Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Robinson top 100

Look, everyone. You just need to apply one simple rule:

People without the understanding to rank NFL players: NFL players, front offices, sports journalists who disagree with Upper, all fans
People with the understanding to rank NFL players: Upper

See? No need to discuss this any further; you're unqualified and wrong.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-13-2021, 09:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 08:53 AM)Upper Wrote: You can call me all the names and insert all of the expletives that you want. You know it's true, there's no way in hell Robinson goes top 100 if the NFL made every player in the league a FA and they had a draft right now.

Mostly because the top 40 would be all quarterbacks.

I wouldn't go that far, but yeah it would be overreppresented by QBs, and also OTs, WRs, DBs, and EDGEs. You'd probably have at least 3/4 of the players from that pool of impact players at those impact positions, and then you'd have a small handful each of TE/RB/IOL/IDL/ILB.

(08-13-2021, 08:53 AM)Upper Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 08:03 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Yeah, I know it's true.  That's why I'm calling your [BLEEP] out.  What a bonehead.

You can call me all the names and insert all of the expletives that you want. You know it's true, there's no way in hell Robinson goes top 100 if the NFL made every player in the league a FA and they had a draft right now.

Have you SEEN some of the GMs who would be making these picks? Big Grin 

All this contention, would you be happier if none of the Jags made the list? Even if they put him at 99 with an asterisk, I'm glad they recognized a dude who came in and made significant contributions as an UDFA rookie. Remember this guy had no camp, no preseason, and still showed the team enough to convince them to part ways with a guy they had selected fourth overall just a few short years prior, and had nearly zero help from backups or the sporadic passing game. The dude was a workhorse, and deserves recognition for what he did LAST SEASON. That's not to say he'll be a fixture on the list for years to come.

(08-13-2021, 09:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 08:53 AM)Upper Wrote: You can call me all the names and insert all of the expletives that you want. You know it's true, there's no way in hell Robinson goes top 100 if the NFL made every player in the league a FA and they had a draft right now.

Thanks for telling me what I think Karnak.
Thanks for the Spicy V8 out the nose
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-12-2021, 08:21 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 03:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote: That's OK.  I realize if it's the Jaguars then they get extra special scrutiny from you.  I've seen it for too many years.

Nope I'm just able to overcome my biases.

Let's put it this way: this list is essentially saying if you made every player a free agent and had a draft to win just this year which order should they get drafted in. If you truly think Robinson would go top 100 out of the entire league in a draft like that you are off your rocker.

LOL

This whole narrative is a prime example of you being unable to overcome your biases. One of which is to consistently take any positive report on the Jags and knock it down several notches. 

We don't have a picture perfect view of how these rankings are calculated and we don't need to have one. But they clearly aren't subject to your own personal bias regarding positional value, statistics/production, analytics vs actual game tape. 

And please let me know next time you back off of your pre draft analysis bias without changing your screen name. 
I've never seen it happen.

(08-13-2021, 12:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This whole narrative is a prime example of you being unable to overcome your biases. One of which is to consistently take any positive report on the Jags and knock it down several notches. 

You mean place it at the appropriate notch. Unfortunately we have been among the worst franchise of this generation so yes usually that means knocking it down a notch...but when called for I have no problem moving it up a notch too.

If you remember I was one of the first ones to say Robinson was actually going to be good and should flat out be better than Fournette. Saying Robinson isn't top 100 isn't a slight, since I said probably zero RB should make it. Unfortunately there can be no nuance.

(08-13-2021, 12:39 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 12:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This whole narrative is a prime example of you being unable to overcome your biases. One of which is to consistently take any positive report on the Jags and knock it down several notches. 

You mean place it at the appropriate notch. Unfortunately we have been among the worst franchise of this generation so yes usually that means knocking it down a notch...but when called for I have no problem moving it up a notch too.

If you remember I was one of the first ones to say Robinson was actually going to be good and should flat out be better than Fournette. Saying Robinson isn't top 100 isn't a slight, since I said probably zero RB should make it. Unfortunately there can be no nuance.

Worst franchise with some of arguably worst fans..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-13-2021, 12:39 PM)Upper Wrote:

Riiiiiigghhtt, so you're just going to invent your own personal rules about how YOU think positional value should affect NFL players voting on their own peers.  Brilliant. 

