Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer falling apart already?

I agree that we hear way too much g that "be patient" lingo around here. The owner has been too patient to a fault. Dave Caldwell had nearly a decade to ruin this team while Gus had way too much time as well.

Meyer isn't on the hot seat yet but if the team continues to look down right pathetic he will be soon
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-17-2021, 01:02 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I agree that we hear way too much g that "be patient" lingo around here. The owner has been too patient to a fault. Dave Caldwell had nearly a decade to ruin this team while Gus had way too much time as well.

Meyer isn't on the hot seat yet but if the team continues to look down right pathetic he will be soon

Meyer will not be on the hot seat in years if Khan is still the owner... He might quit soon though.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(09-17-2021, 11:28 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 04:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We were patient with Gus Bradley and Doug Marrone and where did that get us? I'll tell you, it got us further and further in the hole. I'm seeing red flag after red flag with Meyer. I'm willing to let the season play out. I'm not suggesting firing him now, (although if he wants to quit and take some college job it wouldn't break my heart.) I'm just saying the mistakes he's making are HUGE and obvious. Not the normal type of mistakes you'd see a HC with NFL experience making, so he'd better clean this crap up really fast or we will be calling for his head at the end of the season. Until then, expect the fans to call him out when we see obvious mistakes. That's part of the job. He needs to have thick skin. I know he's not used to criticism, because in college, he won everywhere he went, but the NFL is a totally different animal and from what I've seen he didn't do much homework when it came to knowing the make-up of this team before he got here. I truly believe he thought that once he got Trevor, everything would just fall into place and the wins would magically appear. You don't just get to pick your players and recruit them to prestigious football programs like he did in college. You have to convince grown men to want to come to a team like Jacksonville with a long history of losing and then you have to motivate those men to give 100% every week, even though many of them are making millions of guaranteed money. That's how his new job works.

I think we're on a good trajectory. Bradley was totally in over his head, Marrone was a tad better, and Urban has assembled a better coaching staff than Marrone.

Meyer is in over his head too.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-17-2021, 01:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 11:28 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I think we're on a good trajectory. Bradley was totally in over his head, Marrone was a tad better, and Urban has assembled a better coaching staff than Marrone.

Meyer is in over his head too.

He doesn't know how to communicate with grown men that have more money then he does. He knows how to control children.