incurred over the years.  Famous Christian coaches include Tom Landry and Joe Gibbs.  I hated Gibbs because before I was a Jaguars fan, I was a Dallas fan, and Washington was Dallas' biggest rival.  Many people hated Landry because he was Dallas' head coach.  Famous Christian players included Reggie White,  who had the nickname of "Minister of Defense" because of his outspoken religious beliefs and his status as a dominant defensive end.  Darrell Greene, Aeneas Williams, and Troy Polamalu are other famous Christians.  Notable Christian Jaguars include two of the most popular players in team history in Mark Brunell and Tony Boselli, and the player in whom every Jaguars fan has placed their hopes is Trevor Lawrence, who reportedly holds very strong Christian beliefs.  I have never in life attacked any of them for their Christian faith.  I have very rarely attacked any of them for their play on the field because for the most part, they have all played well.  
I have read the occasional post that asserted Tebow had various character flaws over the years.  I've read that he was a bit of a womanizer, that he wasn't overly smart, and more recently that he was a smoker.  Even assuming the last two criticisms could somehow be construed as character flaws, I never indulged them because:  

A.  I had never heard them until reading it on the various boards;
B.  I did not know them to be true;
C.  Even if true, they were of dubious relevance at best on a football message board; and
D.  even if true, I am incapable of throwing stones at anyone.

If you go back at any of my posts regarding Tebow, they all criticize him as a football player, and attack those who are so insistent and vehement in overrating him to the point of being overbearing.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-29-2021, 12:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 05:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't think I've seen anyone here attack Tebow the man, (as far as I've seen, I could be wrong), but I have seen him attacked as a player. We all have our reservations about his playing ability, I think we can all pretty much share in that aspect. How he handles himself on and off the field should be admired and respected.. How he plays is a different story. That's the main problem here. We all know that he's an upstanding individual but being an upstanding individual isn't going to help this team win football games. Honestly, I hope he pulls it off and gives us some depth on the TE front, will it happen? Probably not. Just have to wait and see..

The overwhelming majority of the attacks against Tebow have zero to do with him as a man or his religious beliefs and everything to do with him as a football player.

NFL history is replete with great players and coaches who were devout Christians who were often outspoken in their beliefs that did not elicit anywhere near the revulsion that Tebow has incurred over the years.  Famous Christian coaches include Tom Landry and Joe Gibbs.  I hated Gibbs because before I was a Jaguars fan, I was a Dallas fan, and Washington was Dallas' biggest rival.  Many people hated Landry because he was Dallas' head coach.  Famous Christian players included Reggie White,  who had the nickname of "Minister of Defense" because of his outspoken religious beliefs and his status as a dominant defensive end.  Darrell Greene, Aeneas Williams, and Troy Polamalu are other famous Christians.  Notable Christian Jaguars include two of the most popular players in team history in Mark Brunell and Tony Boselli, and the player in whom every Jaguars fan has placed their hopes is Trevor Lawrence, who reportedly holds very strong Christian beliefs.  I have never in life attacked any of them for their Christian faith.  I have very rarely attacked any of them for their play on the field because for the most part, they have all played well.  
I have read the occasional post that asserted Tebow had various character flaws over the years.  I've read that he was a bit of a womanizer, that he wasn't overly smart, and more recently that he was a smoker.  Even assuming the last two criticisms could somehow be construed as character flaws, I never indulged them because:  

A.  I had never heard them until reading it on the various boards;
B.  I did not know them to be true;
C.  Even if true, they were of dubious relevance at best on a football message board; and
D.  even if true, I am incapable of throwing stones at anyone.

If you go back at any of my posts regarding Tebow, they all criticize him as a football player, and attack those who are so insistent and vehement in overrating him to the point of being overbearing.

I can't see Tebow being a womanizer or a smoker lolol..  until I see it for myself or see a police record, I call it character assassination..

(05-23-2021, 06:44 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 06:22 PM)RicoTx Wrote: And?

Show me somebody that's criticized him as a person.  If they did, they're idiots.

Plenty of people have said he doesn't deserve the shot and he is only getting the shot because of who he is. A lot of people are upset, especially those who think Kaepernick or other players should be in the league if Tebow is.

Who he is meaning the former player under Urban Meyer who last played football way back in 2012.  Not the guy of devout religious faith.  That isn't the basis for the criticism.  I would never have asserted Boselli, Brunell, Reggie White, Troy Polamalu, etc should never get a shot to play here because of their religious beliefs.

