Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What realistic record do the Jags need to have to be classified as Successful?

Remember, the Jags went 1-15 last year, while we have a new coach and new ROOKIE QB and a few other players, I think we should temper the expectations of the upcoming season. I think the Jags need at least 7 wins and our QB to show that he is the real deal. Those two metrics would make this year successful IMO...

what say you?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not sure record is the best barometer for this season. Basically both Lawrence and Meyer have to show they belong. Also some of the 2nd/3rd players need to finally turn a corner.

If enough of those things happen, they should win ~6-7 games. However, they could easily fail at those things, and still luck into some wins. In that case, the wins would only gloss over potential Achilles heels.

A lot of factors come in to play. Injuries being number 1, i want a stong finish to the season but i think we have a shot at the divisuon

I think 8 wins in the ceiling this year. Getting 5 to 8 wins would be a good transition season.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think we can get 6-7 wins, but it could easily be 5 or even 9 depending on the breaks.

7 or 8 wins would show they are headed in the right direction. I’m not going to head to the Modis building if they don’t reach that but I would be disappointed. Indy had a quick turn around after bringing in Luck and I think we can too.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-07-2021, 01:39 PM)Ronster Wrote: Remember, the Jags went 1-15 last year, while we have a new coach and new ROOKIE QB and a few other players, I think we should temper the expectations of the upcoming season. I think the Jags need at least 7 wins and our QB to show that he is the real deal. Those two metrics would make this year successful IMO...

what say you?

I'm not as worried about record next year. Mission accomplished last season when the W-L was crucial to 'earn' the top pick.

As a matter of perspective, Burrow was 2-7-1 in 10 games until he got hurt last season. I think 7 is the upper limit of what we can expect next year. Don't forget we're also learning (or re-learning) a new defensive scheme too, there will be growing pains.

As long as we are not battling for the top pick again next year, and we see the offseason changes producing results, I'm calling it a win, no matter what the record may show.

(06-07-2021, 02:56 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 01:39 PM)Ronster Wrote: Remember, the Jags went 1-15 last year, while we have a new coach and new ROOKIE QB and a few other players, I think we should temper the expectations of the upcoming season. I think the Jags need at least 7 wins and our QB to show that he is the real deal. Those two metrics would make this year successful IMO...

what say you?

I'm not as worried about record next year. Mission accomplished last season when the W-L was crucial to 'earn' the top pick.

As a matter of perspective, Burrow was 2-7-1 in 10 games until he got hurt last season. I think 7 is the upper limit of what we can expect next year. Don't forget we're also learning (or re-learning) a new defensive scheme too, there will be growing pains.

As long as we are not battling for the top pick again next year, and we see the offseason changes producing results, I'm calling it a win, no matter what the record may show.

Ya but, look what Indy did their first year with Peyton. Any reason we should or shouldn't expect the same results?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2021, 05:03 PM by scottyg.)

(06-07-2021, 03:22 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 02:56 PM)Mikey Wrote: I'm not as worried about record next year. Mission accomplished last season when the W-L was crucial to 'earn' the top pick.

Ya but, look what Indy did their first year with Peyton. Any reason we should or shouldn't expect the same results?

Indy had one really bad year after a decade long (or more) run of post-season appearances.  Most of the guys on that team had been there on a regular basis already.

Wait, you said Peyton.  Thought you were talking about Luck's first year.  I certainly hope Lawrence's interception total doesn't get anywhere near Peyton's record number.

I think we will win 7 ball games this year.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2021, 04:23 PM by SamusAranX.)

There are at least three teams in recent history who went from bottom of the barrel to playoff contenders that are similar to us this year; 2007 dolphins (1-15 to playoffs in 2008), 2007 falcons (4-12 to playoffs in 2008), and the Clots in 2011 (2-14 to playoffs in 2012).

That's the high ceiling, but i think success would be around the new .500 (8-9 or 9-8).

Realistically, though, we are looking at a 4 or 5 win year. Patience. I just want to see positives from Trevor Lawrence.

(06-07-2021, 04:22 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: There are at least three teams  in recent history who went from bottom of the barrel  to playoff contenders that are similar to us this year; 2007 dolphins (1-15 to playoffs in 2008), 2007 falcons (4-12 to playoffs in 2008), and the Clots in 2011 (2-14 to playoffs in 2012).

That's the high ceiling, but i think success would be around the new .500 (8-9 or 9-8).

Realistically, though, we are looking at a 4 or 5 win year. Patience. I just want to see positives from Trevor Lawrence.

lol, as Jaguar fans we have been abused so much that we would be happy with 4-5 wins... tragic

I'd like to see a bunch of wins, but I'll be happy if they just look competitive. Look the part of a real NFL team and that's a huge success compared to last year.

Pffft 11-6 isnt it still the offseason? I can still be optimistic. Just win baby!!!

3 wins would be a good result. The Jags were miles from being in games last year. If they play complete games and grab wins then that's a good result, in my opinion. The Jags were outclassed every weekend, particularly in the second half of the season. It would be nice to see them playing like they deserve to be on the field.

I am thinking we go 10-7 or 9-8.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I’m all with the 9 or 10 games. We have finally have a punchers chance with our QB.

Well, if we’re are judging what record they need to have to be considered “successful”, I’d argue it would be the same as any other team despite the previous season’s record. So more so a question of what record is to be considered successful. I personally have been there done that on guessing what w-l record would be good compared to how [BLEEP] our previous year was. We were 1-15 last year. Never thought those 3-13 days or 4-12 days looked so good. I would love to see improvement, but I’m sure we all have wanted to see that for years (2017 excluded)

At the end of the day you are as successful as your record says you are. We are a 1-15 team until we do something else. The Jags are terrible. If they win more games than lose they will be ok. Just miss the playoffs and they will be a good team. To be successful they need to make the playoffs. That is what successful teams do year in and year out. I may be sipping the cool-aid but at the end of the season that is how it will feel to me.
A new broom always sweeps clean.