Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Settle down pitchfork and torch crowd. Meyer isn't going anywhere for the near future

(10-24-2021, 10:54 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Marrone was horrible. Hes a nice guy but that was about it

And he's still 10x better than Urbs is

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2021, 10:59 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(10-24-2021, 10:54 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Marrone was horrible. Hes a nice guy but that was about it

Marrone had garbage QBs and still made the AFCC. Meyer has Trevor and is barely 1-5. 

Give Meyer Minshew and he would be 0-6 and probably ends up 0-17
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Was he tho? I feel like Marrone was decent. I wonder what he could have done with a good QB.

(10-24-2021, 10:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

And he's still 10x better than Urbs is

That's why teams are beating down the door to hire Marrone. Lost 15 straight. Rolleyes
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-24-2021, 11:14 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 10:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote: And he's still 10x better than Urbs is

That's why teams are beating down the door to hire Marrone. Lost 15 straight. Rolleyes

He was literally unemployed for like a week lol, he got snatched right up by Saban/Bama when this team fired him. He also helped lead us to our only winning season in the last 14 years... He's HoF level compared to Urbs.

Meyer takes the family bowling…

News at 6
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 02:33 AM by Jag88. Edited 3 times in total.)

One huge marrone highlight was him and ramsey fighting it out on the sideline. The guy wasnt a head coach material. He MIGHT be good at offensive line coach which is nice

It helps when the head coach is a motivator with some track record of success. How good of a motivation coach is urban? I have a feeling we dont know yet since we are not in that locker room. Time will tell. I cant predict what happens with this coaching staff because it's the future, but we know the past when it comes to jags coaches, and we know most were nice guys but finished last.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 09:03 AM by Mikey.)

...let's take what everyone has been saying in all of the past meyer-related threads and put it as OP in a new thread.

Grape jerb

(10-23-2021, 03:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 02:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [Image: 2269fad553d2a511ae71ea5b39a4417c.jpg]

Good point!

[Image: image?url=https:%2F%2Fscarletandgame.com...=850&h=560]

If the Jags don't make the BCS next year I blame the anti-jaxxers bias

(10-23-2021, 06:06 PM)jagman Wrote: One thing I learned about people is if they enjoy complaining and harboring negative thoughts it will continue in the future.  It doesn't matter if things change for the better, they will find fault with it.  It's just their nature.

you forgot a comma after "thoughts"

@typical crap post@

(10-23-2021, 06:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 06:06 PM)jagman Wrote: One thing I learned about people is if they enjoy complaining and harboring negative thoughts it will continue in the future.  It doesn't matter if things change for the better, they will find fault with it.  It's just their nature.

I've been painfully optimistic about every failed HC, GM, QB, 1st Rd pick (except LF) and on and on and on since Coughlin left. 

But I think Baalke and Meyer have laid a rotten egg in their time thus  far.

They did a [BLEEP] job of analyzing what they had to work with and augmenting it with what was required to succeed.
Now, they've also gotten off to a craptastic start at implementing the talent they do have on Sundays.

I feel 100% justified in saying they've got a long way to go to earn any respect from me.
 Of course I hope they do figure it out, but they've [BLEEP] the bed so far.

It me. I think the only other person to have almost immediately destroyed my sense of good will was the second coming of Coughlin.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 09:17 AM by Mikey.)

(10-24-2021, 12:26 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 06:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They did a [BLEEP] job of analyzing what they had to work with and augmenting it with what was required to succeed.
Now, they've also gotten off to a craptastic start at implementing the talent they do have on Sundays.

They did say that the o-line was the one part of this team that could remain stable while the rest of the squad required talent everywhere.  That announcement was met with universal derision on these boards.  Contrary to the mob's position, though, it's proven to be well-judged.  Reasoned, rational criticism of UM should at least start with that acknowledgement.