The football based criticism is based on three important reasons:

A.  During his prime, Tim Tebow was not a very good pro player;

B.  Tebow, now 34, has been away from football for EIGHT (8) years.  If rust is a concern for Walker Little, who hasn't played in two seasons yet is still in his physical prime, certainly it has to be a concern for Tebow who has been away 4 times as long;

C.  Tebow, after an eight year absence is switching positions to play one he hasn't played before, which only exacerbates the rust issue even further.

As for the Kaepernick comparison, I will not delve into his political stance for various reasons.  However, as a QB, he was far superior to Tebow.  He had a much higher completion percentage, he threw for far more yards, threw for far more TDs, actually guided the 49ers to a Super Bowl whereas Tebow could never get Denver or anyone else past the divisional round of the playoffs.  Finally, he hasn't been away from the game anywhere near as long as Tebow.

(05-23-2021, 07:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 07:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Mike Vick was talented.

Tebow doesn't compare in NFL talent to any of those guys.

So talent gets a free pass and being investigated for double murder, drug offenses or the mass killing of dogs gets the blind eye?

You don't see the problem there?

Ray Lewis was baselessly charged with double murder because he would not cooperate with prosecutors.  If he actually committed the double murders and the prosecutors could prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, they would not have accepted the plea deal to reduce the charges to obstruction of justice.  

As for your larger question, there are distinctions between those cases and Tebow's.  There are two elements.  Of course, Tebow's character, standing alone, should somehow warrant a second chance.  I don't think anyone advocated denying a person of strong character a second chance.  That isn't the concern.

The concern is the talent, which was questionable to begin with, is now mitigated further from time away from football, and minimal at best time playing the position for which is he trying out.  Ray Lewis was at the top of his game, had his trial, had his plea, and played the very next season at his natural position.  Michael Vick was convicted of the whole dogfighting thing (as a lover of dogs I find this most repugnant), and sentenced to 23 months in federal prison.  Before then, he was among the most exciting players at his position and took the Falcons to the playoffs.  After his sentence, he was still arguably in his prime after being a very good player, and returned laying the same position after a much shorter time away, and wound up playing for a guy with whom he had no prior connection.  Tebow wasn't very good when he played, and was away for eight years.  His time away far exceeded the length of his pro career and his age at his return was long past the retirement age of most players.  He is playing a position foreign to him for his college coach who is in his first year as an NFL coach and, oh by the way, his neighbor.  

People are going to perceive the instances differently.

For perspective, even though as a pure prospect and player, I viewed Justin Blackmon more favorably than I viewed Tim Tebow, due to his lengthy absence, I have similar concerns about his worthiness on a 90 man roster at this stage.  His substance dependence is also of paramount concern too.

(05-25-2021, 12:51 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: Hi guys, just introducing myself.  Full disclosure, I'm interested in the Tebow story and I find that message boards are the best place to find it.  Further disclosure, I have two kids at Clemson and I'm a big fan of both Lawrence and Etienne, so it seemed a perfect hobby for me to somewhat follow the Jags.  I did go to UF, love Jax the city/area, and would love to see a southern team like the Jags thrive.  But I've not been a fan heretofore and want to be honest about that.  

I would only share one thing into the mix that Tebow's detractors/skeptics never seem to be aware -- the kid is a physical freak for what he does.  His 3 cone drill was off the charts at the combine.  So was his 20 yard shuttle.  His 40 time was ho-hum to say the least (though only .06 slower than Cam's, and I think Cam would be a beast at TE), but his 10 yard split and 20 yard split were, again, incredible.  He does not have downfield, high gear speed.  But at close quarters he is one of the most natural, quick, and instinctive runners ever.  It will be interesting to see if he can make a contribution as something like an H Back TE.

I think his value as punt protector and gadget player are obvious and elite -- but you have to be able to play an actual position to be useful as a decoy or special play runner.  You can't help the team if the defense always knows what you are in for.  It will be interesting enough to see if Tebow can achieve and display enough competence at the more conventional aspects of the position to be able to help with his special abilities.  I'm not sure if his physical quickness (which is fantastic) translates enough to being useful as a position player.  I cannot imagine how hard it must be to learn how to block or run routes at this stage of his career.

Love your username.  

Race Bannon was a great cartoon character on a great series (I'm talking the original series from the '60s and not the pathetic remake from the 90s).

