Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 NFL draft order

(10-07-2021, 02:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 02:04 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Gardner would be a great pick. If he gets taken earlier, the cornerback class looks strong again for 2022 and the Jags could still get someone like Trent McDuffie. At this point, pass rush and corner are top 2 priorities depending on Walker Little's development. If he disappoints, offensive tackle will need to also be in the picture.

I still think we need to go BPA regardless but you could put the needs like that.  We need to take whoever we feel will be the best player, I hope we don't go into the draft looking to fill needs again at certain positions.

Yea, the pick of C.J. Henderson shows what can happen when you place needs above BPA. At this point, Thibodeaux and Stingley appear to be the top 2 on most boards. Either of these players would be great picks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-07-2021, 04:29 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 02:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I still think we need to go BPA regardless but you could put the needs like that.  We need to take whoever we feel will be the best player, I hope we don't go into the draft looking to fill needs again at certain positions.

Yea, the pick of C.J. Henderson shows what can happen when you place needs above BPA. At this point, Thibodeaux and Stingley appear to be the top 2 on most boards. Either of these players would be great picks.

Kyle Hamilton as well, looks like an elite safety as well with great size, range, and ball skills.  The best safety to come out since Jamal Adams

This next draft looks loaded on the defensive side of the football, but it's a very poor class on the offensive side. Especially if you need a QB, OT or WR. There is a lot of talent at edge rusher, CB, LB and Safety. I'd go heavy on that side and take the BAP. We could use someone new at virtually every defensive position, outside of NT.

I'm not a big fan of Kyle Hamilton.

Sure he has the measurables but I think he's going to be another Taylor Mays instead of a Sean Taylor type player. I definitely wasn't wowed by his game last week either.

Right now the dream is we wind up with 1.01 and some teams love Willis enough that we get a major haul to trade down a couple spots and get Thibs anyway.

(10-07-2021, 09:29 PM)Upper Wrote: Right now the dream is we wind up with 1.01 and some teams love Willis enough that we get a major haul to trade down a couple spots and get Thibs anyway.

While that would be nice, this is a terribly weak QB class. If Willis were to enter the draft last year, I don't even know if he would've been a first round pick, as he is now. He probably would've been chosen ahead of Trask, but not any higher. Some team would have to be awfully desperate and careless to give a king's ransom to trade up and draft him. I know QB needy teams pay a lot at draft time, but the quality players at the position just don't exists at the position this time. I just don't see a discernible difference between Willis, Rattler, Strong and Ridder. IMO, they all look like mediocre QB prospects with major weaknesses.

(10-07-2021, 09:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 09:29 PM)Upper Wrote: Right now the dream is we wind up with 1.01 and some teams love Willis enough that we get a major haul to trade down a couple spots and get Thibs anyway.

While that would be nice, this is a terribly weak QB class. If Willis were to enter the draft last year, I don't even know if he would've been a first round pick, as he is now. He probably would've been chosen ahead of Trask, but not any higher. Some team would have to be awfully desperate and careless to give a king's ransom to trade up and draft him. I know QB needy teams pay a lot at draft time, but the quality players at the position just don't exists at the position this time. I just don't see a discernible difference between Willis, Rattler, Strong and Ridder. IMO, they all look like mediocre QB prospects with major weaknesses.
Although you're right, it happens every single year. When's the latest the first QB was taken in the last 10-15 years? 3rd overall?

(10-08-2021, 08:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 09:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: While that would be nice, this is a terribly weak QB class. If Willis were to enter the draft last year, I don't even know if he would've been a first round pick, as he is now. He probably would've been chosen ahead of Trask, but not any higher. Some team would have to be awfully desperate and careless to give a king's ransom to trade up and draft him. I know QB needy teams pay a lot at draft time, but the quality players at the position just don't exists at the position this time. I just don't see a discernible difference between Willis, Rattler, Strong and Ridder. IMO, they all look like mediocre QB prospects with major weaknesses.
Although you're right, it happens every single year. When's the latest the first QB was taken in the last 10-15 years? 3rd overall?

16th in 2013.  This QB class is better than that class by a good margin though

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 11:44 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-07-2021, 07:59 PM)enigma Wrote: I'm not a big fan of Kyle Hamilton.

Sure he has the measurables but I think he's going to be another Taylor Mays instead of a Sean Taylor type player. I definitely wasn't wowed by his game last week either.

Taylor Mays never moved the way Hamilton does, Hamilton moves around out there like he's 5' 10" yet he's 6'4" nor did he have the ball skills Hamilton has.  Sean Taylor would knock your head off, thats not Hamilton either.  If you're waiting on the next Sean Taylor you will likely never draft another safety.  He plays a lot like Earl Thomas imo yet he's 6'4".  With Cisco and Hamilton we would have 2 ballhawks in the secondary. I didn't see the ND vs Cincy, did he give up some big plays?

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 04:28 PM by enigma. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-08-2021, 11:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 07:59 PM)enigma Wrote: I'm not a big fan of Kyle Hamilton.

Taylor Mays never moved the way Hamilton does, Hamilton moves around out there like he's 5' 10" yet he's 6'4" nor did he have the ball skills Hamilton has.  Sean Taylor would knock your head off, thats not Hamilton either.  If you're waiting on the next Sean Taylor you will likely never draft another safety.  He plays a lot like Earl Thomas imo yet he's 6'4".  With Cisco and Hamilton we would have 2 ballhawks in the secondary.  I didn't see the ND vs Cincy, did he give up some big plays?