This poll isn't subject to your own personal bias on positional value, how bad the Jags have been historically, or the fact that anyone with two eyes saw that Robinson had better vision than Fournette coming out by the time the former came out. 

When a bunch of NFL players recognize a player on my favorite team I'm more likely to appreciate that as opposed to attempting to force my own invented rules upon the polling/voting in a way that would eliminate said player. But I guess I'm just a homer for accepting the NFL's methodology on a fun little list they compile every year for our entertainment.

I appreciate y'all giving me the credit for the invention of saying RBs don't matter much, but I'm far from the first person to prove that.

(08-13-2021, 01:03 PM)Upper Wrote: I appreciate y'all giving me the credit for the invention of saying RBs don't matter much, but I'm far from the first person to prove that.

Oh, no. You've misunderstood. No one is giving you credit for that. 

I'm giving you credit for ignorantly conflating draft and acquisition philosophy with a simple players poll on athletic talent.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 04:02 PM by iapetus. Edited 1 time in total.)

Let's see, then. How many RBs were taken in the first three rounds (roughly 100 picks) in recent years?

2021: 4 RBs in first 3 rounds
2020: 9 RBs in first 3 rounds
2019: 7 RBs in first 3 rounds
2018: 8 RBs in first 3 rounds
2017: 7 RBs and Leonard Fournette in first 3 rounds (okay, let's call it 8)
2016: 4 RBs in first 3 rounds
2015: 8 RBs in first 3 rounds
2014: 8 RBs in first 3 rounds

Looks like NFL teams like picking those running backs, doesn't it? Now, maybe having the whole league to pick from pushes them down some. But it's a rare year where there aren't at least one or two (or more) taken in the first round. And a list like this doesn't even correspond to how teams would draft in that situation, because there's no need to reach for, say, a QB based on need.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 07:22 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-13-2021, 09:57 AM)Upper Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 09:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Mostly because the top 40 would be all quarterbacks.

I wouldn't go that far, but yeah it would be overreppresented by QBs, and also OTs, WRs, DBs, and EDGEs. You'd probably have at least 3/4 of the players from that pool of impact players at those impact positions, and then you'd have a small handful each of TE/RB/IOL/IDL/ILB.

I'm gonna be honest, you couldn't list 100 players right now better than James Robinson. I get it, you are a hype man for "RB is not valuable"

Let me ask you this tho, since you think all of those other positions are more important. James Robinson on a team with no oline, no passing game, no QB was extremely productive last season. Now tell me this, if you have an "elite" offensive linemen and 4 other bums next to him, what impact does he make? (Joe Thomas in cleveland for example most of his career) That's right, none. Brandon Linder some may consider an elite Center, yet our O line has consistently been horrendus. 

The top 100 list is top 100 PLAYERS not top 100 most valuable positions regardless of how you look at it. So i'll leave it with this, go ahead and name me 100 players better than Robinson  based on the previous year. I'll wait.

(08-13-2021, 01:03 PM)Upper Wrote: I appreciate y'all giving me the credit for the invention of saying RBs don't matter much, but I'm far from the first person to prove that.

Once again, the top 100 list is based on last years performance. You can't legitimately name me 100 players who had a better season productivity wise than James Robinson and i'll remind you after 2015, Blake Bortles was #56 on that list. Lmao.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 04:42 PM by mal234. Edited 3 times in total.)

So James was actually #100, lol. I'm glad he made the list regardless. He came across as likeable and you can see that other players around the league respect him. Darious Leonard from the Colts spoke well of him and there were some Browns players that were complimentary towards him as well during the game when the Jags played against them last year.

Also, he is the first of eight running backs to make the list. So we are definitely getting more running backs up there, lol.

I just saw it. It was very nice to see

(08-11-2021, 06:00 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think he'll be ranked number 100.

Nailed it!

(08-15-2021, 04:59 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Nailed it!

Nice

(08-15-2021, 04:59 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Nailed it!

Lol yea you did.  Kind of price is righted it.  Anything higher would have just been gravy.  Im just razzin ya.  Durn good guess tho!

Just because the position isn’t valued as high in a draft setting(ie they get hurt too much, short career etc) doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot of truly special players at the position. I guess with that logic we might as well just make the top 32 all Qb’s since it’s the most valued position in the league and “draft”
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]