(05-25-2021, 05:14 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I agree that the passage of time, combined with being out of the league during that time, are big factors in what he can do.  It seems some posters were never even aware that his abilities were freakish even by NFL standards.  

He's a heavy (though ripped) player, and his vertical was 5 inches higher than Etienne's, his 10 yard split was about the same as Etienne's.  For perspective, Tim's 3 cone would have been the fastest 3 cone at the 2020 combine.  Second fastest at the 2019.  9th fastest in 2018.  And all of the comparable times are by much lighter players.

Ever wonder what makes coaches intrigued by Tebow? He's one of the best short yardage, multi-skill players ever.  Does he still have that quickness?  Don't know.  Can he competently block, run routes, catch, or do other things that are needed to hold down a position?  Don't know.

Travis is going to be throwing so many sweet BB's it's going to be hard to notice.

So Etienne will be throwing passes too?!?

(05-25-2021, 10:20 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 12:51 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: Hi guys, just introducing myself.  Full disclosure, I'm interested in the Tebow story and I find that message boards are the best place to find it.  Further disclosure, I have two kids at Clemson and I'm a big fan of both Lawrence and Etienne, so it seemed a perfect hobby for me to somewhat follow the Jags.  I did go to UF, love Jax the city/area, and would love to see a southern team like the Jags thrive.  But I've not been a fan heretofore and want to be honest about that.  

I would only share one thing into the mix that Tebow's detractors/skeptics never seem to be aware -- the kid is a physical freak for what he does.  His 3 cone drill was off the charts at the combine.  So was his 20 yard shuttle.  His 40 time was ho-hum to say the least (though only .06 slower than Cam's, and I think Cam would be a beast at TE), but his 10 yard split and 20 yard split were, again, incredible.  He does not have downfield, high gear speed.  But at close quarters he is one of the most natural, quick, and instinctive runners ever.  It will be interesting to see if he can make a contribution as something like an H Back TE.

I think his value as punt protector and gadget player are obvious and elite -- but you have to be able to play an actual position to be useful as a decoy or special play runner.  You can't help the team if the defense always knows what you are in for.  It will be interesting enough to see if Tebow can achieve and display enough competence at the more conventional aspects of the position to be able to help with his special abilities.  I'm not sure if his physical quickness (which is fantastic) translates enough to being useful as a position player.  I cannot imagine how hard it must be to learn how to block or run routes at this stage of his career.

Alot of non athletic people are just jealous of Tebow because they can't understand how someone like Tebow can be so athletic.

Jealousy?  Seriously?

So it isn't the eight years away from the game?  It's not the position switch?  It's not him being 34 years old?  It isn't that he wasn't a very good NFL player when he was in his prime?

It's just jealousy?

Shaking my head in dismay.

(05-26-2021, 04:29 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 04:27 PM)Pendragon Wrote: Wow. TLaw just rekt the Tebow haters.  
/popcorn on

Yeah, by using standard teammate jargon.  What did you expect him to say?

Funny that the guy Trevor Lawrence patterned his game after and most tried to emulate was NOT Tim Tebow.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 02:16 PM by TearExtractor.)

8 years of hard baseball miles is a lot on the body, its doubtful he can even jog, let alone sprint and help the team being so out of shape. TE is also THE most difficult position in the NFL. You need to be a brain surgeon or rocket scientist to even begin to comprehend how to run/block and catch footballs. Its rumored that Einstein wanted to be a TE but after looking at the playbook he decided to do something a bit easier with his life. There is simply no way anyone can learn how to do it. Plus the NFL has an age limit of 34 years old and they dont allow you to play anymore, so im not even sure what this guy is doing.

Cant wait until he does bad so it can make me feel good.

(05-28-2021, 09:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 09:49 AM)RicoTx Wrote: What's actually comical is the way you hop on the slightest compliment to Tebow and blow it completely out of proportion, or intentionally misrepresent it.  Then you have the nerve to say I'm 'getting my excuses ready' when you use every excuse in the book to explain why Timmy isn't (or wasn't) in the league anymore.

This, in a nutshell, is why Tebow apologists are almost intolerable.  It's like they live in some alternate universe.

I'm a Gortor fan, dude helped win us 2 NTs, a Heisman, and took over a 1-4 to help lead his team to the playoffs and a playoff victory with over 325 passing yards and still has a winning record in the NFL.  Most of the ones that don't like him on here is because he whooped their team on Saturday for 4 years straight or whenever they played him.  Are all the media Tebow apologist as well because they are the ones that want him the most?

