Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rating your confidence level on Meyer

Urban Meyer has gotten off to an extremely shaky start in his first year as an NFL head coach. There is no need to repeat all the mistakes he has made as those on this board are well aware of this. The bigger question is this: Despite Meyer's poor start, what is your confidence level (on a scale of 0-10) that he will learn from his mistakes and lead the Jaguars to several AFC South titles and at least one Super Bowl win. Regardless of whether this winning begins next season or no later than 2022-23, what is your current confidence level?

My personal rating would be a 3. I don't believe that he has the temperament or patience to handle losing. He overestimated his ability to adjust to the NFL - partly because he'd have a generational quarterback and even more-so due to his overinflated ego. Despite never liking him, I hoped he would at least turn around the team's bad fortunes for over a decade. I gave this a rating of 3 because it's still early and it is possible Meyer will prove his skeptics to be wrong.

What is your confidence level rating for Urban?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

On a scale of Sux to Awesome Sauce I give him a solid Meh.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It’s almost impossible to gauge that after only one game. I think we’ll have a much better handle on future team prospects 4:00 Sunday afternoon.

I've got him somewhere between    > Urban <

I’m concerned.

I was skeptical but optimistic.
The optimism has waned.

At this shaky point in his early tenure - I give him a 40% chance of getting to 6 wins this year and finding his way past .500 as a Jags HC down the road.

Here’s a similar thread from June for comparison:
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=34457

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2021, 03:40 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being he will never learn from his mistakes, and 10 being he will fix all his mistakes immediately, I am at 6.5.  I have some confidence, born of hope and general optimism, but I am a lot less confident than I was a week ago. 

The thing I wonder about, though- is it really Urban's fault that an experienced offensive lineman forgets that he can't line up in the backfield, or that experienced WRs forget how to catch the ball?  I still don't understand how this team could have played so poorly, especially since the ones that played poorly were veteran players and their position coaches and coordinators have extensive NFL experience.  First game jitters?  I don't see how the head coach could have caused all those boneheaded screwups.

I give him a F for the draft and free agency
I give him a F for the TE circus

Sadly at the end of today and we'll everything with this owner it just don't matter what fans think.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

On a scale of 1 to 10, about a 3.

I wonder how the Eagles felt after Chip Kelly's debut?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

after the blowout in week 1. its negtiave  100. I'm hopeing the team at least shows heart this week,and is a lot more comptiave.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Out of 10 I am keeping it a 6 right now. Lets see what it is after Sunday.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Optimistic.. going to play the wait and see game. Not going cry and whine about the first game. Too new of a regime to act stupid.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I understand the skeptism, I really do.

But, I'm in the wait and see camp.

He took over the reigns of the absolute worst team in football, has a rookie QB that is gonna take some time to develop and make a bunch of boneheaded rookie mistakes at times (even some of the great ones did that), and he has to find his own way to adjust from college to the NFL. We'll see if he can make that or not. It's gonna take a couple years if he can make it that long.

This defense is horrible. H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E

.91%
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I think he was taken a bit by surprise by the nature of NFL competitiveness, in spite of assurances that he knew what he was getting into. I think he can get it turned around but it's not going to be easy. On a scale of 1 to 10, my confidence is at a 5.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

It was a 2/10 when he was hired and it's a 1/10 now. I would be beyond shocked, though very pleasantly, if he wound up succeeding here.

(09-17-2021, 03:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s almost impossible to gauge that after only one game. I think we’ll have a much better handle on future team prospects 4:00 Sunday afternoon.
But it’s totally reasonable to gauge him after 2 games?

Not sure I’m buying that.

After 1 game?? After that one game I give I’m a 0 out of 10. I’m really hoping he gets his head out his [BLEEP] and figures it out. I’m not looking to go undefeated, I’m looking for competence. Ask me again after Sunday or a few weeks from now

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2021, 08:27 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-17-2021, 04:38 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: after the blowout in week 1. its negtiave  100. I'm hopeing the team at least shows heart this week,and is a lot more comptiave.

You’ve been around long enough to know money outweighs heart in the NFL. If a player ain’t cuttin it, then he will be finding other employment.

My rating is 5. It was just 1 game with a rookie QB and a bad defense. The defense played horrible last week against a backup QB. We could have came out the gate and scored 5 TDs in a row, on 5 straight possessions and we still would have lost.

We gave up 27 points at halftime. You ain’t gonna win ball games with that defense.