Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

Godwin in FA, Hutchinson or similar pass rusher in the draft, and then taking whichever of this glut of mid/late 1st round graded WRs falls to our early 2nd rounder is the dream for me. We definitely need to add two stud receiving options IMO.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 06:44 PM by Black and Teal. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-15-2021, 05:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Godwin in FA, Hutchinson or similar pass rusher in the draft, and then taking whichever of this glut of mid/late 1st round graded WRs falls to our early 2nd rounder is the dream for me. We definitely need to add two stud receiving options IMO.

This is what I want, like exactly. But also, I’d do anything to get our hands on Jameson Williams. Maybe he goes 1st round, but I’m trading into the first if he goes late 20s. I think Marvin Jones, Jameson Williams, and Chris Godwin will fix our issues along with adding Travis Etienne.

(11-15-2021, 05:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Godwin in FA, Hutchinson or similar pass rusher in the draft, and then taking whichever of this glut of mid/late 1st round graded WRs falls to our early 2nd rounder is the dream for me. We definitely need to add two stud receiving options IMO.
I think most agree that Godwin should be a priority. There are a few on here who believe he’s a product of Mike Evans.

(11-15-2021, 06:43 PM)Black and Teal Wrote:

This is what I want, like exactly. But also, I’d do anything to get our hands on Jameson Williams. Maybe he goes 1st round, but I’m trading into the first if he goes late 20s. I think Marvin Jones, Jameson Williams, and Chris Godwin will fix our issues along with adding Travis Etienne.

The Jaguars are fortunate to have an extra 3rd rounder (Henderson trade) as well as four 6th round picks. This should enable them to either move back up to the end of round 1 or the top of round 2 to get Williams or another player they covet. They need to be judicious with these picks since it appears they will need to address several positions. In addition to wide receiver and pass rusher, they need another cornerback and offensive tackle.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 07:56 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-15-2021, 04:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 03:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think many of us would agree that at this point, WR is our #1 need. Before the season, I didn't think there were any elite WR's in this draft class. I really liked Chris Olave, but I wouldn't put him in the same category as a Ja'Marr Chase. With that said, I wanted to check out Jameson Williams of Alabama. I just got done watching his latest performance against NMSU. My mind is now officially changed. I new I was really impressed when I saw him early in the season, but I didn't know how consistent this kid has been. I didn't realize that this kid already has over 1,000 yards receiving on the season and has gotten over 150 yards receiving per game in his last 2 games. He has five 100 yard receiving games on the season and has gotten better and better as the season goes on. He's averaging an amazing 20.2 yards per catch as well and in his last 4 games has receptions of 75, 65, 58 and 50 yards.

This kid may be just what this team needs. Just look at how many really good receivers Alabama has sent to the NFL. I believe Williams will be that next guy. Alabama just keeps churning out great receivers, year after year. It will be very interesting to see what he runs in the 40, but he looks fast. He certainly gets separation. At 6'2" he has ideal height as well, but at only 189 lbs, I would like to see him add a bit out weight to his frame. I'm really excited about this kid though. He's a Junior, so I hope he enters the draft. If he keeps this up, I could see him being a top 5-10 pick as well.

The Jaguars are likely to be picking in the 5-8 range due to winnable games vs. S.F., Houston, Atlanta and the Jets. Even the 2nd Indy game in Jacksonville is a possible win. Even if they win 3 of these games, that will still land them a top 10 pick. There is no question that receiver is the team's greatest need. I don't see Williams being a top 10 pick, however, so the only way he ends up in Jacksonville is if they trade down. My preference would be for the Jaguars to use their free agent money on Davante Adams or Godwin. They could then use their 1st round pick on an edge rusher/outside linebacker, offensive tackle or the BAP if Kyle Hamilton is still on the board.

If Williams keeps it up, he's definitely a top 10 pick, as long as he runs a 4.5/40 or better.