I just want to see Tebow and Robinson or Etienne run that option a few times like he did in Denver and at Florida

What you conveniently misrepresented here is that on that first NT team, Tebow was a glorified short yardage back.  Chris Leak was the starting QB on that team.

In a nutshell, that sort of spectacular exaggeration from his apologists is why many hate Tebow.

(05-28-2021, 01:35 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I saw every game in that streak and to say that Tebow was 'responsible' for them making the playoffs is a HUUUUUUUUGE stretch.  There were so many weird plays in that whole string, it was crazy.  Onside kicks recovered, fumbles, interceptions...it was nuts.  but I'm sure Timmy had something to do with all of those.  Fun fact - he also had 14 fumbles in 11 games.

He loves to focus on the 15 yard pass that Thomas turned into a touchdown against the Steelers.  His 'performance' against the Patriots the following week was almost comically bad.

Tebow had bad ribs in the Patriots game.
That doomed any hope of running the ball.

Rocky Marciano Vs Joe Louis: Coming To America - Only in Boxing - YouTube

(05-29-2021, 01:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 07:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So talent gets a free pass and being investigated for double murder, drug offenses or the mass killing of dogs gets the blind eye?

You don't see the problem there?

Ray Lewis was baselessly charged with double murder because he would not cooperate with prosecutors.  If he actually committed the double murders and the prosecutors could prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, they would not have accepted the plea deal to reduce the charges to obstruction of justice.  

Baseless? Maybe.. Then again, a major piece of evidence is still missing from that case today, the cream colored suit he was wearing from that night.. Where'd it go? I guess if you can make evidence disappear out of site, I guess that means not guilty..

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 03:06 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-29-2021, 02:15 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: 8 years of hard baseball miles is a lot on the body, its doubtful he can even jog, let alone sprint and help the team being so out of shape. TE is also THE most difficult position in the NFL. You need to be a brain surgeon or rocket scientist to even begin to comprehend how to run/block and catch footballs. Its rumored that Einstein wanted to be a TE but after looking at the playbook he decided to do something a bit easier with his life. There is simply no way anyone can learn how to do it. Plus the NFL has an age limit of 34 years old and they dont allow you to play anymore, so im not even sure what this guy is doing.

Cant wait until he does bad so it can make me feel good.

Tee hee.  Funny.  Borerline clever.

While you're in the mood to be clever, perhaps you could list all of the people that have made a successful transition to TE and did diddly squat their first year...you know, since it's such an easy position and all.  Or maybe just one?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-29-2021, 12:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 09:14 AM)Pendragon Wrote: Amazing.  Tebow took over for Kyle Orton when the Broncos were 1-4 (2011).  They were 4-12 the previous year and had, statistically, the worst defense in the NFL (The Broncos had the league's worst defense in 2010, allowing a league-worst 471 points (29.4 per game) and 6,253 yards.) He went 7-4 with a horrible team, became the top rushing team in the league, won the division and then went 1-1 in the playoffs.  I don’t care if you don’t like him, but I’m not about to sit back and let you rewrite verifiable history. Broncos went from losers to winners.  Sorry if that hurts feelings.

[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Denver_Broncos_season#cite_note-2][/url]
Surely you jest!

It's most interesting you should reference the defense the way you did instead of referencing the impact he made on the offense-you know...the side of the ball on which he actually played.  I would say it was an advisable strategy, were the end results not so laughable.  Please allow me to elaborate.  

First off, in 2011 under Orton, the Broncos averaged 21 ppg.  Under Tebow, Denver averaged 18.69 ppg.  In Orton's 5 starts, the Broncos scored 20 points or more 4 times.  In Tebow's 11 starts, the Broncos scored 20 points or more three times.  Under Orton, the Broncos averaged 201.8 ypg passing.  Tebow, OTOH, produced 157 YPG passing.   Orton's completion percentage was 12 points higher than Tebow's (58.7-46.5), had a higher TD % (5.2-4.4) and despite playing in less than half of the games he threw for only 4 fewer TDs.   than Tebow (12-8).  Orton Averaged 31 attempts per game.  Tebow had about 6.4 fewer attempts.  Keep in mind, Denver's head coach at the time was Josh McDaniels, who came from New England.  While with the Patriots, he believed in passing the football.  But he couldn't implement that philosophy with Tebow.  Tebow couldn't pass the ball effectively or consistently good.

