Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Broncos Game

(09-23-2021, 12:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 12:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I just find the comment super weird.

Like, the NFL players are really good? Duh.

Fangio probably asked, "How is it so far?" and Meyer said, "It's like playing Alabama every week."  And they both laughed.  

Big [BLEEP] deal.

Exactly, I'm sure it was just in response to question posed to him.  I hated the hire, but I'm not looking for things to complain about either.  Everything gets blown so out of proportion.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's playing a team better than Alabama every week. What it's not is playing the Bucs or Chiefs every week, and that's the new marks of differentiation this newb has to learn.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-23-2021, 03:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's playing a team better than Alabama every week. What it's not is playing the Bucs or Chiefs every week, and that's the new marks of differentiation this newb has to learn.

[Image: 107a97ca5bd4a571edcebec54a66fc32.jpg]

Wait, what's this?

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jaguars-wed...eaway-time

Quote:Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence on taking more checkdowns rather than throwing deep downfield into coverage: "For me, it's just taking more completions. [Passing-game coordinator Brian] Schottenheimer always talks about the power of completions. If you get a guy the ball, have a couple of completions in a row, they're going to make plays. Even if you only throw it three yards, he might get 20. Let those guys make plays … I can definitely do a better job of that."

The running game's usage will magically coincide with TL making good decisions. You'll all credit the running game with TL playing better rather than properly recognising that it was TL's improvement which allowed the running game to be used. But that's ok. It's only the internet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2021, 10:03 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Wait, what's this?

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jaguars-wed...eaway-time

Quote:Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence on taking more checkdowns rather than throwing deep downfield into coverage: "For me, it's just taking more completions. [Passing-game coordinator Brian] Schottenheimer always talks about the power of completions. If you get a guy the ball, have a couple of completions in a row, they're going to make plays. Even if you only throw it three yards, he might get 20. Let those guys make plays … I can definitely do a better job of that."

The running game's usage will magically coincide with TL making good decisions.  You'll all credit the running game with TL playing better rather than properly recognising that it was TL's improvement which allowed the running game to be used.  But that's ok.  It's only the internet.

And that's why the running game was so poor last year with the outstanding quarterback play we saw. Meanwhile you think we should make the passing game better using the most difficult and slowest progressing method possible instead of using our strength to make it easier for our rookie quarterback. It's good that it's only the internet, if football strategy and tactics were your occupation you'd likely starve.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2021, 07:58 PM by OzJohnnie. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OGc72j4-I

Bad decisions. Clear as day. TL is playing poorly because he's green. And running more doesn't make him less green. This team improves when TL improves. And we'll know by the end of the year if he'll make it or not.

(09-24-2021, 07:56 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OGc72j4-I

Bad decisions.  Clear as day.  TL is playing poorly because he's green.  And running more doesn't make him less green.  This team improves when TL improves.  And we'll know by the end of the year if he'll make it or not.

LOL

It puts him repeatedly into situations where he doesn't constantly have to attempt low completion percentage passes that make him appear "more geen."  

It's so freaking basic.