I get all of your points and I agree with you for the most part - all I'm saying is that I think he might fizzle out like a Taylor Mays versus a Sean Taylor because of how hyped he is combined with his measurables that analysts salivate over.

Sean Taylor was a true rarebreed safety that was certainly a thumper but equally a rangy ballhawk FS because of his outrageous athleticism and excellent football IQ. And yeah, there will never be another safety like him even though I think some analysts try to make certain prospects fill his shoes.

Is Hamilton good? Yes.

Is he elite? I certainly do not think so and don't think he's the 3rd best prospect in this upcoming draft.

I kept a close watch on him with regards to the Cincy game and yeah, he was very unassuming for most of the game and gave up a TD where he looked clunky trying to defend the ball. He did have a good PBU on a play but, I'm not pinning him down because of just a play or two however, I think this is more of people trying to make him out to be something that I don't think he is.

I'm not Nostradamus here so he can definitely prove me wrong but as of now, I just don't see him as an ELITE prospect.

(10-07-2021, 09:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I haven't been paying attention hardly at all this year.... Isn't the ole miss guy supposed to be really good?

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 06:29 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(10-08-2021, 04:39 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 09:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: While that would be nice, this is a terribly weak QB class. If Willis were to enter the draft last year, I don't even know if he would've been a first round pick, as he is now. He probably would've been chosen ahead of Trask, but not any higher. Some team would have to be awfully desperate and careless to give a king's ransom to trade up and draft him. I know QB needy teams pay a lot at draft time, but the quality players at the position just don't exists at the position this time. I just don't see a discernible difference between Willis, Rattler, Strong and Ridder. IMO, they all look like mediocre QB prospects with major weaknesses.

I haven't been paying attention hardly at all this year.... Isn't the ole miss guy supposed to be really good?

I'm not really impressed. He's very undersized at 6' 200 lbs. He racked up really good numbers against pathetic competition in the first 3 games. Against Alabama though, he had a good completion percentage, but didn't really move them down the field and used the entire game to play it safe and use high percentage passes and drives were stalled. He didn't take any chances to get the offense going. I just didn't see anything to make him stand out.

Everyone is starting to realize Willis is the gem of this class. He's going to be coveted and there will be 3-4 teams that want to get him and not settle for the next tier of QBs. Whoever has 1.01 is going to get bank if they don't need a QB. Please be us.

(10-08-2021, 10:00 PM)Upper Wrote: Everyone is starting to realize Willis is the gem of this class. He's going to be coveted and there will be 3-4 teams that want to get him and not settle for the next tier of QBs. Whoever has 1.01 is going to get bank if they don't need a QB. Please be us.

He's far from a gem. If he had the type of year he is having now and were in last year's class, he would probably be taken below Mac Jones and above Kyle Trask. He's very, very raw. You'd be drafting him for what he could be, not for what he is now. He's extremely athletic, but not a natural passer IMO.

(10-08-2021, 10:00 PM)Upper Wrote: Everyone is starting to realize Willis is the gem of this class. He's going to be coveted and there will be 3-4 teams that want to get him and not settle for the next tier of QBs. Whoever has 1.01 is going to get bank if they don't need a QB. Please be us.

Would you rather us win 2 games, get rhe first pick, and Trevor look like he's progressing very slowly. Or win 5 games because trevor really comes along quickly in the second half and is looking like a budding superstar. If we didn't have our QB and our team was bad as it is I would normally be on the side of rooting for the first pick. But in this case I think I'd much rather see our franchise QB win us a few games and look like a future stud.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 10:34 AM by Upper. Edited 3 times in total.)

(10-09-2021, 01:02 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Would you rather us win 2 games, get rhe first pick, and Trevor look like he's progressing very slowly. Or win 5 games because trevor really comes along quickly in the second half and is looking like a budding superstar. If we didn't have our QB and our team was bad as it is I would normally be on the side of rooting for the first pick. But in this case I think I'd much rather see our franchise QB win us a few games and look like a future stud.

I would prefer Trevor look like he is making good growth like he did on Thursday but we still lose nailbiters. Our schedule is getting tougher to the point that that will be possible in most cases.

Getting a franchise QB is the most important thing, but getting a franchise pass rusher while also picking up several other top picks is a close second. Hopefully it would come with the bonus of Meyer resigning.

EDIT: Obviously this answer is after our 0-4 start, my answer would be win as much as possible at the start of the season. Once the season is clearly lost though, give me the draft position.

(10-09-2021, 01:02 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

I want the wins. As many as possible. The only reason to want to pick high in the draft is to get a franchise QB. We have that now. I just wanna see success. This draft is gonna be loaded with defensive talent, so it doesn't matter where we select. We just have to be smart about the guys we bring in.

(10-09-2021, 08:59 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 01:02 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Would you rather us win 2 games, get rhe first pick, and Trevor look like he's progressing very slowly. Or win 5 games because trevor really comes along quickly in the second half and is looking like a budding superstar. If we didn't have our QB and our team was bad as it is I would normally be on the side of rooting for the first pick. But in this case I think I'd much rather see our franchise QB win us a few games and look like a future stud.

I want the wins. As many as possible. The only reason to want to pick high in the draft is to get a franchise QB. We have that now. I just wanna see success. This draft is gonna be loaded with defensive talent, so it doesn't matter where we select. We just have to be smart about the guys we bring in.

This, is doesn't matter where we pick we just have to take the right players

Gonna watch that Iowa game and keep an eye on Tyler Linderbaum. Could be a possibility in the 2nd for our interior

Spencer rattler benched. In that Iowa Penn state game keep an eye on jaquon brisker. Would love to nab him with our second next year.