Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

(12-19-2021, 11:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't know of what the rumors are but when you watch him I don't see a guy that's lacking athleticism.  But he also said that Neal reminds him of Cam Robinson

Allen was actually a 4th round pick.  Allen wasn't close to the prospect that Hutch is.

Allen was a 4th round pick because he played at Idaho State. If he played at a Power 5 school he would have went much higher.
There has been a bunch of players that have went to small schools that have been drafted high.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-19-2021, 11:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Allen was a 4th round pick because he played at Idaho State. If he played at a Power 5 school he would have went much higher.
There has been a bunch of players that have went to small schools that have been drafted high.

Depending on position, yes, still doesn't change the fact that the entire league missed on Allen multiple times and he would have went higher if he didn't play at Idaho State. He only got better and better.

I like both Thibs and Hutch, but production can't be ignored. Hutch only has one season of it.

(12-19-2021, 11:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:24 PM)Upper Wrote: There have been rumors about his athletic numbers that are pretty shocking too. If he tests anywhere near as good as they say he will not be lacking in athleticism whatsoever.

I don't know of what the rumors are but when you watch him I don't see a guy that's lacking athleticism.  But he also said that Neal reminds him of Cam Robinson

(12-19-2021, 09:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I fully admit, I have some biases against Michigan D-Linemen. It seems like they never really make the transition into the NFL. There is something very different about Hutchinson though and as the season went on, I could no longer deny how good he was, even though I went kicking and screaming. He is technically as good as it gets, he's strong and his motor never quits. He may not be the fastest guy, but what he lacks in athleticism, he makes up for in technique and determination. He reminds me so much of Jared Allen and if he does turn out to be as good as him, we'll be getting a heck of a player. Allen had a 12 year NFL career and racked up 136 sacks.
Allen was actually a 4th round pick.  Allen wasn't close to the prospect that Hutch is.

Neal still reminds me of Robinson. I'd only use him as a RT and I certainly wouldn't use a first rounder on him or a 2nd. 

I know Allen was a 4th rounder, but that is irrelevant. Hutchinson reminds me of Allen by the way that he plays. Allen was technically sound and had a motor that never quit. He never took plays off and neither does Hutchinson.

I keep hearing Thibodeaux is a lot smaller than what he is listed (6’5” 258 lb). I also think Hutchinson is going to test a lot better than people think (Hutchinson was number 2 on Bruce Feldman’s freak list this year).

As someone one else mentioned, I love Hutchinson’s fit across from Josh Allen a lot more. I think at the minimum, he could come in and immediately be a stud in run defense.

(12-20-2021, 01:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't know of what the rumors are but when you watch him I don't see a guy that's lacking athleticism.  But he also said that Neal reminds him of Cam Robinson

Neal still reminds me of Robinson. I'd only use him as a RT and I certainly wouldn't use a first rounder on him or a 2nd. 

I know Allen was a 4th rounder, but that is irrelevant. Hutchinson reminds me of Allen by the way that he plays. Allen was technically sound and had a motor that never quit. He never took plays off and neither does Hutchinson.
I think Neal could come in and be dominant at either guard spot if one wanted to play him there.  Wouldn't use a 2nd on a guy that that is 6'7 350, freak athleticism and has played great at LT, RT,  and G.  Ok lol

I’m taking Hutch all day. Same caliber if not better tools than Thib and with that motor his floor is much lower.

It's going to be an interesting 5 months debating these two.

Shipley is firmly in the Thibs camp.

(12-20-2021, 12:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It's going to be an interesting 5 months debating these two.

Shipley is firmly in the Thibs camp.

I'm not going to be surprised or even debate people that like Thibs more, but I am surprised that he hates Hutch so much.

If the report that the Jaguars will retain GM Trent Baalke is accurate and the Jaguars end up with the # 1 pick, my gut feeling at this time Kayvon Thibodeaux will be the Jaguars selection. This is unless Aidan Hutchinson is significantly ranked higher on the Jaguars Draft Board. The relationship between Trent Baakle and Jim Harbaugh is hard to overlook when trying to gauge the 2022 Draft. Especially, with pick # 1 of the entire draft.