Denver took more of a conservative approach when Tebow took over as starter.  Aside from the fewer attempts per game, the fewer yards per game, and the lower completion percentage, Denver decided to run the ball more.  Tebow added considerably to the Broncos rushing efforts.  They averaged 23.6 rushes per game under Orton, and almost 39 attempts under Tebow.  So despite the fact the QBs most important function is throwing the ball, under Tebow, the team took a decidedly more conservative approach.

Yes, the team played better defensively than they did the year before.  Call me crazy, but I would think that's more attributable to a guy named Von Miller, who was drafted in 2011, than it is to Tebow.  Now the defense might have felt they had to play better to compensate for Tebow's incompetence at QB, but it isn't as though Tebow waved his magic wand and the defense played better.

But aside from the individual and team numbers, the ultimate proof of Tebow's worth as a QB is seen in what Denver did the following offseason.  Despite spending a first round pick on him in 2010 and their playoff run in 2011, Denver traded Tebow away and brought in an aging Peyton Manning.  You tacitly asserted Tebow was the catalyst to Denver's improvement from the year before.  But I would assert firing the overmatched Josh McDaniels and bringing aboard John Fox (who coached Carolina to their first Super Bowl) to coach them, and adding  pass rusher like Von Miller had more to do with Denver's improvement from 2010-2011 than Tebow did.  But perhaps you could explain, if Tebow's QBing ability, leadership and other intangibles were so great he willed the Broncos to win, why would Denver trade him away?  Why would Denver have improved so dramatically from Tebow's 2011 without the man who was supposedly so critical to their success the year before?  Since you are so concerned with the preservation of verifiable history, could you offer the factual, historical basis explaining why Denver was able to get rid of the guy so critical to their "success" in 2011, get an aging veteran to replace him, and improve the offensive output, the W-L record and the post season accomplishments without him, while a healthy Tebow never made anything close to the impact he had with Denver, much less the impact of other QBs?  

Verifiable history shows that individually, Tebow was less productive as a passer than his predecessor, the Denver offense as a whole was less productive under Tebow than it was under Orton in terms of points per game, and that the Broncos went on to far greater improvement and success after Tebow was dealt away, while Tebow never made an impact anywhere else he played.  I would offer apologies for hurting your feelings, but Tebow cultists are so insufferable, insistent, myopic and obnoxious I'm not particularly apologetic.

What was the Broncos record under Kyle Orton in 2010?

(05-29-2021, 04:00 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 12:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Surely you jest!

It's most interesting you should reference the defense the way you did instead of referencing the impact he made on the offense-you know...the side of the ball on which he actually played.  I would say it was an advisable strategy, were the end results not so laughable.  Please allow me to elaborate.  

First off, in 2011 under Orton, the Broncos averaged 21 ppg.  Under Tebow, Denver averaged 18.69 ppg.  In Orton's 5 starts, the Broncos scored 20 points or more 4 times.  In Tebow's 11 starts, the Broncos scored 20 points or more three times.  Under Orton, the Broncos averaged 201.8 ypg passing.  Tebow, OTOH, produced 157 YPG passing.   Orton's completion percentage was 12 points higher than Tebow's (58.7-46.5), had a higher TD % (5.2-4.4) and despite playing in less than half of the games he threw for only 4 fewer TDs.   than Tebow (12-8).  Orton Averaged 31 attempts per game.  Tebow had about 6.4 fewer attempts.  Keep in mind, Denver's head coach at the time was Josh McDaniels, who came from New England.  While with the Patriots, he believed in passing the football.  But he couldn't implement that philosophy with Tebow.  Tebow couldn't pass the ball effectively or consistently good.

Denver took more of a conservative approach when Tebow took over as starter.  Aside from the fewer attempts per game, the fewer yards per game, and the lower completion percentage, Denver decided to run the ball more.  Tebow added considerably to the Broncos rushing efforts.  They averaged 23.6 rushes per game under Orton, and almost 39 attempts under Tebow.  So despite the fact the QBs most important function is throwing the ball, under Tebow, the team took a decidedly more conservative approach.

Yes, the team played better defensively than they did the year before.  Call me crazy, but I would think that's more attributable to a guy named Von Miller, who was drafted in 2011, than it is to Tebow.  Now the defense might have felt they had to play better to compensate for Tebow's incompetence at QB, but it isn't as though Tebow waved his magic wand and the defense played better.