If TLaw wasn't getting the ball out as quickly as he has been, that line would be showing its glaring weaknesses. It is a line built for run blocking, as we can see when they actually let JRob run. Are you seriously stating that Taylor is fine as our long-term RT? Cann can't stay healthy, and our high pick can't seem to get on the field.

The line could still use attention. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the line could ALWAYS use attention. That's how important that position group is to a team's success.

(10-24-2021, 10:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm tired of these false alarms.  I orders a pitchfork 2 years ago and it's still sitting in the closet collecting dust.

Boy I sure coulda used you and your pitchfork last weekend. Who knew living in a forest would lead to a blanket of leaves and pine needles EVERY DANG WHERE.

(10-25-2021, 09:14 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 12:26 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: They did say that the o-line was the one part of this team that could remain stable while the rest of the squad required talent everywhere.  That announcement was met with universal derision on these boards.  Contrary to the mob's position, though, it's proven to be well-judged.  Reasoned, rational criticism of UM should at least start with that acknowledgement.

If TLaw wasn't getting the ball out as quickly as he has been, that line would be showing its glaring weaknesses. It is a line built for run blocking, as we can see when they actually let JRob run. Are you seriously stating that Taylor is fine as our long-term RT? Cann can't stay healthy, and our high pick can't seem to get on the field.

The line could still use attention. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the line could ALWAYS use attention. That's how important that position group is to a team's success.

(10-24-2021, 10:31 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm tired of these false alarms.  I orders a pitchfork 2 years ago and it's still sitting in the closet collecting dust.

Boy I sure coulda used you and your pitchfork last weekend. Who knew living in a forest would lead to a blanket of leaves and pine needles EVERY DANG WHERE.

I think that contrary to popular opinion, including mine at times, the offensive line has shown that, although it is not good enough, it is by far not the weakest area of the team.  I also think that when some people said that a large part of the pass blocking problems we had last year were from the QB holding the ball too long and not having enough pocket awareness, they were right.

(10-25-2021, 01:23 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Meyer takes the family bowling…

News at 6

His full fingertip grip really cranks up the revs and allowed the balls to pound the pocket, and he seemed to get an unusual burst from having a sub for his usual partner.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 09:24 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Speaking of a fork. put a fork in the bye week. It's time to get excited about the next game at 4pm sunday vs the hawks. Let's go jags baby!

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 09:34 AM by Mikey.)

(10-24-2021, 12:29 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I would like to add some more tid bits. I have watched plenty of Jimmy Johnson videos.  Do you know how he started to build the Cowboys?  I am paraphrasing but what he pretty much said, "I had to weed out the good from the bad."

-Jimmy took that 1-15 year and weeded out the players who either did not want to be there, did not buy into his vision, just not talented enough, or just did not fit the scheme. 

-Jimmy Knew he had to hit in the draft.  We are only about a 1/3 into this season so it's way too early to judge this class either way.  It's really going to be at least a year or two before we start seeing the fruits or lack there of this class.

they traded Herschel Walker for a brinks truck worth of picks AND TOOK SOME DAMN GOOD PLAYERS WITH THOSE PICKS.

I missed where we used our picks to land Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Darren Woodson and others from the picks gained from our purge. In addition to that, they took guys like Aikman and Irvin with their own picks. What have we done anywhere near that level, outside of TLaw, in the past 2-3 seasons?

Players, not plays. Urbz may be a playcalling genius, but if we fail to bring in great players, the best plays ever called will still not be enough for prolonged success.

(10-24-2021, 03:55 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 10:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The line looks better because Lawrence is good.

You got yours before the pandemic then, mine's sitting on a ship of California waiting to be unloaded.

I'm new to this site and I gotta say that you two are odd choices for moderators.  You're anything but moderate in your passionate defense of the idea that every single thing in Jaguarland sucks, including the curtains.  Of course, I'm assuming that the goal of this site is to curate a collection of Jaguars enthusiasts.  The goal may actually be to create a community of bitter, sarcastic and depressed internet loners.  In which case keep kicking goals.  You're doing a Crackerjack job.