(12-28-2021, 07:02 PM)D6 Wrote: If the report that the Jaguars will retain GM Trent Baalke is accurate and the Jaguars end up with the # 1 pick, my gut feeling at this time Kayvon Thibodeaux will be the Jaguars selection.  This is unless Aidan Hutchinson is significantly ranked higher on the Jaguars Draft Board.  The relationship between Trent Baakle and Jim Harbaugh is hard to overlook when trying to gauge the 2022 Draft. Especially, with pick # 1 of the entire draft.

Good gravy if someone is this immature at this level of management that might be the worst thing you could put on their resume.

Trent Baalke stooping to Shelley Meyer's level. You gotta love it.

If Neal grades out close to Hutch/Thib, I want the LT. Protect the franchise QB.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 02:53 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-29-2021, 02:11 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: If Neal grades out close to Hutch/Thib, I want the LT. Protect the franchise QB.

I honestly wouldn't be upset at all if we took Neal and if he becomes an All Pro tackle like he has the potential  to be he would be the right pick and huge for Trev.  He still has 2 more games against possibly 3 of the best pass rushers in college to evaluate him so that is nice to know.

The more we get into the draft process the more and more I see people raising flags about Neal. He has all of the tools you want, but he's just not great yet. He's not even in the same realm as Thibs and Hutch. He miiiiight not even be in tier 2 but his potential probably keeps him there for me.

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2021, 05:15 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-29-2021, 11:32 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 07:02 PM)D6 Wrote: If the report that the Jaguars will retain GM Trent Baalke is accurate and the Jaguars end up with the # 1 pick, my gut feeling at this time Kayvon Thibodeaux will be the Jaguars selection.  This is unless Aidan Hutchinson is significantly ranked higher on the Jaguars Draft Board.  The relationship between Trent Baakle and Jim Harbaugh is hard to overlook when trying to gauge the 2022 Draft. Especially, with pick # 1 of the entire draft.

Good gravy if someone is this immature at this level of management that might be the worst thing you could put on their resume.

Trent Baalke stooping to Shelley Meyer's level. You gotta love it.

After everything that happened with the Jaguars this season, this after the way last season went,  a new GM and HC from outside the organization clearly is in the best interest of the team.  

In the case of Trent Baalke,  there's definitely too many questions for it to make sense for Jaguars ownership to retain him.   What happens in the coming days and weeks remains to be seen. IMHO,  until/ unless there's an official announcement that Baalke is being retained,  the efforts by Jaguars fans to voice their opinion about the need to move on from Baalke are worth the time and energy.

Hutch has disappeared in the first half vs Georgia.

(12-31-2021, 09:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hutch has disappeared in the first half vs Georgia.

He is getting blocked. Georgia has pretty decent tackles. They are also giving help.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-31-2021, 09:47 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 09:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hutch has disappeared in the first half vs Georgia.

He is getting blocked. Georgia has pretty decent tackles. They are also giving help.

I've seen several plays where he is being double teamed. Also, Jamaree Salyer may be the most underrated OT in the country.

(12-31-2021, 09:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 09:47 PM)Jag149 Wrote: He is getting blocked. Georgia has pretty decent tackles. They are also giving help.

I've seen several plays where he is being double teamed. Also, Jamaree Salyer may be the most underrated OT in the country.
I would still like the potential #1 pick to show out.

It’ll be an interesting 5 months debating these two though.

(12-31-2021, 09:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 09:47 PM)Jag149 Wrote: He is getting blocked. Georgia has pretty decent tackles. They are also giving help.

Yep seen the same thing and the tight end chip on the way out too.  Appears the whole Michigan team is experiencing SEC culture shock this first half.  See what happens in the second.  I am not fully in on Hutch. I was waiting to see this game....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2022, 12:37 AM by DTWD4∞. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hutch was outmatched in this game. To the point he looked lost on a number of plays. Especially some of Bennet’s scrambles I now seriously wonder if he is that far above everyone else in the draft. We now get the SEC title game rematch. Neal for ‘Bama and Salyer for UGA. These two tackles look to be highlighted that nite as far as online prospects. Nacoby Dean played at a high level too. Alas, Williams sid not get to shine on the deep routes without Methcie driving the defense crazy from the slot. It honestly looked like a flip from DE to OT tonite for top pick