There is absolutely no way, what so ever that Davante Adams is gonna want to come to Jacksonville. I don't see Godwin coming here either. Our team is a complete mess from top to bottom. No FA with any clout is gonna want to come here, unless they have no other options. With that said, I think more realistic options at WR might be Mike Williams, Antonio Brown, Courtland Sutton or even re-signing D.J. Chark and I'm not sure we could lure one of these guys either, especially if the rumors were true that we "low-balled" a bunch of free agents last offseason. None of the guys I mentioned would be "difference makers" anyway. It would be really nice to get a big name free agent WR, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. These guys are gonna have options to go to much better organizations.

(11-15-2021, 07:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 04:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: The Jaguars are likely to be picking in the 5-8 range due to winnable games vs. S.F., Houston, Atlanta and the Jets. Even the 2nd Indy game in Jacksonville is a possible win. Even if they win 3 of these games, that will still land them a top 10 pick. There is no question that receiver is the team's greatest need. I don't see Williams being a top 10 pick, however, so the only way he ends up in Jacksonville is if they trade down. My preference would be for the Jaguars to use their free agent money on Davante Adams or Godwin. They could then use their 1st round pick on an edge rusher/outside linebacker, offensive tackle or the BAP if Kyle Hamilton is still on the board.

If Williams keeps it up, he's definitely a top 10 pick, as long as he runs a 4.5/40 or better.

There is absolutely no way, what so ever that Davante Adams is gonna want to come to Jacksonville. I don't see Godwin coming here either. Our team is a complete mess from top to bottom. No FA with any clout is gonna want to come here, unless they have no other options. With that said, I think more realistic options at WR might be Mike Williams, Antonio Brown, Courtland Sutton or even re-signing D.J. Chark and I'm not sure we could lure one of these guys either, especially if the rumors were true that we "low-balled" a bunch of free agents last offseason. None of the guys I mentioned would be "difference makers" anyway. It would be really nice to get a big name free agent WR, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. These guys are gonna have options to go to much better organizations.
I don’t think Sutton is a FA. Maybe he could be had via trade.

I would like to see the Jags make a major splash at WR via a trade like Diggs or Hopkins. McLaurin, DJ Moore, Ridley (maybe he’s ready to play), Tee Higgins…. I never thought Hopkins or Diggs would be available so maybe one of these guys has a chance to be nabbed.

(11-15-2021, 08:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 07:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If Williams keeps it up, he's definitely a top 10 pick, as long as he runs a 4.5/40 or better.

I don’t think Sutton is a FA. Maybe he could be had via trade.

I would like to see the Jags make a major splash at WR via a trade like Diggs or Hopkins. McLaurin, DJ Moore, Ridley (maybe he’s ready to play), Tee Higgins…. I never thought Hopkins or Diggs would be available so maybe one of these guys has a chance to be nabbed.

According to Spotrac.com Sutton is a free agent. I don't know. Maybe they have the wrong information. I just looked at the players on their site. 

We might get a good veteran WR via a trade, but I don't see Buffalo or the Cards trading away Diggs or Hopkins. D.J. Moore and Tee Higgins could be real possibilities. I especially like the idea of trading for Higgins. I think the kid has big time talent, but with the acquisition of Chase, he's now "second fiddle." 

Personally, I really wanna do a trade to get a good OT. I just don't like this OT draft class and Jawaan Taylor has been an unmitigated disaster at RT. I could see us re-signing Cam Robinson, but then there is the issue of who would move to RT, him or Little.

Sutton is a FA and would be a good get. Get one of the top WR in FA, and BPA in the draft. If a WR is at the top of our board in the 2nd it's even better. That would be best case scenario.

(11-15-2021, 08:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 08:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don’t think Sutton is a FA. Maybe he could be had via trade.

According to Spotrac.com Sutton is a free agent. I don't know. Maybe they have the wrong information. I just looked at the players on their site. 