You realize the goal of a moderator is not the same as marketing, right?

(10-25-2021, 02:07 AM)Jag88 Wrote: One huge marrone highlight was him and ramsey fighting it out on the sideline. The guy wasnt a head coach material. He MIGHT be good at offensive line coach which is nice

It helps when the head coach is a motivator with some track record of success. How good of a motivation coach is urban? I have a feeling we dont know yet since we are not in that locker room. Time will tell. I cant predict what happens with this coaching staff because it's the future, but we know the past when it comes to jags coaches, and we know most were nice guys but finished last.

Hahahaha and you think Ramsey wouldn't yell at Meyer?? especially being 1-5.

Marrone is a much better NFL HC than Meyer until Meyer proves otherwise (which he won't).
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 10:03 AM by OzJohnnie.)

(10-25-2021, 09:31 AM)Mikey Wrote: You realize the goal of a moderator is not the same as marketing, right?

I was finished in this thread until I saw this comment.  It is as nonsensical as: You realise the goal of moderation is not the same as dog washing, right?

I'm genuinely curious as to what you think site moderation has to do with marketing and why you thought to bring that up in response to my question.

(10-25-2021, 10:02 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 09:31 AM)Mikey Wrote: You realize the goal of a moderator is not the same as marketing, right?

I was finished in this thread until I saw this comment.  It is as nonsensical as: You realise the goal of moderation is not the same as dog washing, right?

I'm genuinely curious as to what you think site moderation has to do with marketing and why you thought to bring that up in response to my question.

Because Moderation is not about being Suzie Sunshine and moderators aren't required to applaud stupid moves by the organization.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-25-2021, 10:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 10:02 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: I was finished in this thread until I saw this comment.  It is as nonsensical as: You realise the goal of moderation is not the same as dog washing, right?

Because Moderation is not about being Suzie Sunshine and moderators aren't required to applaud stupid moves by the organization.

If someone had suggested you be a Suzie Sunshine or a hapless toadie then I guess you, at least, would have a point.  If you're addressing my observation then it was you are anything but moderate in your moderation.  My further point was that immoderate moderators are more likely to foster a culture that mirrors their own tastes, in this example a site where people are encouraged to hate on the Jags and UM in particular, rather than a community of people who share collegiately.  If that's your goal, a whinge fest, then good work.

I could care less, actually.  I'm just here to pick up rumors and snippets of info.  The hate for all things UM is good for a few chuckles on the side.

(10-25-2021, 10:13 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 10:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Because Moderation is not about being Suzie Sunshine and moderators aren't required to applaud stupid moves by the organization.

If someone had suggested you be a Suzie Sunshine or a hapless toadie then I guess you, at least, would have a point.  If you're addressing my observation then it was you are anything but moderate in your moderation.  My further point was that immoderate moderators are more likely to foster a culture that mirrors their own tastes, in this example a site where people are encouraged to hate on the Jags and UM in particular, rather than a community of people who share collegiately.  If that's your goal, a whinge fest, then good work.

I could care less, actually.  I'm just here to pick up rumors and snippets of info.  The hate for all things UM is good for a few chuckles on the side.

How much less could you care though? Frankly you have no idea how our moderation goes, and most folks will tell you that the mods do a damn fine job of not letting personal issues colour the act of moderation. But you seem to think that moderators are here to "foster" something, which they aren't, they are simply here to ensure that people conform to the CoC. Collegiality isn't the goal, discussion is. If everyone thinks everything is always great then the site isn't just boring, it's unrealistic.

Some are going to have egg on their face after this season..

A. If it implodes while being a dumpster fire, the naysayers can always have the "I told you so."

or

B. Meyer gets this team on a roll and the naysayers may have to swallow their pride and hope on board. I am choosing to be optimistic. If I am wrong I will have no problem coming forward and admitting that. Most on this board can't admit to their own BS

I have seen recent photo's that highly suggest Meyer has not, "lost the locker room" like so many reported. The effort they put in London speaks to that.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]