Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impresssions from the Texans Game-Wk 1

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 10:16 AM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-14-2021, 09:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:49 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: I hate being negative. I really do but I am tired of this franchise taking half measures and kicking the can down the road. They over paid for the coach instead of blue chip free agents. Free agency is a trap and I would be fine if the drafting was better.

The Urban Meyer hiring was not a half measure, it was a big splash signing, and I don't fault Shad Khan for the effort. He's spent money like crazy in his time here, he just can't get the right guys spending it.

The effort... I guess.. He put zero actual effort in choosing Urban Meyer.

He's a recruiter. Not an X's and O's guy. Never was, never can be. He's just not smart enough. He's just a liar and manipulator and therefore fooled a whole lot of parents to sign over their kids to him. Now he's dealing with adults that are richer than him and he can't deal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-14-2021, 08:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not worried about Trevor at all. When he was good, he was great. Some of those throws were amazing. He definitely has the best arm of any QB in Jags history. He has a cannon. These receivers aren't used to catching these types of passes. Our QB's of the past have basically thrown "flutter balls" with very little velocity. It's gonna take time for them to gel with Lawrence and learn how to catch his fastballs, but it will happen. Just have patience.

Yes, the interceptions were ugly. Very ugly, but imo, that is a by-product of Lawrence constantly facing pressure, having no running game to rely on, being down by double digits the entire game and trying to do too much when he is forced to throw 51 times in his pro debut. I blame this on the coaches. Trevor is gonna be just fine. If you thought he was gonna come in and look like Drew Brees in his prime, you were fooling yourself. This is a young QB with a lot of talent, but going from the NCAA in a weaker division, where you were used to dominating your opponents to the NFL where you are now on the worst team in the NFL with the worst O-Line in the NFL and a HC that has no NFL experience and looks completely lost, this is a HUGE difference. Lawrence will figure things out, but he's gonna need some help.
It's amazing how much this team is already relying on Trevor.

TLaw- 51 attempts (4th most for the week!)
Wilson- 37 attempts
Mac- 39 attempts

And I get it. If the Jags had come out and attempted to run the ball but got stuffed, this board would have been mad Urban didn't throw the ball enough. But I thought we were going to use the Russ Wilson blueprint for TLaws rookie year? Wilson never threw the ball more than 37 times his entire rookie year.

(09-14-2021, 10:16 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The Urban Meyer hiring was not a half measure, it was a big splash signing, and I don't fault Shad Khan for the effort. He's spent money like crazy in his time here, he just can't get the right guys spending it.

The effort... I guess.. He put zero actual effort in choosing Urban Meyer.

He's a recruiter. Not an X's and O's guy. Never was, never can be. He's just not smart enough. He's just a liar and manipulator and therefore fooled a whole lot of parents to sign over their kids to him. Now he's dealing with adults that are richer than him and he can't deal.

All that after one game?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-14-2021, 10:21 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:16 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The effort... I guess.. He put zero actual effort in choosing Urban Meyer.

All that after one game?

It's not like Urbz doesn't have a reputation for that kind of thing. Then the stories come out that he's flying off the handle at everyone all the time and it's not difficult to accept.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Did anyone see Trevor’s press conference after the game? I thought it was weird he stressed the need to stay together after one game. Maybe it is related to this stuff.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Although I was extremely disappointed with the outcome, if they can:

1. Clean up the stupid penalties
2. Not get in a big hole early
3. Run the ball (goes hand-in-hand with 1 and 2)
4. Hold onto the damn ball

I think it will be a better game. Can they do that? Only one way to find out.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]