We might get a good veteran WR via a trade, but I don't see Buffalo or the Cards trading away Diggs or Hopkins. D.J. Moore and Tee Higgins could be real possibilities. I especially like the idea of trading for Higgins. I think the kid has big time talent, but with the acquisition of Chase, he's now "second fiddle." 

Personally, I really wanna do a trade to get a good OT. I just don't like this OT draft class and Jawaan Taylor has been an unmitigated disaster at RT. I could see us re-signing Cam Robinson, but then there is the issue of who would move to RT, him or Little.
No I didn’t mean to trade for Diggs or Hopkins but a trade like that for an elite WR. Those teams were aggressive in getting their young QB a top flight WR.

I don’t want the Jags to piddle around with chances on other WRs. Go get one who’s already established. 

Also that’s awesome about Sutton being a FA. More options is always better.

The fact that Godwin already has a super bowl could work in our favor. He might prioritize making as much money as possible since he's got a ring, and we should absolutely be the team offering the most.

(11-15-2021, 08:51 PM)Upper Wrote: The fact that Godwin already has a super bowl could work in our favor. He might prioritize making as much money as possible since he's got a ring, and we should absolutely be the team offering the most.

According to several reports I saw, we were rumored to be low-balling free agents last season, which is inexcusable.

(11-15-2021, 04:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: The Jaguars are likely to be picking in the 5-8 range due to winnable games vs. S.F., Houston, Atlanta and the Jets. Even the 2nd Indy game in Jacksonville is a possible win. Even if they win 3 of these games, that will still land them a top 10 pick. There is no question that receiver is the team's greatest need. I don't see Williams being a top 10 pick, however, so the only way he ends up in Jacksonville is if they trade down. My preference would be for the Jaguars to use their free agent money on Davante Adams or Godwin. They could then use their 1st round pick on an edge rusher/outside linebacker, offensive tackle or the BAP if Kyle Hamilton is still on the board.

I always enjoy your "takes" and appreciate the passion you have for the Jaguars. That being said, I disagree with your view that very good players will not come to Jacksonville in free agency. Most players will select the team which offers the most money. Other factors are quality of life and whether the team is heading in the right direction. Jacksonville is a very good place to live. Why else would many retired Jaguars choose to remain here following their careers. Many of these players are avid golfers, hunters and fishermen. That's another plus for Jacksonville. I have no idea whether they "low-balled" some prospective free agents last year, but I doubt Rayshawn Jenkins, Shaq Griffin or Malcolm Brown would agree with this. Shad Khan was able to sign free agents Calais Campbell and A.J. Bouye in 2017 following a 3-13 season for the Jags in 2016. I've got to believe a young receiver like Chris Godwin would consider Jacksonville an attractive destination due to having Trevor Lawrence as his quarterback. Nobody can disagree that the Jaguars have been terrible for the past 15 years, but that doesn't mean they can't become winners again like they were during their first decade. The New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers are just 2 examples of horrible franchises which were able to eventually thrive. Urban Meyer may not be the caliber of NFL coach of a Chuck Noll or Bill Bellichek, but the Jaguars finally have a quarterback who can be elite. Now they need to add more quality players to provide Lawrence with the supporting cast necessary to win in the NFL.

I'm leaning towards Evan Neal with our first pick if he is there. Can play 4 spots on the oline at a high level. I'd have him at RT with Little taking over for Robinson.

(11-16-2021, 10:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm leaning towards Evan Neal with our first pick if he is there.  Can play 4 spots on the oline at a high level.  I'd have him at RT with Little taking over for Robinson.

Now that is an interesting take. IF he is the real deal at RT. But do we want to use a high 1st round pick, possibly in the top five, for RT? Seems we aren't thrilled with the last 2 Tackles taken at the top of the second round by the previous regime so perhaps it is worth it.

I say Hamilton, we have no help in the secondary. Our dline has been solid the past couple games.