But aside from the individual and team numbers, the ultimate proof of Tebow's worth as a QB is seen in what Denver did the following offseason.  Despite spending a first round pick on him in 2010 and their playoff run in 2011, Denver traded Tebow away and brought in an aging Peyton Manning.  You tacitly asserted Tebow was the catalyst to Denver's improvement from the year before.  But I would assert firing the overmatched Josh McDaniels and bringing aboard John Fox (who coached Carolina to their first Super Bowl) to coach them, and adding  pass rusher like Von Miller had more to do with Denver's improvement from 2010-2011 than Tebow did.  But perhaps you could explain, if Tebow's QBing ability, leadership and other intangibles were so great he willed the Broncos to win, why would Denver trade him away?  Why would Denver have improved so dramatically from Tebow's 2011 without the man who was supposedly so critical to their success the year before?  Since you are so concerned with the preservation of verifiable history, could you offer the factual, historical basis explaining why Denver was able to get rid of the guy so critical to their "success" in 2011, get an aging veteran to replace him, and improve the offensive output, the W-L record and the post season accomplishments without him, while a healthy Tebow never made anything close to the impact he had with Denver, much less the impact of other QBs?  

Verifiable history shows that individually, Tebow was less productive as a passer than his predecessor, the Denver offense as a whole was less productive under Tebow than it was under Orton in terms of points per game, and that the Broncos went on to far greater improvement and success after Tebow was dealt away, while Tebow never made an impact anywhere else he played.  I would offer apologies for hurting your feelings, but Tebow cultists are so insufferable, insistent, myopic and obnoxious I'm not particularly apologetic.

1-4.  His point is that you don't get to give Tebow credit for the wins when the offense got substantially worse.

LOL

Bullseye in here spittin truth

[Image: tenor.gif]

(05-29-2021, 04:35 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 04:00 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: What was the Broncos record under Kyle Orton in 2010?

1-4.  His point is that you don't get to give Tebow credit for the wins when the offense got substantially worse.

Incorrect.  Neck Beard was 3-10 in 2010. Doesn't matter how many yards a QB throws up if he can't get Ws.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 07:14 PM by Bullseye.)

(05-29-2021, 04:00 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 12:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Surely you jest!

They were 4-12 in 2010 (3-10 specifically under Orton)-easily verifiable, as pendragon would say.

That said, it doesn't mean that Tebow was solely or even mostly the cause for the improvement from 2010-2011, nor does it explain the post Tebow improvement on the same team with the same coach between 2012-2015.

Coach John Fox was there from in 2011 as was Von Miller.  Tebow was NOT there in 2012-2015, but Fox and Miller were.

So again, if Tebow were solely or even mostly responsible for the improvement from 2010-2011, why would Denver be so quick to get rid of him?  Why couldn't he replicate that success elsewhere if Denver's trade of Tebow was a mistake? Why could he only command a 4th round draft pick in trade compensation if it were incontrovertible fact that Tebow was solely responsible for Denver's run and he were this undeniable talent? Several QBs were rumored to be on the trade market this offseason: Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and DeShaun Watson, minimally, all had at least one first round pick speculated as a baseline to acquire their services, with most supposedly commanding far more for their services. But Tebow the living legend could only muster a 4th. This was true even though there was a relative dearth of QBs carrying first round grades between 2012-2014. Even if Denver were making a grave mistake in dealing away this once in a lifetime player, you would think the overwhelming demand for his services in trade caused by other teams seeing his undeniable talent would warrant a higher draft pick in trade, if not cause Denver to reconsider completely. But none of that happened. Why is that?

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2021, 07:06 PM by Race Bannon.)

Dialog we've all heard 1,000 times

1.  Tebow is not even a competent NFL quarterback
2.  Yes he is. He has a career winning record and led the Broncos to an exciting 7-1 run and a playoff won.
3.  That was not because to him. The defense got suddenly better and the run game (but not Tebiw runs) got suddenly better.
4.  If a streak like that was actually due mostly to him, he wouldn't just be minimally competent,  he would be all pro level, elite.  You just said he was terrible.  You can't win like that with a terrible quarterback. He has to be at NFL competence level.
5.  He is terrible, I hereby double down.
6.  He was very good at some things,  but couldn't ultimately pass well enough to hold down the position.
7.  No he was not very good at anything.