Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, what's going to happen with Minshew?

(06-14-2021, 07:01 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 06:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: No.  I am arguing that your point of winning games is "meaningless" is stupid.  Professional athletes play the game to win... period.  It doesn't matter what the record of the team is.  Every time they take the field to play a game it's to win.  That should always be the goal.  As a fan I expect that regardless of the record or what players might be injured.  The goal of playing the game should always be to win.  If they (the players) don't think it matters, then they need to get out of the sport.  That's what Herm Edwards was saying and it certainly applies.

That's why I used to get infuriated with "fans" of the team hoping they would "lose out" towards the end of last season in order to get the #1 pick.  A true professional athlete never plays to lose and if they do they are not professional.

Always play to win no matter what.  That's what I expect.

My comment is not referring to the athletes mindset but the GM's team building mindset. I'm well aware that who is on the field and sidelines will do whatever they can to win.

Y'all keep talking about keeping Minshew is optimal in order to win a few games if T-Law gets hurt, but that is not how most GM's view the back up QB position. If back up QBs were that highly considered, they would generally be much more sought. A few teams go after proven, quality back up QB's but not most. 

Plus after last season, what makes y'all believe so completely that Minshew would be that guy? If the league really thought he was, wouldn't someone would have offered a higher pick to trade for Minshew given that possibility and his cheap contract.
Personally, I’m just saying “keep the best #2” not espousing some belief he’s “that guy.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, what's going to happen with Minshew? - by NYC4jags - 06-14-2021, 07:24 PM