Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer falling apart already?

(09-14-2021, 09:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Because ever since he was drafted, Wingard has been the most undisciplined player in the history of this franchise. He seems to get more 15 yard penalties than anyone else on the team, for as little as he has played in the past. They were almost always costly penalties. He is a liability in coverage and always has been. I can't for the life of me, figure out why he wasn't cut and Jarrod Wilson was let go. Wilson was no prize, but he was miles better than Wingard. Why anyone in their right mind would think it was a good idea to install Wingard in the starting lineup, baffles me to no end.

The only thing I have against the kid is that he's injured two of his teammates in practice. (including Josh Oliver who should still be on this team) 

He's not public enemy #1 to me at all. He's just a kid that should be a back up safety and ST guy at the very best and never start for an NFL team unless tragedy has befallen the DB room. 

The problem is the personnel decision makers who retained him over Jarrod Wilson and started him over the superior athlete in Cisco. Those guys [BLEEP] up and they [BLEEP] up badly.

Exactly NYC. He has plenty of heart and effort but the talent to be a starter just isnt there.

And the S position is so important in the modern game. You need the speed and the smarts to play that position now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-14-2021, 09:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 08:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: of all the scapegoating that goes on around here, I just don't understand what Wingard did to some of y'all's moms to make him public enemy #1.

I'd get it if he were the second coming of Chris Prosinski...y'all make him out to be worse than that. It's comical.

Because ever since he was drafted, Wingard has been the most undisciplined player in the history of this franchise. He seems to get more 15 yard penalties than anyone else on the team, for as little as he has played in the past. They were almost always costly penalties. He is a liability in coverage and always has been. I can't for the life of me, figure out why he wasn't cut and Jarrod Wilson was let go. Wilson was no prize, but he was miles better than Wingard. Why anyone in their right mind would think it was a good idea to install Wingard in the starting lineup, baffles me to no end.

You are so wrong about this.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrongwrongwrongwrong.

Wrong.

Dewey was an UDFA.

Everything else is dead on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-13-2021, 08:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:32 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/143...47264?s=19

Anyone see this? Can't tell if this is a joke or not. OP has 217k followers.

JOKE
Errrrrrrrrrr........

Look nothing changes until it changes. Let me challenge you who keep participating in the life cycle of losing... what was done at any point this past year that makes you think this isnt more of the same?

The off season was a disaster. The franchise has no direction and getting a vision person should not have included Urban Meyer. His personnel files are from a college recruitment trip 5 years ago. They screwed up the joy of getting the franchise first picking number one and getting the prize.

Could we enjoy it? No they flung poo on us by catering to jersey sales and putting in a fake QB competition. Did anyone see anything in the practice playbook that would have made Minshew successful? No it was a highlight event to try and get a better draft pick and they ended up at the same price they would have got pre-draft. Why?

The ownership sucks. At least he has kept the team in Jacksonville.outside of that it is a perpetual losing outfit.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-14-2021, 08:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/14377...28940?s=20

Dilla is probably one of the most connected people for Jags inside information.

Apparently, JLC was right.....

The whole back and forth between Dilla and Wiggs...man we are so screwed.

(09-14-2021, 09:51 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 08:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/14377...28940?s=20

I did like the comment about keeping the saints.
The Khan Years

(09-14-2021, 09:51 AM)Upper Wrote:

Dang. Just saw their interaction.

Honestly not sure how I feel about this. When Wiggs mentioned Bobby Petrino..... yikes.

(09-14-2021, 10:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:51 AM)Upper Wrote: The whole back and forth between Dilla and Wiggs...man we are so screwed.
Dang. Just saw their interaction.

Honestly not sure how I feel about this. When Wiggs mentioned Bobby Petrino..... yikes.

Honestly, the faster Meyer realizes he made a cataclysmic mistake and leaves the better it is for this franchise...so I hope Petrino is the route that will be the quickest.

I hate USC normally... but please please please.
The Khan Years

(09-14-2021, 10:28 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dang. Just saw their interaction.

Honestly, the faster Meyer realizes he made a cataclysmic mistake and leaves the better it is for this franchise...so I hope Petrino is the route that will be the quickest.
Petrino lasted 13 games so not sure how long Urban could last.

But if he's legit not in it for the long haul, get him out so we can find the guy for Trevor much faster. Joe Brady and Daboll step right up.

This dilla guy sounds very dramatic.

(09-14-2021, 10:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This dilla guy sounds very dramatic.

I am deferring to him going forward. Very well connected and has way more in the right column then anyone else.

Time to move on but we will see what happens next.
The Khan Years

(09-14-2021, 10:36 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:

I am deferring to him going forward. Very well connected and has way more in the right column then anyone else.

You all really believe UM is going to quit after 2 losses to go coach USC and drag his family 3000 miles across the country to scratch an itch? 

I just can't see it. But if he continues to coach like he did last week, I won't oppose it.

(09-14-2021, 10:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:36 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: I am deferring to him going forward. Very well connected and has way more in the right column then anyone else.

You all really believe UM is going to quit after 2 losses to go coach USC and drag his family 3000 miles across the country to scratch an itch? 

I just can't see it. But if he continues to coach like he did last week, I won't oppose it.
Did anyone say 2 losses?

He's very connected in the building and often breaks stuff that proves correct. I trust his work.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Dilla way more accurate historically than La-Can-[BLEEP]-Face. At this point I guess I am more concerned if it isn't true.

I would rather he succeed than fail.
If he is going to fail (so far definitely on the path), I would rather he do it quickly than torture us for 2 or 2 years.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1437784440911060992
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 11:33 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm not connected, but this rumor seems absurd after 1 game and seems to feed right into the anti-Urban crowd mentality both locally and nationally of which I was apart of prior to his hiring. This seems like someone in the media wants it to be true and takes the available scant evidence (i.e. we lost bad, he walked away from Florida, he's a college coach used to steamrolling the competition now making the jump to the NFL which has many examples of not working out, etc...) and pushes the agenda and then others on social media either wanting it to be true or fearful of it being true getting caught up and continuing to push it and share it. This looks to me like the overreaction of overreactions to a week 1 result in the NFL. My two cents.

Dilla was the biggest person hyping the Meyer hire and was publicly flaming people who had rightful concerns. For him to flip like he has is stark. It's really bad.

(09-14-2021, 09:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Because ever since he was drafted, Wingard has been the most undisciplined player in the history of this franchise. He seems to get more 15 yard penalties than anyone else on the team, for as little as he has played in the past. They were almost always costly penalties. He is a liability in coverage and always has been. I can't for the life of me, figure out why he wasn't cut and Jarrod Wilson was let go. Wilson was no prize, but he was miles better than Wingard. Why anyone in their right mind would think it was a good idea to install Wingard in the starting lineup, baffles me to no end.

You are so wrong about this.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrongwrongwrongwrong.

Wrong.

Dewey was an UDFA.

Everything else is dead on.

Sorry, I meant signed. 

[Image: 1bmu1d.jpg]