Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Schedule Predictions (MNF, etc.)

(05-12-2021, 08:05 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 04:35 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: You must have Stockholm syndrome to have that type of mindset. We are the weakest fanbase in the country to accept mediocrity and disrespect from the NFL and we accept it with a smile on our faces. LOL. We are a joke

The team's owner did hire a guy to run the franchise that didn't know anything about NFL football who started off by hiring a guy who was fired a few months earlier for his extreme racism, and who now wants to bring in a guy in his mid thirties that hasn't played in almost a decade to play a position he's never played.

It doesn't get much more clown show than what we're experiencing.

The worst part is Lawrence and the coordinators might be able to cover for his apparent incompetence enough to make some people think he's an okay coach.

They still haven't signed Tebow and he has proven to be a great head coach. There is no denying that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-13-2021, 08:07 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 08:05 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The team's owner did hire a guy to run the franchise that didn't know anything about NFL football who started off by hiring a guy who was fired a few months earlier for his extreme racism, and who now wants to bring in a guy in his mid thirties that hasn't played in almost a decade to play a position he's never played.

It doesn't get much more clown show than what we're experiencing.

The worst part is Lawrence and the coordinators might be able to cover for his apparent incompetence enough to make some people think he's an okay coach.

They still haven't signed Tebow and he has proven to be a great head coach. There is no denying that.

"proven"

Laughing

(05-13-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 08:07 AM)Dimson Wrote: They still haven't signed Tebow and he has proven to be a great head coach. There is no denying that.

"proven"

Laughing

Why so negative? Why so much hate?

(05-13-2021, 08:35 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: "proven"

Laughing

There's a big difference between modeling a good coach and proving a good coach. I have seen nothing on the field. I have heard a bunch of rhetoric and sound bytes, and a lot of that he's already contradicted.

Urbz has done little to no actual coaching thus far. Let's at least wait until he hits the practice field before we crown him.

Not negative. Tentative. If the dude comes out and sets the league afire with his system and all the guys are playing their best ball, I will join in and say he's proved himself up to the task. For now, you have a bunch of promises and little else.

(05-13-2021, 08:13 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 08:07 AM)Dimson Wrote: They still haven't signed Tebow and he has proven to be a great head coach. There is no denying that.

"proven"

Laughing

He *has* proven to be a great college head coach. Whether that translates to the NFL remains to be seen.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-13-2021, 09:21 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Laughing

He *has* proven to be a great college head coach. Whether that translates to the NFL remains to be seen.

^ someone had to say it and it's true..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Week 1 I'll be looking closely at a few matchups. Hopefully CJ will mirror Cooks and I'll be looking at their tackles vs Allen and Chaisson. They have one of the better tackle combos in the league so if we are able to get some pressure from the outside I think that will be a good sign

(05-13-2021, 08:35 AM)Dimson Wrote:

Laughing

It’s not hate lol it’s just a fact. He hasn’t proven anything in the NFL.

How come if someone disagrees with you, it’s automatically labeled hate?

(05-13-2021, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 08:35 AM)Dimson Wrote: Why so negative? Why so much hate?

Yep.  This confuses me.  As much as I disagree with certain posters, they're entitled to their opinions and I don't think I've ever used the term 'hater' directed at anybody.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-13-2021, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 08:35 AM)Dimson Wrote: Why so negative? Why so much hate?

It is hate because there it is irrational. There is no reason to hate on Meyer and yet people are bashing him and he hasn't even coached in a single game. How about wait and see before jumping to conclusions?

So basically, if we don't agree with every move and every decision we're 'haters'.

Good grief.

(05-13-2021, 10:14 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So basically, if we don't agree with every move and every decision we're 'haters'.

Good grief.

No I just get tired of all the negativity just for the the sake of being negative.

(05-13-2021, 10:21 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 10:14 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So basically, if we don't agree with every move and every decision we're 'haters'.

Good grief.

No I just get tired of all the negativity just for the the sake of being negative.
Except..... it’s warranted.

And it’s not even being negative. It’s just stating a fact that Urban isn’t proven at all when it comes to the NFL. If anything, he’s proven to make poor choices (Tebow and Doyle).

(05-13-2021, 10:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 10:21 AM)Dimson Wrote: No I just get tired of all the negativity just for the the sake of being negative.

And it’s not even being negative. It’s just stating a fact that Urban isn’t proven at all when it comes to the NFL. If anything, he’s proven to make poor choices (Tebow and Doyle).

HATER!!

(05-13-2021, 10:21 AM)Dimson Wrote:

Good grief.

Question:  If the Jaguars went undefeated and someone just started bashing them, what would you think?

Sub question:  Why would your reaction be any different now if posters here were blindly positive in the aftermath of 1-15?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-13-2021, 10:10 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s not hate lol it’s just a fact. He hasn’t proven anything in the NFL.

It is hate because there it is irrational. There is no reason to hate on Meyer and yet people are bashing him and he hasn't even coached in a single game. How about wait and see before jumping to conclusions?

So do you not draw distinctions between "hating" on Meyer and questioning some of his moves?

Bringing in that strength coach from Iowa and now Tebow was bound to invite scrutiny and criticism.  Even before Tebow was out of football for eight years, he was polarizing.  UM considers bringing him in now after 8 years out of the game to play a position he's never played at a position of dire need for this team, and you expect all to be okay with it?

There are plenty of people who don't believe in drafting a RB in the first round and have had those beliefs long before Meyer got here.  It stands to reason that if Meyer were to turn around and draft a RB in the first round, they would be critical of him.  I am not opposed to taking a RB in the first round as a general principle, or Travis Etienne as a player, but felt we should have gone with Teven Jenkins.  Him saying Etienne would be a 3rd down back didn't go over well.  Is it unreasonable to be initially less than enthusiastic about that particular selection?

That aside, UM is completely unproven at the NFL level.  Yes he deserves the chance to prove himself, but I don't think questioning some of these moves amounts to a denial of the chance to prove himself.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-13-2021, 10:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 10:21 AM)Dimson Wrote: No I just get tired of all the negativity just for the the sake of being negative.

He hasn't signed Tebow yet. And yes Doyle was an error in judgement. He thought people would just ignore his past and Meyer paid for that misjudgment. Concerning Tebow, 1 he still hasn't been signed and 2, you have no idea if he will be able to perform or not. You are just assuming.

(05-13-2021, 10:10 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 09:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s not hate lol it’s just a fact. He hasn’t proven anything in the NFL.

...doesn't this contradict your assertion that he's proven he's a great coach?

Guess that makes me a hatemonger.

(05-13-2021, 01:40 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 10:10 AM)Dimson Wrote: It is hate because there it is irrational. There is no reason to hate on Meyer and yet people are bashing him and he hasn't even coached in a single game. How about wait and see before jumping to conclusions?

...doesn't this contradict your assertion that he's proven he's a great coach?

He is proven on the college level. You act like he was a bum and has never been a winning coach.

(05-13-2021, 01:57 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 01:40 PM)Mikey Wrote: ...doesn't this contradict your assertion that he's proven he's a great coach?

He is proven on the college level. You act like he was a bum and has never been a winning coach.

So was Saban.  How did that work out?