(11-15-2021, 01:38 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 05:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'd rather have David Ojabo. He looks way more athletic and whereas Hutchinson gets sacks in bundles, Ojabo has been consistently wrecking opposing QB's all season and he's getting better as the season goes on. IMO, he is without a doubt, my #1 OLB prospect to this point in the season, outside of Thibodeaux. I'd easily spend a top 10 pick on Ojabo right now. He impresses me more and more each week.
After the Penn State game, I would agree on Ojabo.  Question is come draft time where is he going to be projected. If he keeps this up I can see top ten spot

while watching that game, though, I couldn't help but wonder if Ojabo is the guy who flourishes when the guy on the other side is drawing the double teams, or if he's actually good enough to be your centerpiece pass rusher. I mean, I hope we have Josh Allen to draw primary attention, but if we are choosing between Hutch and Ojabo, I might lean to Hutch.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 03:28 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-16-2021, 12:18 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 01:38 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: After the Penn State game, I would agree on Ojabo.  Question is come draft time where is he going to be projected. If he keeps this up I can see top ten spot

while watching that game, though, I couldn't help but wonder if Ojabo is the guy who flourishes when the guy on the other side is drawing the double teams, or if he's actually good enough to be your centerpiece pass rusher. I mean, I hope we have Josh Allen to draw primary attention, but if we are choosing between Hutch and Ojabo, I might lean to Hutch.

I think Hutch would absolutely flourish across from a guy like Allen. A guy with the size to play a true SAM, all of the athletic traits and production you want in a stud pass rusher, and a relentless motor that will clean up a ton of the pressures that Allen creates but doesn't finish himself.

Ojabo would do plenty of that too to be fair, except for the SAM size part IMO.

Come draft time, I could see legitimate cases for the Jaguars to draft several different guys in the 5-6 spot. It's a given that Thibodeaux will be gone as well as one quarterback. After that, possible options would be:

1. Aiden Hutchinson or David Ojabo to improve the pass rush.

2. Evan Neal to strengthen the offensive line, especially if he can play left tackle.

3.Derek Stingley if Tyson Campbell doesn't continue to improve.

4. Kyle Hamilton due to being the BAP and likely pro-bowler.

Every year we hear talk about the benefits of trading down if the opportunity is there. This year could be the year when this will happen. Although it's a weak quarterback class, I could see teams like Washington, Atlanta and Carolina attempting to move up to get their quarterback of choice. Willis, Corral and Pickett are possible targets for these teams despite the fact none of them compares to the top quarterbacks of last year's draft. It wouldn't be the first time (or the last) that a team makes a bad trade to reach for a quarterback. All three of these teams are likely to be picking in the top 10-12 so the Jaguars could still end up with a very good player in round 1. If they could also receive a number 1 in 2023 plus an additional 2nd or 3rd in 2022 this deal would be a no-brainer for the Jags. They could still possibly end up getting Ojabo or the best receiver (Olave or Jameson Williams) in round 1 addressing a critical need for next season. The two number 1 picks in 2023 should then put them over the top if they don't blow the picks like Caldwell, Smith and Harris typically did.

(11-16-2021, 02:11 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:18 PM)Mikey Wrote: while watching that game, though, I couldn't help but wonder if Ojabo is the guy who flourishes when the guy on the other side is drawing the double teams, or if he's actually good enough to be your centerpiece pass rusher. I mean, I hope we have Josh Allen to draw primary attention, but if we are choosing between Hutch and Ojabo, I might lean to Hutch.

I think Hutch would absolutely flourish across from a guy like Allen. A guy with the size to play a true SAM, all of the athletic traits and production you want in a stud pass rusher, and a relentless motor that will clean up a ton of the pressures that Allen creates but doesn't finish himself.

Ojabo would do plenty of that too to be fair, except for the SAM size part IMO.

And we have a strong Michigan/Cullen connection...let's do it.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...5935417349